Quiting game if they don't remove my dishonorable coward title

• 111 results
#1 Posted by jmrwacko (2444 posts) -

I'm serious. I don't like being insulted by games. That's why I don't play the Gears of War series, because I don't like some asshole announcer referring to me as a pussy whenever I lose a game. So the fact that I have a "dishonorable coward" title and people can choose to not play me in matchmaking simply because I conceded (note word: "conceded") a match when I only had one archer unit remaining is fucking stupid. Any news on whether they're removing the title?

#2 Posted by Lifestrike (477 posts) -
A dishonorable coward would quit the game, too.
#3 Posted by Hunkulese (2527 posts) -

Maybe you shouldn't have been a dishonorable coward.

#4 Posted by Afroman269 (7388 posts) -
@Lifestrike said:
" A dishonorable coward would quit the game, too. "
@Hunkulese said:
" Maybe you shouldn't have been a dishonorable coward. "
What these guys said. Also, you shouldn't be so sensitive. 
#5 Posted by MooseyMcMan (9758 posts) -

You just need to use more skill.

#6 Posted by Andorski (5109 posts) -

If only what the game said didn't mean anything.

#7 Posted by Underachiever007 (2468 posts) -
@Hunkulese said:
#8 Posted by Gabriel (4050 posts) -

Fall on your sword.

#9 Posted by Jeust (10340 posts) -

You should try speaking in the boards of the game about your experience. 

#10 Posted by Landon (4115 posts) -

You don't play games that call you names? Stop being so over dramatic.

#11 Posted by Subjugation (4693 posts) -

Commit seppuku.

#12 Posted by Sweep (8541 posts) -

Fake your own death?

#13 Posted by BraveToaster (12590 posts) -

I seriously hope you're joking.

#14 Posted by TheHT (10281 posts) -
@Lifestrike said:
Well, looks like you'd better accept it or start to send that last archer to his honorable death.
#15 Posted by FancySoapsMan (5750 posts) -

Stop being a pussy

#16 Posted by Spoonman671 (4374 posts) -

I don't know you personally, but this post sounds like something a dishonorable coward would say.

#17 Posted by mutha3 (4980 posts) -
@weeman105 said:
" Commit seppuku. "
Only anwser. 

The grand insult that come from the hand of videogames.....nothing in real life is able to match that shame.
#18 Posted by Brendan (7518 posts) -

You sound like you need some self confidence.

#19 Posted by zityz (2360 posts) -

Want to talk about games where your constantly shat on? Tiger woods. Those commentators are ruthless assholes. 

"Oh...well I guess that's an okay shot" 
"Ooo Even I could have done better" 
"Good par... and he could of had a birdie" 
"His wife is a whore, everyone on the field knows it, hell I banged one off myself" 
"should have used a better putter" 

Really? Really? like I don't get why a par is even a BAD thing in the first place...

#20 Posted by DeathByWaffle (619 posts) -

You are incredibly sensitive, and it is also likely that you are a dishonorable coward.

#21 Posted by Turambar (6484 posts) -
@jmrwacko:  Are people actually refusing to play you in games, and that's the reason you're raging, or do you just feel insulted by the title?  If its the former, then the game actually might have a community caused issue that Creative Assembly might need to address.  If its the latter, then stop being so absurdly sensitive and don't let the door hit you on the way out if you actually quit.
#22 Posted by HandsomeDead (11863 posts) -

People like OP are why people trash talk online.

#23 Posted by rosebud04 (360 posts) -

Maybe a picture of Christian Bale looking like Jesus would liven this thread up

#24 Posted by Burns098356GX (1366 posts) -

Quit being a coward, pussy.

#25 Edited by GoldenGlove (54 posts) -

In Trauma Center (Second Opinion for the Wii, haven't played the others so I can't speak to them), it was implied that your character killed himself if you failed an operation.

#26 Posted by KarlPilkington (2655 posts) -

Surely there is a way to redeem yourself in the game?

#27 Posted by thedj93 (1237 posts) -

Disembowel yourself.

#28 Posted by Soapy86 (2597 posts) -

What a dishonorable coward. Go home and be a family man.

#29 Posted by nukesniper (1311 posts) -
@zityz said:
" Want to talk about games where your constantly shat on? Tiger woods. Those commentators are ruthless assholes.  "His wife is a whore, everyone on the field knows it, hell I banged one off myself" "
My urge to play Tiger Woods is at an all time high. Sneaky though, I don't believe your lies.
#30 Posted by Oldirtybearon (4282 posts) -

Of all the things to complain about in Shogun 2, you're complaining about the name-calling? 

