Finally Got Around To Beating Torchlight On Very Hard

Posted by mzuckerm (351 posts) -

I died a shitload of times, particularly on Ordrak, but I finally got around to it, a year or so after I initially purchased the game.  What I found interesting is that this latest playthrough rekindled my interest in the game, and I quickly followed up with a sub-5 hour run (on easy) just to compare.  I'm now planning on doing a slower, more meticulous run on normal and see if I can get down to the 100th floor of the dungeon.  I've got to hand it to the developers, they put out a terrific, inexpensive game that's got a ton of replay value. 

She's pretty bad-ass, right? 

I used that gun (Hannibal's Mortar) for probably the last half of the game. 

I'm a big fan of this helmet style, too.

Yes, my pet 's name is Abe Lincoln. 

This battle probably took close to 20 minutes. 

Getting really close.... 

About time. 
#1 Posted by mzuckerm (351 posts) -

I died a shitload of times, particularly on Ordrak, but I finally got around to it, a year or so after I initially purchased the game.  What I found interesting is that this latest playthrough rekindled my interest in the game, and I quickly followed up with a sub-5 hour run (on easy) just to compare.  I'm now planning on doing a slower, more meticulous run on normal and see if I can get down to the 100th floor of the dungeon.  I've got to hand it to the developers, they put out a terrific, inexpensive game that's got a ton of replay value. 

She's pretty bad-ass, right? 

I used that gun (Hannibal's Mortar) for probably the last half of the game. 

I'm a big fan of this helmet style, too.

Yes, my pet 's name is Abe Lincoln. 

This battle probably took close to 20 minutes. 

Getting really close.... 

About time. 
#2 Edited by HaltIamReptar (2029 posts) -

I went to Gamestop yesterday and they didn't have it.  Bummer!

I really, really liked the time I spent with it at a friend's house.

#3 Posted by Driadon (3027 posts) -

You have done something I dare not even try. 
Congrats

#4 Posted by Jeust (10858 posts) -

Great game!!! And well done. I never dared to do it with a thief, although I finished it with the mage and warrior. Next stop will be the thief. Your's is very cool. I like the outfit. 

#5 Posted by mzuckerm (351 posts) -
@HaltIamReptar: Get it via Steam.  They've got a great system.
#6 Posted by Wildfire570 (719 posts) -

Congrats of beating it on very hard! How long did it take you beat on the diffiuculty? 
Also, Abe Lincoln is a pretty good name for a pet!

#7 Posted by mzuckerm (351 posts) -
@Wildfire570: Probably somewhere in the neighborhood of 15-20 hours.  I wasn't really keeping track, but some of the later levels took a long time to work through. 

I also love the name Abraham Lincoln for a dog.  I can imagine saying "Abraham Lincoln, stop drinking out of the toilet!"  Cracks me up every time.
#8 Posted by Azteck (7449 posts) -

That last boss was bullshit. I did not find him fun. l:

#9 Posted by JJWeatherman (14570 posts) -

Awesome. Makes me want to jump back in.

#10 Posted by arca (134 posts) -

I've been playing it a lot on easy and normal but just don't feel like I could put in the time and effort to play through it at a harder difficulty, it's one of those games I enjoy because you can play it quite casually. Doing what you did requires dedication, congrats!

#11 Posted by HaltIamReptar (2029 posts) -
@mzuckerm said:
" @HaltIamReptar: Get it via Steam.  They've got a great system. "
I've spent hundreds of dollars on Steam, duder.  I was hoping to get it at Gamestop because I currently don't have a credit card.
#12 Posted by mzuckerm (351 posts) -
@HaltIamReptar: I think they take PayPal too.
#13 Posted by HaltIamReptar (2029 posts) -
@mzuckerm: But PayPal is a bummer.
#14 Posted by pweidman (2362 posts) -

100 floors???wtf?  I never dreamt there were that many.  I think I'm on like the 23rd or so,lol.  Fun game agreed and only $20, and even better you can just play it for 20 minutes whenever and just pick right up again some other time.  TC, have you seen all the stuff for the next game due in the spring??  Looks to be very good :).

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.