Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Torchlight

Game » consists of 10 releases. Released Oct 27, 2009

Torchlight is a Diablo-style action RPG from Runic Games. The game features three classes, randomly generated dungeons, and lots and lots of loot.

Boss Achievements in XBLA Torchlight

YoungFrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By YoungFrey

I was looking at the achievements for the XBLA version of Torchlight, and I noticed that there isn't a "Beat Ordrak" one (he's the final boss).  But there is an Avatar Award for killing the last boss.  Too bad it's a lame hat (maybe I'm missing something).   

It's an interesting use of Avatar Awards to reward the player more than XBLA hard limit of 12 achievements.  The other avatar Award (the ubiquitous game-logo T-Shirt) is instead of an achievement for killing boss #2.  Too bad these Awards aren't that good.   

It looks like an S-Rank is very doable here.  It will require some solid grinding, but nothing hard.
    BrittonPeele

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 7

#2  Edited By BrittonPeele

@YoungFrey: The hardest achievement is the one for achieving the maximum Fame level - and it's not "hard," it just takes a really long time... I'm not sure I'm going to go for it (I already have all the other achievements). But after beating the "final boss" (even though the game continues after that), I was only at fame level 23 or so out of, what? 55? So an entire second playthrough might be needed, unless I'm missing something.

Lukeweizer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By Lukeweizer

I'm just so horny for this game. Avatar awards are just a bonus. I'm pretty excited to work towards achievements (well, REAL achievements).

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.