Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Torchlight

Game » consists of 10 releases. Released Oct 27, 2009

Torchlight is a Diablo-style action RPG from Runic Games. The game features three classes, randomly generated dungeons, and lots and lots of loot.

So how bad IS the framerate on the 360?

drmadhatten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By drmadhatten

I heard on the Quicklook the framerate drops considerably and it seems to be a real turn off, but Brad mentioned that it doesn't effect playability too bad. Does anyone have this already that can tell me if it totally would keep me from buying the game for the console?

Avatar image for deactivated-5e851fc84effd
    deactivated-5e851fc84effd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

Sounds to me like occasionally it will chug for a few seconds when things get busy. Doesn't sounds too major, but I can't speak from personal experience.

BrittonPeele

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 7

#3  Edited By BrittonPeele

Playing through the main story (about 8 hours or so?) the game only chugged a little when things got really hectic. Definitely noticeable, but certainly not game breaking. 

However, when playing the post-story stuff, I started using the Aura of Thorns for the first time (I played a Destroyer), and when things would getting really crazy then, the slowdown seemed a LOT worse and seemed to last longer when it would happen. I don't know if the aura actually had anything to do with it or not, but I thought it worth mentioning. 

That said, while the slowdown is a problem (that I'm hoping they can at least reduce with a patch), I'd definitely recommend the game anyway. The PC version is better, sure - for more reasons than this - but the XBLA version is still great.

drmadhatten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By drmadhatten

That's what I needed to hear. Thanks Sargus

drmadhatten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By drmadhatten

My bad. Yes, totally getting it. I've had a count down on my computer and unless something drastic happened I would be playing it day one. I'll certainly blog about it for sure.

Lukeweizer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By Lukeweizer
    @DrMadHatten said:
    " I heard on the Quicklook the framerate drops considerably and it seems to be a real turn off, but Brad mentioned that it doesn't effect playability too bad. Does anyone have this already that can tell me if it totally would keep me from buying the game for the console? "
    it did it on PC as well. Just when there's a lot of shit going on on screen. No big.
    TobbRobb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#7  Edited By TobbRobb
    @Lukeweizer: Not on mine it didn't.
    ViciousReiven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By ViciousReiven

Question, is it actual slowdown, or hitching (plays a few frames, freezes a few frames)? 
    I don't mind slowdown, and in intense moments it can be rather cool looking, but hitches are just horrid.

Terrellism

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#9  Edited By Terrellism
    I think we should come away from this discussion with the following conclusion....It's time for a new Xbox. Maybe not necessarily a new PS3, seeing the system has a lot of power but hasn't really been fully utilized but the Xbox 360 is starting to show its age. And im an Xbox fan as well. 
    Lukeweizer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#10  Edited By Lukeweizer
    @TobbRobb said:
    " @Lukeweizer: Not on mine it didn't. "
    Did for me but it wasn't an issue. Shouldn't be an issue on consoles.
    ViciousReiven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By ViciousReiven
    @TROJAN_IMPALA said:
    " I think we should come away from this discussion with the following conclusion....It's time for a new Xbox. Maybe not necessarily a new PS3, seeing the system has a lot of power but hasn't really been fully utilized but the Xbox 360 is starting to show its age. And im an Xbox fan as well.  "
    Or, you know, optimize better. If the console can play Vanquish, a very pretty game that renders every fucking bullet on screen without slowing down, which also happens to load ridiculously fast, then it should play this just as well as on a PC.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.