Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Torchlight

Game » consists of 10 releases. Released Oct 27, 2009

Torchlight is a Diablo-style action RPG from Runic Games. The game features three classes, randomly generated dungeons, and lots and lots of loot.

Runic Games planning for Torchlight on XBLA/PSN

fjordson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

#1  Edited By fjordson

Runic Games had dreams of putting Torchlight on Xbox Live Arcade, then it put "serious effort" into a console version and now the studio is hoping to have the game out by this holiday for PSN and XBLA. Runic CEO Max Schaefer told Joystiq at Gamescom today, "We're trying, we're talking [to Sony and Microsoft] and we hope to get that done quickly." Although there's no release window, he told us it'll "hopefully" be available "by the holidays."

Schaefer also told us the game has now sold over 750,000 units and is en route to a million. The RPG reached the half-million milestone back in May after launching in October, following a tiny development time of 10 months. If the sales figure seems a bit low, the executive mentioned that piracy has been an issue, but they have no way of tracking how many illegal copies were made.

As for Torchlight 2 on consoles, Schaefer told us Runic will "try" to get the multiplayer sequel to consoles sometime after the PC and Mac release.

Joystiq article
    SSully

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By SSully

I really dont see it working on consoles. But then again death spank is kind of similar in mechanics. Either way i hope its a good port, because people really should play this game. 

ISuperGamerI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By ISuperGamerI

I really hope they do port the game as I would rather play on XBL.

Axersia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By Axersia

If they ever release the original on PSN I'd totally re-buy it even though I've already bought two Steam copies of it (one was a gift). I could see it working just fine if they use one of the analog sticks to aim your spells like the Dark Alliance series or add a lock-on feature like Sacred 2.

valrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By valrog

That's great news. And lol at the piracy excuse.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.