Unable To Connect To Authentication Server

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by Ariketh (606 posts) -

The problem is probably not the game, but instead, I'd imagine it's Windows 7. I can't log into the game or even connect to the website. I was able to get onto the website at work, using a Windows XP computer that is about 10 years old and located in my office, but I can't at home, using Windows 7 machine that was made last September. The biggest difference is the operating system. I also can't get into the game. I am able to access other secure websites though. No problem checking my bank account or accessing my email.

Anyone have any solutions for this?

As far as the website goes, I ran a diagnostic check and it came up with this. I'd guess my issue accessing the website and my issue logging into the game are related.

Issues found
Detection details
website (secure.runicgames.com) is online but isn't responding to connection attempts.
Detected
The remote computer isn’t responding to connections on port 80, possibly due to firewall or security policy settings, or because it might be temporarily unavailable. Windows couldn’t find any problems with the firewall on your computer.
Contact the service provider or owner of the remote system for further assistance, or try again later
Completed

Any help would be awesome.

#2 Posted by RobertoPotato (1 posts) -

I had the same problem just some secs ago, solved it by closing skype (which uses port 80 for communications). It might help !

#3 Edited by Ariketh (606 posts) -

@RobertoPotato said:

I had the same problem just some secs ago, solved it by closing skype (which uses port 80 for communications). It might help !

I didn't know that. Haha.

I've closed a large number of programs and still no luck. But thanks for the suggestion! I'll try to figure this out.

Edit: HOLY SHIT! A lot of things use Port 80!

Edit 2: I checked on the game and found that the game itself doesn't actually use Port 80. It uses port 4549.

#4 Posted by SlasherMan (1725 posts) -

Any luck in getting this to work? This started happening to me this morning and haven't been able to log in since.

Beta's apparently been extended until Thursday, BTW.

#5 Posted by RedRavN (397 posts) -

@SlasherMan said:

Any luck in getting this to work? This started happening to me this morning and haven't been able to log in since.

Beta's apparently been extended until Thursday, BTW.

I had this issue before and waiting a few minutes seemed to resolve the problem and I have not had the error since. Glad to hear we get some more beta time.

#6 Posted by SlasherMan (1725 posts) -

@RedRavN: Yeah it worked itself out eventually, but it was hours later. Still glad I get to play a bit more before the beta ends tomorrow.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.