Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Torchlight

Game » consists of 10 releases. Released Oct 27, 2009

Torchlight is a Diablo-style action RPG from Runic Games. The game features three classes, randomly generated dungeons, and lots and lots of loot.

Are You Going to Play Torchlight?

DanielJW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

#1  Edited By DanielJW

If so, what do you plan on doing in it? What class do you want to play? Are you interested in the upcoming MMO version? 

Personally I'm interested in the Destroyer, and I'm somewhat interested in the MMO half, but I'll need to see what that entails as far as the micro-transactions and game play go. 

EDIT: Pre-ordered it moments ago, 6:00 can't come fast enough!

Well hello there.
          Well hello there.
    flaminghobo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 13

#2  Edited By flaminghobo

I'm pretty interested in it, but there are other games right now that require my money's undivided attention.

DanielJW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By DanielJW
    @FlamingHobo said:
    " I'm pretty interested in it, but there are other games right now that require my money's undivided attention. "
    I hear that. It's a pretty rough time of year of more obscure games like this one to be coming out. Though I definitely think it's price point helps it's chances.
    W0lfbl1tzers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#4  Edited By W0lfbl1tzers

I would love to play Fate again. So, when I get my new computer and Borderlands, I will.

RHCPfan24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#5  Edited By RHCPfan24

The Quick Look was interesting but this is nowhere near the top of my list. I have Borderlands, Brutal Legend, Forza 3 and Modern Warfare 2 to pick up first. :D

CowMuffins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By CowMuffins

I want to, it's very tempting. But I dunno.

FunExplosions

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#7  Edited By FunExplosions

Nah man. Looks like WoW graphics and that goddamn shitty art style in an overhead perspective. WoW came out 5 years ago. Well they aren't that bad exactly, but they are damn close. I'm just sayin' if they didn't put much time into the graphics or story or any "extra" elements of the game, then I'm willing to bet the core is gonna blow as well. And I'm gonna bet the MMO is gonna be some crappy WoW clone like Runes of Magic or something.

Not to sound negative or anything...

DanielJW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By DanielJW
    @RHCPfan24 said:

" The Quick Look was interesting but this is nowhere near the top of my list. I have Borderlands, Brutal Legend, Forza 3 and Modern Warfare 2 to pick up first. :D "

Only thing that brought it up to the top of my list, was that it can probably run pretty well on my garbage laptop. ^_^  

@FunExplosions: I see where you're coming from. I guess it just better appeals to a gamer like myself who just wants a time waster, a simple hack n' slash, loot that makes me look awesome, and low system requirements. It appears to fit perfectly to what I'm looking for as a game I can just kind of trod through and enjoy when I'm bored. 
    RHCPfan24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#9  Edited By RHCPfan24
    @DanielJW said:
    " @RHCPfan24 said:
    " The Quick Look was interesting but this is nowhere near the top of my list. I have Borderlands, Brutal Legend, Forza 3 and Modern Warfare 2 to pick up first. :D "
    Only thing that brought it up to the top of my list, was that it can probably run pretty well on my garbage laptop. ^_^  "
    Yeah that is a good reason. I am upgrading my computer this winter so maybe I can actually start running competent computer games again? This seems like one that would work on my current POS.
    End_Boss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By End_Boss

Nope, because it doesn't have co-op. That's like, half the appeal of these types of games. "Dude, check out this sweet sword I got!" etc., etc.

That being said, I'm super bummed that it has no multi-player, because otherwise it looks fantastic.

DanielJW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By DanielJW
    @End_Boss said:
    " Nope, because it doesn't have co-op. That's like, half the appeal of these types of games. "Dude, check out this sweet sword I got!" etc., etc.  That being said, I'm super bummed that it has no multi-player, because otherwise it looks fantastic. "
    So you could be stoked for the MMO version thats coming? 
    Jeust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 15

#12  Edited By Jeust

I will. 

