Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

TouchMaster

Game » consists of 1 releases. Released Jun 27, 2007

Ever wanted to play all of those TouchMaster games without having to hang out in a bar? No? Well, then this DS version might not be your thing.

Midway Coming to the iPhone

Ryan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

Edited By Ryan  Staff

I think this story pretty well sums up what's wrong with Midway these days. When I got the press release today announcing that Midway was bringing five games to the iPhone and iPod Touch by the end of the month, I got kind of excited. I immediately started jogging through the awesome classic Midway arcade games in my head that I would totally pay between 99 cents and $2.99 for, play once, and then never touch again. Turns out, the five games in question are from their TouchMaster series, which will be available for 99 cents apiece, or as a bundle for $3.99. I guess this makes sense, considering that these games already use touchscreen interfaces, and that the most successful iPhone games so far have been mad casual, but dammit, where's my Smash TV, my Marble Madness, or my Paperboy?

For the sake of people who spend a lot of time getting drunk in bars and playing lots of TouchMaster games instead of talking to people (I shouldn't judge, I just drink by myself in my house which is way worse,) here's the meat of the press release.

Spellwinder - This is a word search game with a twist. Only adjacent letters can be used to create a word. Make words in any direction without using the same letter twice.

Dice King - This dice swapping puzzle is super addicting! Swap two adjacent dice to form matching combinations of three or more dice. Attempt to form the listed combinations displayed on the top portion of the screen and watch your score rise.

Prismatix - Prismatix is an easy to play hexagonal matching game. The wheel shows a color sequence. Try to eliminate gems by matching the sequence in any direction. As gems are cleared (up to four at a time) the wheel will shuffle and rotate, based on the number of gems used. Creating four links will award big points and also add to your spin multiplier!

Combo 11 - With face cards removed from the deck makes sets of 11. As cards are eliminated, you can press the "Next" button to add available cards to the playfield. If no moves are left, you can use "Jumble" to mix up the cards

Carpet - A new take on the card game you know and love... Solitaire. The object of the game is to move all cards to the foundations where the aces have already been dealt. All cards from "the Carpet" must be moved to the foundations upwards by suit (i.e. 2 over A). Any "holes on the carpet," or gaps left behind by the cards that have been moved to the foundations, are filled by cards from the waste pile.
    Ryan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By Ryan  Staff

I think this story pretty well sums up what's wrong with Midway these days. When I got the press release today announcing that Midway was bringing five games to the iPhone and iPod Touch by the end of the month, I got kind of excited. I immediately started jogging through the awesome classic Midway arcade games in my head that I would totally pay between 99 cents and $2.99 for, play once, and then never touch again. Turns out, the five games in question are from their TouchMaster series, which will be available for 99 cents apiece, or as a bundle for $3.99. I guess this makes sense, considering that these games already use touchscreen interfaces, and that the most successful iPhone games so far have been mad casual, but dammit, where's my Smash TV, my Marble Madness, or my Paperboy?

For the sake of people who spend a lot of time getting drunk in bars and playing lots of TouchMaster games instead of talking to people (I shouldn't judge, I just drink by myself in my house which is way worse,) here's the meat of the press release.

Spellwinder - This is a word search game with a twist. Only adjacent letters can be used to create a word. Make words in any direction without using the same letter twice.

Dice King - This dice swapping puzzle is super addicting! Swap two adjacent dice to form matching combinations of three or more dice. Attempt to form the listed combinations displayed on the top portion of the screen and watch your score rise.

Prismatix - Prismatix is an easy to play hexagonal matching game. The wheel shows a color sequence. Try to eliminate gems by matching the sequence in any direction. As gems are cleared (up to four at a time) the wheel will shuffle and rotate, based on the number of gems used. Creating four links will award big points and also add to your spin multiplier!

Combo 11 - With face cards removed from the deck makes sets of 11. As cards are eliminated, you can press the "Next" button to add available cards to the playfield. If no moves are left, you can use "Jumble" to mix up the cards

Carpet - A new take on the card game you know and love... Solitaire. The object of the game is to move all cards to the foundations where the aces have already been dealt. All cards from "the Carpet" must be moved to the foundations upwards by suit (i.e. 2 over A). Any "holes on the carpet," or gaps left behind by the cards that have been moved to the foundations, are filled by cards from the waste pile.
    Captain_Fookup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By Captain_Fookup

pretty fucking lame.

