Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Torchlight II

Game » consists of 7 releases. Released Sep 20, 2012

The sequel to Runic Games' Torchlight, it features four new classes, a much bigger world, online co-op play, and a host of other new features.

Who else is PUMPED for this game?

• 132 results
    Bankrotas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#101  Edited By Bankrotas
    @Tackchevy: Considering Actiblizzard, you might be right. Diablo IV - War on Angels (Asian edition) . Next yeat probably.

@Canteu: And yet you have made only single point in your argument (note I might be using word "argument" incorrectly or not clearly enough)  when I asked you "Why". Other stuff you just named "awful" not explaining why. Did I need to ask you as a moron why is everything to you "awful" separately? 

Couldn't you just wrote something like.  
    I really disliked game pacing and constant repetitive dungeons, which seemed alike. Also heroes felt really sluggish and not really motivated to get their ember disease healed and whole feeling of doom wasn't really translated to gameplay even though story should make you sense approaching doom to your character.  Whole sense of action is almost always in same first gear as you calmly stroll along the dungeons, which were not immersive at all. 
    Although skills for me felt meaty and correct, speed of combat was either slow or bam your dead as alchemist, since you're not armored enough.  
    I never said I liked Torchlight 1, it felt slow, even with all the skills. And being slow, it felt unresponsive. Felt like Diablo 1 all over but with too long dungeon and not enough feel to the story. Lack of bonus lore really made this game semi interesting hack'n'slash'n'burn arcadey game. 
    All I wanted from you was something like this, but you had to go with "That my opinion so fuck you. Why? Because fuck you."  And calling everything awful you give away a feel of one arrogant SoB.
    Canteu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#102  Edited By Canteu

@Bankrotas: I would in fact be ashamed of myself if I ever wrote anything close to resembling what you just said.

Once again, chill the fuck out. You asked me for answers, I don't have to answer to you, and even though I gave you what you wanted (a chance to argue/confirmation bias) you seemed incensed.

There was no "fuck you" intended in my original post. It was simply fact. It is my opinion that I did not enjoy this game. Why does it matter to you? Why does it matter the reasons I dislike said game? (don't answer these please, I'm done with you)

Re-evaluate the way you talk to people on these forums, and maybe you'll get along with people.

Please learn the difference between an argument and a debate. I do not argue, I debate. In this case I did neither.

You're new here, so I'll let it slide this once.

bwheeeler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#103  Edited By bwheeeler

@Canteu said:

@Bankrotas: I would in fact be ashamed of myself if I ever wrote anything close to resembling what you just said.

Once again, chill the fuck out. You asked me for answers, I don't have to answer to you, and even though I gave you what you wanted (a chance to argue/confirmation bias) you seemed incensed.

There was no "fuck you" intended in my original post. It was simply fact. It is my opinion that I did not enjoy this game. Why does it matter to you? Why does it matter the reasons I dislike said game? (don't answer these please, I'm done with you)

Re-evaluate the way you talk to people on these forums, and maybe you'll get along with people.

Please learn the difference between an argument and a debate. I do not argue, I debate. In this case I did neither.

You're new here, so I'll let it slide this once.

BUT IF YOU GET ON BANKROTAS BAD SIDE AGAIN... MAN, I'LL FEEL SORRY FOR YOU

Bankrotas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104  Edited By Bankrotas
    @Canteu: Why?
    Svenzon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 21

#105  Edited By Svenzon

I was interested. Then some guy on Facebook told me I'm a retard and deserve to get shot for buying Diablo 3 and now I don't feel like it anymore. :(

Jayesslee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106  Edited By Jayesslee

Seeing as I got hit by diminishing returns as soon as nightmare started, I definitely can't wait for this.

Avatar image for deactivated-589cf9e3c287e
    deactivated-589cf9e3c287e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 4

I played enough of it to know that I really like the Outlander.

DJJoeJoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 19

#108  Edited By DJJoeJoe

I just wanted to comment on how crazy it sounds to me to be 'pumped' for a video game. Mostly cause I can't imagine any sort of experience that would justify being 'pumped', I feel like all you're doing it setting yourself up to become 'un-pumped' pretty quickly, especially since Torchlight 2 is very much what you think it will be (click on monster until they die, random loot, neat pet mechanics).

Bankrotas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109  Edited By Bankrotas
    @DJJoeJoe said:

I just wanted to comment on how crazy it sounds to me to be 'pumped' for a video game. Mostly cause I can't imagine any sort of experience that would justify being 'pumped', I feel like all you're doing it setting yourself up to become 'un-pumped' pretty quickly, especially since Torchlight 2 is very much what you think it will be (click on monster until they die, random loot, neat pet mechanics).

Did it sound crazy when D3 fanbois were "pumped"?
    TentPole

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110  Edited By TentPole

@DJJoeJoe said:

When it comes to clicking on monsters till they die - I am always pumped.

Clinkz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111  Edited By Clinkz

I just spent 65 dollars on diablo 3 so I'm not pumped.

Binman88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#112  Edited By Binman88

Not so much any more. I wanted to give the beta a go, but the launcher fucked up for me and customer support never responded to my email. Though the beta is over, if a customer support rep eventually gets around to responding to my email I'd be a little more interested in giving their game a second look.

StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 25

#113  Edited By StarvingGamer

Because Torchlight felt like an intermediary step between Diablo 1 and 2, I was instantly bored.

I'm assuming that Torchlight 2 will feel like an intermediary step between Diablo 2 and 3 so, no, I am the exact opposite of pumped.

DJJoeJoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114  Edited By DJJoeJoe

@Bankrotas said:

Iunno, I guess? I don't frequently refresh the internet for what people are talking about these days, I just pop into some random giantbomb forums once a week or a few weeks when I'm bored.

Bankrotas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115  Edited By Bankrotas

@StarvingGamer said:

Because Torchlight felt like an intermediary step between Diablo 1 and 2, I was instantly bored.

I'm assuming that Torchlight 2 will feel like an intermediary step between Diablo 2 and 3 so, no, I am the exact opposite of pumped.

Except D3 looks like miles away from quality that even D1 had to bring to the table. Especially after reading people's reaction to inferno difficulty.

@DJJoeJoe said:

@Bankrotas said:

Iunno, I guess? I don't frequently refresh the internet for what people are talking about these days, I just pop into some random giantbomb forums once a week or a few weeks when I'm bored.

Well to me, D3 seemed 10 time more hyped game.

StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116  Edited By StarvingGamer

@Bankrotas said:

@StarvingGamer said:

Except D3 looks like miles away from quality that even D1 had to bring to the table. Especially after reading people's reaction to inferno difficulty.

...what? Are you seriously arguing that D1 is a significantly better game than D3... because people are complaining about the hardest difficulty being hard?

Bankrotas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117  Edited By Bankrotas

@StarvingGamer: Difficulty is countered by farming, farming is bullcrap of an solution if you do not want to buy from Auction house. But difficulty aside, as and ARPG yes, D1 is miles ahead of D3. As pure Action game D3 has upper side, but since it has balls to call itself a rpg, I evaluate it as one. And there is no character progression in D3. It's just my opinion, and I partly enjoyed feel of D3, but never enough to feel like buying that game. However, this is not topic about D3, so apologize for sidetracking.

StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118  Edited By StarvingGamer
    @Bankrotas Or you can do what I did to counter the difficulty... and get better at the game.
    Avatar image for thedudeofgaming
    TheDudeOfGaming

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#119  Edited By TheDudeOfGaming

@DJJoeJoe said:

What about Wasteland 2? Is it okay to be pumped for that?

Azteck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#120  Edited By Azteck

I'm not sure if Bankrotas is rooting for TL2 or hates it. Though that goes for a lot of people in this thread.

