Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Total War

Franchise »

The long-running Total War series combines grand turn-based strategy on the world map with tactical real-time strategy on the battlefield. Players rule nations and command armies in campaigns around the world and through centuries of history.

Looking for Similar Games

PureRok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By PureRok

Alright, I decided that since whoever filled out the similar games for the Total War games is certifiably crazy I will ask you guys what are similar games.

I'm looking for games that are like this, but more Risk-y. That is, without real-time battles. Preferably taking place before guns. So, more Medieval than Empires, and less Rome (I hate Rome, and I'm sick of anything Roman, the same with Greek mythology.).

So, if anyone knows any games that are basically... turn based kingdom type games, similar to Total War, then feel free to list them. I don't really care what system they're on, but post-DOS is preferred.

Johnny5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Johnny5

Just reminding you about Hearts of Iron 3 (its fresh out and maybe a bit buggier/performance chugging than HOI2) and Europa Universalis 3 (+ 2 expansions). Both made by Paradox , both extremely difficult but in depth. Hearts of iron is world war 2 era (roughly). Europa is the..15-16th century? something like that.

tekmojo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By tekmojo

Well I'll cross out Heroes of Might and Magic (Mythology) and Lords of the Realm 2 (real time battles although turn based gameplay). Sorry :P

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.