Torchlight 2 Too Big For XBLA

#1 Posted by pweidman (2284 posts) -

Looks like either a redesign to fit on XBLA(please no)or a retail 360 release. I for one would totally welcome a retail release. With Torchlight topping the XBLA sales charts this year(dollars not units), why wouldn't MS jump at a chance to publish this??? God I hope it happens. But Max says pc first, then the Mac port, and then they'll consider the xbox options. Pretty good article about all this here:

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2011-08-04-torchlight-2-is-too-big-for-xbla

#2 Posted by Codeacious (960 posts) -

Well, if Runic can make it worth the price we'll have to pay now that it's (most likely) going to disc, I have no problem with it.

#3 Posted by BaneFireLord (2907 posts) -

I just want them to give a release date, for any version of Torchlight II.

#4 Posted by Marokai (2787 posts) -
@BaneFireLord said:
#5 Posted by ajamafalous (11809 posts) -

I'll be buying it on Steam anyway.

#6 Posted by NekuCTR (1663 posts) -

Figured as much. I was surprised they got the first one under the download cap. and Runic doesn't seem like a company that would skimp on quality, so I'm guessing it'll be full retail. Regardless though, I'm still going with the PC version.

#7 Posted by Khadyn (228 posts) -

@Marokai said:

@BaneFireLord said:
#8 Posted by KillyDarko (1888 posts) -
@ajamafalous said:
#9 Posted by YoungFrey (1321 posts) -
@ajamafalous said:

But if the 360 release is on disk for $40, what are the chances of the Steam version being $20?  Is there precedent for that kind of disparity (I mean at launch)?  It seems like having any disc version will raise the price.
#10 Posted by Yanngc33 (4496 posts) -
@Marokai
@BaneFireLord said:
This and also who in their right mind wants to play Torchlight on 360?
#11 Posted by Witzig (326 posts) -

What price would we see if it went retail $25-30 or more?

#12 Posted by Bloodfarts (63 posts) -

@Yanngc33: I played Torchlight on steam and then again on my 360. The XBLA version is a great port and I found the menus to be easier to navigate w/ the controller. I'll be getting this on Steam, but no reason to discount the 360 version, if the quality is as good as the first one.

#13 Posted by Animasta (14633 posts) -

so is torchlight 2 too sexy for XBLA?

#14 Posted by Yanngc33 (4496 posts) -
@Bloodfarts even without hot keys? Color me surprised have to check that out
#15 Posted by GeekDown (1170 posts) -

I personally don't care about the 360 version since the game will run just fine on my laptop. Despite that it would be cool if it got a retail release because the game will most likely be great and the more people that play it the better.

#16 Posted by WinterSnowblind (7613 posts) -

This doesn't even make sense. The first Torchlight on XBLA was under 200mb and some XBLA games are upwards of 2gb.

Not that I'd buy it on the Xbox anyway, but it seems like an odd statement.

#17 Posted by Winger (151 posts) -

The magic of the games on demand service.

As long as people know its there it won't be a problem, they can have their space and 20 dollar price tag.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.