That said, I'm pretty interested in the game. I wouldn't call it pumped just yet, as I only played through the beta content once and it felt solid enough. I'm keeping tabs on it though, hoping for some good stuff to seal the deal for me as I probably won't be getting D3.

Bankrotas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121  Edited By Bankrotas

@Azteck: I'm trying not to be a fanboy by trying to hear out reasons of haters, but I'm really irritated and offended by some braindead, full of prejudice comments.

valrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122  Edited By valrog

Not really, the first one didn't impress me as much, and with Diablo III... Well.

Bankrotas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123  Edited By Bankrotas

Also this I don't understand. Question is "Who is pumped?" not "Are you pumped?" How self-absorbed you have to be, not to understand, that if you're not interested in this game, it's not a topic for you to respond? People like this ruined thread, which was more probably meant to collect a friend list to play with online.

DJJoeJoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124  Edited By DJJoeJoe

@TheDudeOfGaming: lol, hopefully you got that I was talking generally and being subjective. Wasteland 2 aye? Think this game passed below my radar a bit, possibly being lumped in with the recent kickstarter gaming movement that I've skimmed past in my google reader feeds. Being made by the Hunted: The Demon's Forge fellows, game must have a cult following to warrant being excited just for it being made?

Can you be pumped for this game? Well I'm no expert on pumping, but there is someone who actually is an expert on pumping...

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#125  Edited By jakob187

I'M AS PUMPED AS A HIGH SCHOOL GIRL'S STOMACH THE NIGHT AFTER PROM!

ElixirBronze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126  Edited By ElixirBronze

@spazmaster666 said:

@Bell_End said:

what is it that TL2 does that D3 does not. as someone that has not played the TL2 beta i would be interested to know

6 player multi-player mode versus 4, single-player mode, LAN multiplayer, and $40 cheaper.

That's it? Really what's the point then? as someone who doesn't give two effs if you play lan or online, this makes me even less interested in checking that game out considering how the game's graphics literally does nothing for me.

Dagbiker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#127  Edited By Dagbiker

@david1890 said:

@spazmaster666 said:

@Bell_End said:

what is it that TL2 does that D3 does not. as someone that has not played the TL2 beta i would be interested to know

6 player multi-player mode versus 4, single-player mode, LAN multiplayer, and $40 cheaper.

That's it? Really what's the point then? as someone who doesn't give two effs if you play lan or online, this makes me even less interested in checking that game out considering how the game's graphics literally does nothing for me.

Ok, so then why are you posting in this thread?

Dagbiker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129  Edited By Dagbiker

@Lydian_Sel said:

I am absolutely excited to play, the only thing stopping me from the steam pre-order is the lack of a firm release date & that I've already bought Torchlight 1 so the incentive doesn't really entice.

Same, also the lack of a discount.

spazmaster666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#130  Edited By spazmaster666

@david1890 said:

How about the fact that the game has a single-player mode, which Diablo III lacks? Don't get me wrong, I love Diablo III, but it kinda sucks when you can't play the game (even by yourself) if the servers are down for maintenance for instance. Also the $20 price tag is pretty damn appealing to me.

ichthy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131  Edited By ichthy

Before D3 came out, excited. After D3 came out, not as much. TL was okay, but it really did just feel like Diablo 1.5, with no multiplayer. And after playing with D3's skill system, I don't think I can go back to a skill tree where the only difference is how many points I've pumped into a skill to make it stronger.

Anupsis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132  Edited By Anupsis

For some reason I got most of the way through torchlight and then got really really bored. I find it weird since I have put a good 100 hours or so into Diablo 3 so far. I may give it a try though.

ElixirBronze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133  Edited By ElixirBronze

@Dagbiker said:

@david1890 said:

@spazmaster666 said:

@Bell_End said:

Ok, so then why are you posting in this thread?

Maybe I wanted to learn more about the game before completely dismissing it?

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.