Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Torchlight II

Game » consists of 7 releases. Released Sep 20, 2012

The sequel to Runic Games' Torchlight, it features four new classes, a much bigger world, online co-op play, and a host of other new features.

Waning interest in this game

Jiggah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Jiggah

It just hit me today that Torchlight 2 had been delayed from it's Spring release to July and now it's looking like it won't even be making it during the summer.  It also seems like there has been less and less coverage which has seriously killing my interest in this game.  It's the weird "Duke" effect where if a game gets delayed multiple times, you know there are issues with it and the outcome is probably not going to be pretty.  If this gets pushed to Diablo 3 release territory then it's highly unlikely I'll even be giving it a shot.  It's a damn shame, it could have been a wonderful lead-in to Diablo 3.

pweidman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By pweidman
    fox01313

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 19

#3  Edited By fox01313

At least we are informed on when it's coming out from Runic, unlike Diablo3 where they just tell everyone the release date is put into this magic 8-ball & everyone getting a different response from it. Front page on this has Q3 & as this is so close to the previous game (as far as a bulk of the tech) it's not going to take forever for them to make it, plus after seeing all the mods done on the last one they might cherry pick those ideas from the mods to put in the game making it more fun.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

#4  Edited By Justin258

I was looking at getting the original Torchlight. Not now, but later. On 360, though. My computer is just a regular ol' work laptop, not anything special.

bloodfarts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By bloodfarts

It's great on 360, and you don't need a strong computer to run it. I recommend it either way.

JJWeatherman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 18

#6  Edited By JJWeatherman

@believer258 said:

I was looking at getting the original Torchlight. Not now, but later. On 360, though. My computer is just a regular ol' work laptop, not anything special.

Torchlight has a netbook mode and will run on almost any machine. You should get it on PC if it's cheaper. Actually, it probably controls a bit better on PC as well.

ervonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By ervonymous

I'd already forgotten this game exists (in some form), next up in line is Serious Sam 3. They haven't even told the system requirements yet.

Death_Burnout

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 6

#8  Edited By Death_Burnout

I really can't wait, and I'm kinda fed up with waiting...All I ask for is a solid release date. Runic have been bastards to me on the official site, teasing me with in-depth information on level design and randomization (I live for randomization!) So it's madening to not know when the hell it's coming out, it was bad enough when it got delayed the first time. I keep reading different things about the release and never know who's actually right. The "coming 2011" on the official site doesn't really help.

It's done when it's done, yada yada I know, but god-damn I love Torchlight so much.

Avatar image for taliciadragonsong
    TaliciaDragonsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#9  Edited By TaliciaDragonsong

Meh, forget about it and WOW HEY its suddenly out! Awesome! Lets play!

I mean, if you worry about release dates and such, life's a bitch.
    I could go mental if I keep thinking about what games I'm dying to play!

Hunkulese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Hunkulese

There are so many other games to occupy my time I really could care less about a firm release date.

Aus_azn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#11  Edited By Aus_azn

I was pretty unimpressed with the first (yeah, flame the hell out of me for it), so I don't foresee myself picking this up until it hits a Steam Sale anyway.

buft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 4

#12  Edited By buft
    @Aus_azn said:
    I was pretty unimpressed with the first (yeah, flame the hell out of me for it), so I don't foresee myself picking this up until it hits a Steam Sale anyway.
    why would we do that, you are entitled to an opinion, i personally love the game and its random dungeons especially the infinite dungeon which can be a blast to crawl your way through but i can certainly see why people wouldnt like it.  

cant wait for the second one, im looking forward to co-op i think it will bring alot to the game.
    ajamafalous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#13  Edited By ajamafalous

@Aus_azn said:

Did you like Diablo at all?

RichMeisterMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By RichMeisterMan

I'll pick this up when it goes on sale on STEAM.  Hopefully the fixed the issue of there being too much loot.

crusader8463

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

#15  Edited By crusader8463

As long as it's $10, and at least half as good as the first game, then I will be buying it for the do-op alone. I just hope they don't do some fucking brain dead stupid co-op system like Dungeon Siege 3.

FLStyle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

#16  Edited By FLStyle

What happened to the MMO?

The_Nubster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

#17  Edited By The_Nubster

I ended up quitting the first game right at the last stretch, because the enemies just became so powerful they could kill me before I got near them. As in, I hadn't died a single time until I died dozens of times within an hour. 

For sure, Torchlight 2 has my purchase though, because the first was such a blast and filled in a gap in my heart. I just hope Diablo III doesn't follow too quickly after.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.