Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Total War: Rome II

Game » consists of 8 releases. Released Sep 03, 2013

The successor to the acclaimed Rome: Total War and the eighth main entry in the Total War series, Total War: Rome II returns the series to classical antiquity.

Thinking of getting this, unsure about my PC though.

Sanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I know i meet there system requirements, that's obvious, but there the most generic requirements ever, i seriously hate when recommenced requirements wont play the game well at medium-high settings and i'v been burned before. Im running a 6970 with a i5 2500k and 8 gigs DDR3 and Shogun still lags in places for me, so im skeptical about this running good. I was wondering if they have demoed the game at all on slightly older hardware and mentioned what kind of settings people might get.

I actually didn't get to into Shogun, the setting was cool but i know very little of feudal Japan and had little interest in its history so it didn't hook me like previous games, i really enjoyed Empire though and loved Rome before it (never played medieval). Anyways thanks.

Cameron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

I believe they've said that it will run about as well as Shogun 2 on similar hardware. Can't remember where I heard that, so it might be completely false, or it might just be that the minimum specs are about the same. Those kind of statements are usually pretty meaningless anyway, especially from when coming from developers who want as many people as possible to buy the game. I'd assume you'd be fine on medium-high, but if you want to be safe you're probably going to have to wait for a day or so after launch to see what people with various hardware are experiencing.

Funkydupe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Funkydupe

Try Rome 2 on the list here and see whether you pass the tests. What's worth mentioning is that CA has boasted about Rome 2 being more friendly to lower end systems than Shogun 2 was

http://www.systemrequirementslab.com/cyri

Sanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Sanity

@funkydupe: Yea, that thing just says i pass and maxes out the meter because like i said there generic requirements, i wish they would say a recommended card.

Fredchuckdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By Fredchuckdave

Most Total War games scale down pretty well. Feudal Japanese history is a lot more interesting than medieval history, more interesting than most elements of Roman History; just from a pure military standpoint.

Sanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Most Total War games scale down pretty well. Feudal Japanese history is a lot more interesting than medieval history, more interesting than most elements of Roman History; just from a pure military standpoint.

Might be, i prefer Rome for a game though, larger scale then Japan.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.