Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Total War: Shogun 2

Game » consists of 3 releases. Released May 26, 2011

Total War: Shogun 2 is the sequel to Shogun: Total War, the first game in the Total War series. Shogun 2 is an epic strategy game, combining real-time 3D battles with turn based city and economic management.

Shogun Total War 2 Limited Edition, is it worth it?

HadesTimes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 8

#1  Edited By HadesTimes

Anyone have a copy of the Limited Edition? Is it worth getting the boxed copy rather than just downloading the Steam version?

Kyreo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 9

#2  Edited By Kyreo

Jeff said it well once.  It was along the lines of "It's not about whether or not it is worth it, but if extra content has enough value to you."  So it really is up to you to decide.

HadesTimes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 8

#3  Edited By HadesTimes

Well considering it's all in game stuff, I just wondered if any of it made any difference to the gameplay. But in the end your probably right, considering it doesn't seem like a lot of folks bought the limited edition.

keyhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By keyhunter
    @HadesTimes:  As far as I know the limited edition is the only one available on store shelves. So if you don't have the limited edition, you have a used limited edition. All you get is some multiplayer XP, some scenarios and some armor for your avatar.
    Edit: I didn't read the question very well apparently. It's not really worth it though, IMO, that is assuming it costs more. Actually, it is worth it, just to have the box.
    bwmcmaste

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By bwmcmaste

Personally, I don't find anything appealing about the Limited Edition: a ninja, some multiplayer armor and xp, and an extra "historical scenario." 

http://www.ebgames.com/pc/games/shogun-2-total-war-limited-edition/88091

Avatar image for theseductivemoose
    TheSeductiveMoose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#6  Edited By TheSeductiveMoose

You also get another clan to play as: The Hattori.

Gav47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#7  Edited By Gav47

You can find the limited edition for €20 cheaper than the steam version were I live and then just activate it on steam, best of both worlds.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.