I love diablo, hellgate london and titan quest, and i want to support Runic so i'll be getting it.

I'd like the retail hard copy, but it seems that it will take time to reach there, if it ever will, so i'll may buy it on steam.

End_Boss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By End_Boss
    @DanielJW said:
    " @End_Boss said:
    " Nope, because it doesn't have co-op. That's like, half the appeal of these types of games. "Dude, check out this sweet sword I got!" etc., etc.  That being said, I'm super bummed that it has no multi-player, because otherwise it looks fantastic. "
    So you could be stoked for the MMO version thats coming?  "
    I could be, except that version is at least eight months down the line, at which point my interest in this game will have very likely evaporated.
    W0lfbl1tzers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#14  Edited By W0lfbl1tzers
    @FunExplosions said:
    " Nah man. Looks like WoW graphics and that goddamn shitty art style in an overhead perspective. WoW came out 5 years ago. Well they aren't that bad exactly, but they are damn close. I'm just sayin' if they didn't put much time into the graphics or story or any "extra" elements of the game, then I'm willing to bet the core is gonna blow as well. And I'm gonna bet the MMO is gonna be some crappy WoW clone like Runes of Magic or something.  Not to sound negative or anything... "
    Sounds pretty damn negative to me. But what do I know, I just use the internet.
    FunExplosions

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By FunExplosions
    @W0lfbl1tzers: 'Twas a joke, mayn.
    erinfizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#16  Edited By erinfizz

I really like both overhead perspective AND things that will run on my laptop, so yes I might get this.  I will likely play Destroyer, and plan on running around like a dumbass and hitting things with a sword.

phatbrain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#17  Edited By phatbrain

I had no idea what it was until this QL. Now I am stoked, but I have so much else to play that I will end up waiting for a steam sale.

DanielJW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By DanielJW
    @erinfizz said:
    " I really like both overhead perspective AND things that will run on my laptop, so yes I might get this.  I will likely play Destroyer, and plan on running around like a dumbass and hitting things with a sword. "
    I do that in real life, only the sword is fake and people won't call me Destroyer, no matter how much I ask. :(
    Axersia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Axersia

Yeah, I'll be playing it and have already pre-purchased it on Steam. I'll probably roll either a Rogue Vanquisher or a Battle and/or Arcane Alchemist (maybe I'll mix skilltrees -- depends on how many skill points I receive per level up) . Judging from this trailer, the Destroyer has an extremely bland skillset in comparison to the other classes, and I play Warrior-types far too often as it is, so it's time for something different. Just check out the Vanquisher and Alchemist trailers, they have some sweet looking skills.

As for the "MMO" adaptation... Not really interested in it unless it plays like Guild Wars or Dungeon Runners (and I did get that impression from what they've been saying about it). I'm not interested in an actual MMO.

PenguinNerd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By PenguinNerd

@DanielJW:  I honestly find that a LOT of games I play on PC are games that I'd normally never try out but I only try them just cause they run on my mediocre laptop.  Luckily...through this method I've found games like Audiosurf :D

@End_Boss:  I have a lot of friends who would probably love this game....the only problem is, I'd much rather be able to play the game with them.  

I'll try out the demo though that apparently is coming as well.  Steam has it for 17.99 which is pretty tempting even with the boat load of games coming out now. 

Pazy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Pazy

Torchlight is definately on my list since the quicklook but Ive only ever played the demos of Diable 1/2 so I might see how cheap I can get Diable 2 since its supposed to be the best (or one of the best) game in its genre.

