Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Total War: Rome II

Game » consists of 8 releases. Released Sep 03, 2013

The successor to the acclaimed Rome: Total War and the eighth main entry in the Total War series, Total War: Rome II returns the series to classical antiquity.

Who wants GB to quick look Rome II?

MocBucket62

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 7

Now I know that none of the GB staff is into the Total War Series and I do not expect this game to hook 'em towards it. But man I want to see if the GB guys are gonna at least quick look this to see how its like. I will say that from some of the bombcasts from E3 and elsewhere, it seems that none of them have anything against Rome II or any Total War game. In fact, Jeff said he thought the Rome II demo at E3 looked cool, even if some of the tech looked early to him at the time. Though really, I'll be happy if they look at it or not. I won't complain if the guys mess up on some obvious tactics they could of done if they play Rome II, I'll just be happy if there's a quick look of this game at all considering that none of the game's trailers are posted on the site. But if they don't look at it, whatever, I'll look forward to other quick looks instead.

jimmyfenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I think they will!

warxsnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By warxsnake

I'm pretty sure they will.

Personally can't wait. Haven't been following too much on the development of the game but I believe you can win with cultural now? I don't know if that's true maybe I'm mixing up games.

AlexW00d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By AlexW00d

I hope not, 'cause none of them will bother to learn it, save for maybe Drew, and it'll just be another shit fest.

MocBucket62

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@warxsnake: Yep, you can win the campaign with culture and economy now! Taking some tips from Civilization.

warxsnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Actually I was about to edit my post to reflect what AlexW00d just said; GB has a track record of drastically uninformed QLs, some people are into that but when it comes to games like this with lots of in-depth mechanics, it hurts to watch sometimes. To the point sometimes where the game gets widely misrepresented.

The issue with games like this is that they require very in-depth explanation of systems and whatnot, and I guess personalities like Total Biscuit on Youtube are more suited to highlight all those things in much more depth.

2HeadedNinja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#7  Edited By 2HeadedNinja

They probably won't and somehow I think they should not. After the Payday 2 QL I feel like I'm not sure I want them to QL genres or games they know they are not into.

Pie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@alexw00d: Should get that Mike guy to do it again

vitor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@alexw00d said:

I hope not, 'cause none of them will bother to learn it, save for maybe Drew, and it'll just be another shit fest.

If Drew's on the case, I most definitely want this.

senrat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No I dont want to see them play it. Everytime I see them play a total war game they act like its some crazy complex game thats difficult to learn, its not at all. If they were to quick look it, I would hope somebody like Drew would play the game for at least 10 hours and give the game a good showing.

senrat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No I dont want to see them play it. Everytime I see them play a total war game they act like its some crazy complex game thats difficult to learn, its not at all. If they were to quick look it, I would hope somebody like Drew would play the game for at least 10 hours and give the game a good showing.

ch3burashka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No offense to them but they'd probably fuck it up; that shit is deep and I don't really want to see the comments be all like "they are playing it wrong". Maybe they can get Dave in for a quick cameo - I'm sure he knows what's up.

Belegorm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Why wouldn't they quick look it? It's a major game release and I'm pretty sure they QL'd Shogun 2.

However, yeah their lack of knowledge about the total war games really hurts their presentation of them; they're not that complicated and battlefield strategy in total war is generally common sense.

Belegorm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Why wouldn't they quick look it? It's a major game release and I'm pretty sure they QL'd Shogun 2.

However, yeah their lack of knowledge about the total war games really hurts their presentation of them; they're not that complicated and battlefield strategy in total war is generally common sense.

ArtisanBreads

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

They will but it's going to be one of those "might as well not have" I'd guess.

Avatar image for deactivated-629eab11cc270
    deactivated-629eab11cc270

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

If you're the type of person who's going to be pre-complaining about a quick look, you're not the type of person who needs a quick look. You should probably just shut the fuck up and enjoy the game you're obviously buying and stop wasting your life worrying about one sites coverage of a video game.

Not talking to the OP.

Bollard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

@alexw00d: I already know I want the game, so I totally wanna see Drew fuck around with the game and cock everything up. I think that could be amusing, and would tide me over till release.

fattony12000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

I'll do it for ya guys.

Bollard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

@alexw00d: I already know I want the game, so I totally wanna see Drew fuck around with the game and cock everything up. I think that could be amusing, and would tide me over till release.

fattony12000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

I'll do it for ya guys.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.