Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Torchlight II

Game » consists of 7 releases. Released Sep 20, 2012

The sequel to Runic Games' Torchlight, it features four new classes, a much bigger world, online co-op play, and a host of other new features.

Torchlight II Co-op Preview

pweidman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By pweidman

We didn't get to see any Torchlight II from our G-bomb guys this E3(that I could tell), but that doesn't mean it wasn't there. Other smaller sites took a look at the co-op in the game, and the link to Co-Optimus is one such take. In short, the game sounds awesome. Bigger, more open world, with open areas between dungeons, and weather effects for more atmosphere. Cinematics and more dramatic music, giving overall bigger and better production values. 4 NEW character classes that can be played as male or female. They're claiming way more highend loot sets than Torchlight :))). As of now the team is saying 8 player co-op. Host can change that. There's going to be full mod support at point of launch, so i guess that must be why they are offering the mp as the "Wild West' or 'Standard' modes. Hell it's all in the article. Check it out:

http://www.co-optimus.com/article/6232/e3-2011-torchlight-2-co-op-hands-on-preview.html

Oh and it sounds like pc first this July.

STUVNING

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#2  Edited By STUVNING

Is it really releasing this summer? Or did I just imagine reading late 2011 somewhere? Anyway, really looking forward to it!

Avatar image for taliciadragonsong
    TaliciaDragonsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#3  Edited By TaliciaDragonsong

Sounds great.

Hell, I'd buy a co op Torchlight 1 if they made that. (The mod for it was too buggy!)

alistercat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 27

#4  Edited By alistercat

Based on the lack of coverage I expected this to be a long way off.

pweidman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By pweidman

Schaeffer said that the XBLA port of Torchlight slowed them down a bit on finishing Torchlight II. It was scheduled to release in May. He also said some of the stuff on the UI that they learned getting Torchlight on XBL will make it into the pc release of T2. All customizable apparently also. These guys are smart. G-bomb needs to have'em in their office for an extended preview/demo.

GaiaAthena

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By GaiaAthena

I liked the first Torchlight so looking forward to this one. Preview looks good, I look forward to see more from this title.

buft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#7  Edited By buft

I loved the first game, i'd still be playing it now if it was Co-op.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.