Bit about Torchlight

Posted by HumanityPlague (251 posts) -

I like Torchlight, quite a bit.  I have it for the PC, and played the mage guy, beating that game at least twice, and enjoying it.  I'm interested in the Xbox 360 port also, since the Diablo PS1 port failed on an epic level.

One thing though:  Torchlight is NOT a super-unique thing on the Xbox 360.  It's a Diablo-style, hack & slash, RPG, to be sure.  But a few of those already existed on the 360, namely with Marvel Ultimate Alliance 1 & 2.  True, both those games didn't have "loot" (in a traditional sense), or randomly-generated dungeons, but seriously, those 3 games are basically the same.

It's NOT a bad genre either, as it's classical, and works, and is fun.  But for everyone saying how Torchlight is SO unique, and fresh on the 360, wake the fuck up.

#1 Posted by HumanityPlague (251 posts) -

I like Torchlight, quite a bit.  I have it for the PC, and played the mage guy, beating that game at least twice, and enjoying it.  I'm interested in the Xbox 360 port also, since the Diablo PS1 port failed on an epic level.

One thing though:  Torchlight is NOT a super-unique thing on the Xbox 360.  It's a Diablo-style, hack & slash, RPG, to be sure.  But a few of those already existed on the 360, namely with Marvel Ultimate Alliance 1 & 2.  True, both those games didn't have "loot" (in a traditional sense), or randomly-generated dungeons, but seriously, those 3 games are basically the same.

It's NOT a bad genre either, as it's classical, and works, and is fun.  But for everyone saying how Torchlight is SO unique, and fresh on the 360, wake the fuck up.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.