Does it matter where I fish or only what my level is?

#1 Posted by JoelGuelph (6 posts) -

I'm assuming the chances of fishing something good are based on my level, and not on where I am fishing.  Does anyone know? 

In other words, if I'm say lvl 35 and I fish in town, will I get the same chances of pulling a fish as if I was in the dungeons at a high level? 
Also, does my level even affect the fishing outcomes?

#2 Posted by Cwaff (1260 posts) -

I assume this is in some kind of game?

#3 Posted by nukesniper (1312 posts) -

What game is this for? I have no idea. 

#4 Posted by odintal (1095 posts) -

Is this about torchlight?

#5 Posted by JoelGuelph (6 posts) -

OOps.  I meant to post this in to the Torchlight forum.

#6 Posted by Gamer_152 (14099 posts) -

Sir, you are either a troll or are very, very, very forgetful about posting which game you're referring to.

#7 Posted by The_Laughing_Man (13629 posts) -
@Gamer_152 said:
"

Sir, you are either a troll or are very, very, very forgetful about posting which game you're referring to.

"
That bug that puts game threads into general is back again. 
#8 Posted by RJPelonia (863 posts) -

Well, fishing in the game General Discussion is kind of tricky. As of yet, the developers has not disclosed their programming on that matter and people speculate that maybe it's al-- Okay, seriously, we have no idea what game you're talking about.

#9 Posted by Gamer_152 (14099 posts) -
@The_Laughing_Man said:
" @Gamer_152 said:
"

"
That bug that puts game threads into general is back again.  "
Perhaps time for a trip to the bug reporting forum methinks, that is providing the site doesn't post our bug report in general discussion.
#10 Posted by The_Laughing_Man (13629 posts) -
@Gamer_152 said:
" @The_Laughing_Man said:
" @Gamer_152 said:
"

"
That bug that puts game threads into general is back again.  "
Perhaps time for a trip to the bug reporting forum methinks, that is providing the site doesn't post our bug report in general discussion. "
That would be very funny. But I think the guys know about it all ready.
#11 Posted by Vision (796 posts) -

The deeper in the dungeon you go the better chance of catching the big boys. 

A necklace with plus to fishing luck helps too.

#12 Posted by Tordah (2484 posts) -
@Vision said:
" The deeper in the dungeon you go the better chance of catching the big boys.   A necklace with plus to fishing luck helps too. "
This. I wasn't even aware there were any items with +fishing luck stats until I found the unique Fisherman's necklace.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.