Avatar image for themikelguereca
    TheMikelGuereca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By TheMikelGuereca

No Mortal Kombat?

Captain_Fookup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Captain_Fookup

Weaksause.

LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#5  Edited By LiquidPrince

Meh...

AndrewB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#6  Edited By AndrewB

We should probably start our own "save Midway fund" right about now. Someone set up a chipin account.

Kontrapunkt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#7  Edited By Kontrapunkt

Oh man... Weak effort, your trying to save a company in failing health like this?

TheGamerGeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 13

#8  Edited By TheGamerGeek

I haven't ever heard of a single one of those games...

sokkratez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By sokkratez

Here's hoping they sell.

RHCPfan24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 8

#10  Edited By RHCPfan24

Midway, why won't you learn? I want my MK or Smash TV. Hell, give me Rampage or Joust for all I care. You CAN bank on your past, you know.

HartKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By HartKnight

Please no MK. There's ports-o-plenty already. Another isn't needed.

Systech

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Systech

The thing is that this is good for us if we want top notch MK games. People eat this stuff up and Midway isn't in a good spot right now. These games could really help them stay afloat.

dsplayer1010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

User Lists: 6

#13  Edited By dsplayer1010

FAIL

Brackynews

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 48

#14  Edited By Brackynews

No no nO NO!!!  Midway should officially change their name to Halfway.  Snap!
    DICE and BOGGLE?!?  2009 and we get DICE and BOGGLE.
    I could have more fun with the mock spirit level app.

Player1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Player1

Well, I guess lets hope they sell. Still, a halfass effort. Sadly, these games will make way more money then smash TV ever would have.

TwoOneFive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By TwoOneFive

fuck it i'd buy it. i had a great time with Rolando so i can totally see the potential of the iphone now. and these games are tailored made for the iphone, they're not the best but i'm sure it will be fun to play around with when i'm ridding the subway. 

Avatar image for deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96
    deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

Man can you really blame them though? then need to make a shit load of money fast or there done for, a I really don`t want Midway to go, I already lost Free Radical : (

TobyD81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 29

#18  Edited By TobyD81

*yawn* Solitaire, Boggle, some dice...I'm not excited. Midway could revive some of their old stuff. A new Championship Sprint? Gauntlet with local WiFi multiplayer?

ferrarimanf355

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#19  Edited By ferrarimanf355

If Nintendo would let them, which is highly unlikely, maybe Midway could port Cruis'n USA to the iPhone. I'd hit it. And tilt it.

Deathawk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Deathawk

You know, while it's funny to talk about a Midway being out of touch and releasing a bunch of games no one cares about, but would you really want a Mortal Kombat on the iphone? I mean think about it.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96
    deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

Deathawk said:
    "You know, while it's funny to talk about a Midway being out of touch and releasing a bunch of games no one cares about, but would you really want a Mortal Kombat on the iphone? I mean think about it."
    I wouldn`t mind it, If I owned an iphone.
    Snail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#22  Edited By Snail

Yeah, just waht the iPhone needed. More puzzle games...

Avatar image for mordeaniischaos
    MordeaniisChaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#23  Edited By MordeaniisChaos

I....

Goddamnit.
    I hate Apple. Their the new nintendo of personal computers/devices. Seriously. ENOUGH. Let us have simulated boobs (and dicks tooooo!) and Mortal Kombat (M rated!) and shit on the damn iPhone and shit.

/sigh

Oh well, I don't have an iPhone, especially not when you have to pay for software updates and shit. No thanks.

And Midway, I've pretty much given up on them. I mean, a T rated Mortal Kombat?? Casual touch games? I really doubt flailing around for some economic well being is going to help them. Chainging your shit even more in a desperate plea for funds=fail. Going back to your roots when you were good=win.

Slumberpunch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Slumberpunch
    "(I shouldn't judge, I just drink by myself in my house which is way worse,)"

This made me laugh.  And a little beer almost  came out of my mouth.  As I read this in my house.  Alone.
    Media_Master

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Media_Master

no iphone on me

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.