Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Torchlight II

Game » consists of 7 releases. Released Sep 20, 2012

The sequel to Runic Games' Torchlight, it features four new classes, a much bigger world, online co-op play, and a host of other new features.

Torchlight II has a release date ( ...for a release date... )!!!

circlenine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By circlenine
    Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

#2  Edited By Justin258

...but then the release date comes and they're like "Fooled you, we're actually releasing it alongside Half-Life 3!"

AndrewB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 16

#3  Edited By AndrewB

@believer258 said:

...but then the release date comes and they're like "Fooled you, we're actually releasing it alongside Half-Life 3!"

Good to see Half-Life 3 taking up the mantle now that Duke Nukem Forever came and went with an "ugh!"

Phatmac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 12

#4  Edited By Phatmac

BAWAHHHHHH!

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Justin258

@AndrewB said:

@believer258 said:

Good to see Half-Life 3 taking up the mantle now that Duke Nukem Forever came and went with an "ugh!"

Oh, I'm not expecting Half-Life 3 to even scratch its astronomical expectations. The difference between 3D Realms and Valve, though, is that Valve has half a brain on their shoulders and a bit of taste to go with it; this means that Valve has tasty brains and will therefore stay in business.

AndrewB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#6  Edited By AndrewB

@believer258: Oh, my comment about DNF being a steaming pile was completely incidental. I have faith in Valve releasing a quality product, if they ever release it.

I also expect Torchlight 2 to be a more Diablo-ish Diablo now that Diablo isn't. Which means it might do better than I might have originally thought it would, and I wouldn't think they'd need the long wait period for Diablo 3 sales to cool off.

So maybe the release date announcement will be that they're releasing now?

mgsolid86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 40

#7  Edited By mgsolid86

Nice, I pre-ordered it months ago. I just got back into Diablo III with the Paragon update, not to mention Guild Wars 2 launching tonight for pre-order people. Too many PC games is never a problem! I'm definitely looking forward to it!

Funkydupe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#8  Edited By Funkydupe

Definitely. Its the best time to be a gamer when you just don't know which game to start with. :D

Avatar image for captaintightpants
    CaptainTightPants

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#9  Edited By CaptainTightPants

Arghh... At this point I'm using Diablo 3 to keep me satisfied until Torchlight 2 is released.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Justin258

@CaptainTightPants said:

Arghh... At this point I'm using Diablo 3 to keep me satisfied until Torchlight 2 is released.

Really? I'm just using Torchlight 1. Which, well, I've barely played...

spiceninja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 2

#11  Edited By spiceninja

I pre-ordered way back in May when it was added to Steam and played a ton of the beta. I'm a bit bummed it's taken this long to come out but, whatever. I can already tell it's going to be more satisfying than Diablo 3 from the time I spent in the beta.

Gantrathor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#12  Edited By Gantrathor

I've been checking the Steam page every week or so to see if they added a release date, only to find out that it still says "Summer." But it looks like they're finally ready to unleash this cartoony-steampunk-fantasy-dungeoncrawler-RPG, with pets, onto the gaming world. Congratulations Runic Games. I just Might pull an all-nighter with this one.

ch3burashka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#13  Edited By ch3burashka

@believer258 said:

@AndrewB said:

@believer258 said:

Oh, I'm not expecting Half-Life 3 to even scratch its astronomical expectations. The difference between 3D Realms and Valve, though, is that Valve has half a brain on their shoulders and a bit of taste to go with it; this means that Valve has tasty brains and will therefore stay in business.

The expectations are only astronomical if you build them up that way. I'm only expecting what they've delivered so far - excellent narrative, good characters, quality mechanics. The only thing I'm "expecting" is the final word on the HL/Portal universi and their integration. I honestly don't see what they can possibly do to screw it up.

Binman88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Binman88

I think Diablo 3 has really put me off playing a game like this in the near future, so I'm not as excited as I would have been before that came out. Will be good to finally see how it shapes up though.

Avatar image for bourbon_warrior
    Bourbon_Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#15  Edited By Bourbon_Warrior

@Binman88 said:

I think Diablo 3 has really put me off playing a game like this in the near future, so I'm not as excited as I would have been before that came out. Will be good to finally see how it shapes up though.

Haha was about to write that, Ive spent 50 hours on Diablo got up to Hell difficulty and just realized I would never beat this game on the hardest difficulty and just stopped playing. I don't think I ever really had fun playing it like I do a FIFA or BF3.

Binman88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Binman88

@Bourbon_Warrior: Yeah. I have enjoyed loot games like Diablo in the past, and will probably continue to do so in the future, but grinding for gold/gear for Inferno really made me loathe the shallow gameplay these types of games offer. Kinda took a step back and asked myself what the fuck I was doing and uninstalled it!

zor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 18

#17  Edited By zor

Gah, while i am looking forward to this game, i dislike a count down to a count down...

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.