Crono

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

User Lists: 6

#22  Edited By Crono

I pre-ordered it so yes I am interested.  I am going to be playing the Alchemist first, likely on hardcore because I always enjoyed that mode in Diablo 2... you know, before TPPK became the norm.

vladgd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By vladgd

i was kind of on the edge on this until i seen the QL.  it's basically an updated diablo, for $18.00.  

so it's sitting in my "not installed" list until the game unlocks in 11 hours.  i swear, quick looks + steam = bye bye money.  first borderlands, now this. 

unclejohnny79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By unclejohnny79

i have it under the other like unrealesed games on my steam lol looks good and is really cheap

Geno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#25  Edited By Geno

Yeah the QL didn't excite me too much. It's basically to Diablo-esque games as Free Realms is to WoW-esque games. 

SoothsayerGB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By SoothsayerGB

Nah, just another lame attempt at a game style/formula that's been done to death.  Looks small and very uninteresting.  Poorly conceived, poorly crafted, and completely lacks vision.  

They are the creators of Diablo?... Seriously?  They spent a year on that, and all they did was recreate a really bad version of something they did 10 years ago.  Also, apparently they are going to create more and turn it into a MMO?  Yeah, sounds like someone is milking the WoW crowd, yet again.

This game offers no real innovation to the genre, they helped start.  As a old Diablo fan, its pretty sad to see such a awful game.  Being made by them.  Either they are stuck in the past, which I doubt or they are just getting ready to launch another WoW clone.   That will fail... Like they all do.

Which is a really bright idea, in itself.  Considering the fact that Starcraft 2, and Diablo 3 are due out in the not to distant future.  PLUS, another MMO-RPG by blizzard, based in a completely new universe.   (dev confirmed)

Sorry, sorry... I'm just a little peeved that such great guys could spend a year on a game.  That brings nothing real to the table.  It's just more of the same old.  But all about money.

IMO, if they really had any heart for the genre.  It would show a lot more.  It would even be advertised. They would be showing off their new systems, new additions, and their new designs. But I see none of that.

SO have fun. 

Gargantuan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Gargantuan

Yes, I will play it. I pre ordered it yesterday on steam.

raddevon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 11

#28  Edited By raddevon

I preordered about a week ago. I think I may go for the female character. I tend to stay away from the brutes as I don't find them very interesting. I don't care so much about the MMO version although I would like some co-op in this game. I was pretty excited before, but, having seen the quick look, I'm really anxious to try it! I just don't know when I will have the time. I'm sure I will at least install it tonight, but Borderlands is in the process of eating my life at the moment.

Does anyone know how long this game is?

scroll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By scroll

I just pre ordered this on steam.

It's cheap and cheerful, at that price I don't want a long experience, just something to tide me over while my mate ain't available for Borderlands Coop.

ToxicFruit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By ToxicFruit

Yes I am going to play it. I need a game I can jump into any time and play forever. hope they will ad co-op
    Edit: Just bought it :P

VWGTI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By VWGTI

Hell yea I am. After watching the QL I purchased the game on Steam. Can't wait to play it tonight seeing as how Borderlands on the PC is unplayable at the moment. >:(

Crono

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

User Lists: 6

#32  Edited By Crono

Well I thought I'd be playing this right now.  But I bought it on Steam and apparently it doesn't unlock til around 5/6 pm est  :O  I heard it is already available on Impulse though.

Axersia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Axersia

It's finally out on Steam. Not sure what took them so long since I could've played this game already had I pirated it or bought it on a different service.

pwnasaurus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By pwnasaurus

i played the demo tonight for an hour and then it ended or i got to the end i will be buying this tomorrow i only wish there was another class or 2
    MrGetBonus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By MrGetBonus

Idk. It looks alright but the lack of online play kinda kills it for me. Also, I was in the Alpha for that Mythos game and all it made me wanna do was go back play Diablo 2 again. Hell, just talkin about this makes me want to play Diablo 2 again. Damn 1.13 patch needs to come out already...

demonbear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#36  Edited By demonbear

I bought it. I was in the Mythos beta and played a good deal of it until it went down and it was a really great product. This is basically Mythos but better. The design is better, the pets are great, this is the best 20$ you can spend to get something while waiting for diablo 3.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.