I agree that it's stupid, but honestly, you shouldn't have spent money on Shogun 2. The balance is god-awful and the lack of mod support is only another kick to the balls. Creative Assembly should commit seppuku and just hand Total War off to people who know what the game's appeal is.

#31 Edited by jmrwacko (2444 posts) -
@KingWilly said:

" Of all the things to complain about in Shogun 2, you're complaining about the name-calling?  I agree that it's stupid, but honestly, you shouldn't have spent money on Shogun 2. The balance is god-awful and the lack of mod support is only another kick to the balls. Creative Assembly should commit seppuku and just hand Total War off to people who know what the game's appeal is. "

Even more of a reason why they should get rid of my dishonorable coward title. If I were a coward, I would have given into my fears that this game would turn out to be another shitty incomplete suckfest like Empire and not have bought it.
#32 Posted by luce (4045 posts) -

#33 Posted by Oldirtybearon (4282 posts) -
@jmrwacko said:
" @KingWilly said:

" Of all the things to complain about in Shogun 2, you're complaining about the name-calling?  I agree that it's stupid, but honestly, you shouldn't have spent money on Shogun 2. The balance is god-awful and the lack of mod support is only another kick to the balls. Creative Assembly should commit seppuku and just hand Total War off to people who know what the game's appeal is. "

Even more of a reason why they should get rid of my dishonorable coward title. If I were a coward, I would have given into my fears that this game would turn out to be another shitty incomplete suckfest like Empire and not have bought it. "
I don't know if that's fear or, considering Shogun 2, clairvoyance. 
#34 Posted by Malakhii (1443 posts) -

Your archers might have been able to take their whole army. HAVE YOU EVER SEEN 300! THAT WAS REAL HISTORY! 

#35 Posted by StaticFalconar (4849 posts) -
@Lifestrike said:
Yep, there's answer, just quit like you quit that game, you pussy coward
#36 Posted by ThatFrood (3360 posts) -

I love you guys. Reading the responses to this thread makes me very happy.

#37 Posted by Azteck (7447 posts) -

You should have watched The Last Samurai, then you would have known what a true ninja does when all his men have fallen and he is alone on the battlefield.

#38 Posted by Mr_Skeleton (5117 posts) -

I heard that if you beg for forgiveness and commit Seppuku it will remove they will take the title away.

#39 Posted by ryoma122 (699 posts) -
@zityz said:
 "His wife is a whore, everyone on the field knows it, hell I banged one off myself" 
now thats just messed up especialy in a golf game
#40 Posted by XenoNick (1368 posts) -

WAHHHH PUSSY.
Surely if you play better the title will go away or change wont it? 
And if not, well just deal with it.

#41 Posted by Twisted_Scot (1169 posts) -

Should have gone Thelma & Louise till the end bud.  Charge that archer.

#42 Posted by Venatio (4485 posts) -

You sure do sound like a coward, not being able to handle insults from videogames so I'd say that it's pretty accurate 

Also, never play Wanted, it could make you cry

#43 Posted by SBYM (1219 posts) -

When I went to exit out of Doom, the game told me it would be waiting for me with a bat when I returned. I've contacted my lawyer in hopes of getting a restraining order placed on Carmack and Romero. He's fully confident the judge with comply and not instead hold me in contempt for wasting everyone's time.

#44 Posted by ScreamingFist (362 posts) -

Wow dude, grow a pair. =|

#45 Posted by McGhee (6091 posts) -

I can just see you playing Fable now. 

"Why are all these children laughing and calling me 'Chicken Chaser? What the fuck? Ima HERO. Damn game can't call me names!"

#46 Posted by neozeke (378 posts) -
@jmrwacko: Awwwww don't worry bud, the only reason it calls you a coward is because it can't call you the giant pussy it wants to : 3
#47 Posted by DeeGee (2096 posts) -

Maybe you'd be happier playing with a doll instead.

#48 Posted by bwmcmaste (830 posts) -
@Hunkulese said:
Concise and correct. 

I should also mention that there's more to Shogun 2 than the multiplayer: the single player is just fine. In any event, however, you must be mature enough to play the game without being offended and you're sensitivity in this regard might lead me to recommend a game like Bejeweled or Zuma instead.
#49 Posted by MiniPato (2657 posts) -

Oh please let me reintroduce you two...

#50 Posted by ICryCauseImEmo (522 posts) -
AUWWE MEN AW WUNNING FWOM THE BATTOLLFEELD!! A'! SHHHAAAEMFUL DISPRAAAAEY!!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.