Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

TowerFall

Game » consists of 4 releases. Released Jun 25, 2013

An archery-based platform fighting game inspired by Smash Bros. and Bushido Blade.

towerfall vs samurai gunn

pieforteeth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By pieforteeth

I'm sure I'll wind up getting both, but how does this compare to Samurai Gunn?

Gilby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By Gilby

It's the best multiplayer game in years! I enjoy it more than both Samurai Gunn and Nidhogg, and I loved both those games. Just an excellent multiplayer experience, I've spent dozens of hours on the Ouya version with my friends at school (game design school). If you've got friends to play with it's a guaranteed good time.

I was very annoyed when this site glossed over Towerfall vanilla for launch game of the year. The biggest problem with Towerfall is that not enough people are playing it!

pieforteeth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By pieforteeth

@gilby said:

It's the best multiplayer game in years! I enjoy it more than both Samurai Gunn and Nidhogg, and I loved both those games. Just an excellent multiplayer experience, I've spent dozens of hours on the Ouya version with my friends at school (game design school). If you've got friends to play with it's a guaranteed good time.

I was very annoyed when this site glossed over Towerfall vanilla for launch game of the year. The biggest problem with Towerfall is that not enough people are playing it!

Thanks, Gilby. I've got some friends coming over tomorrow, and we'll likely wind up playing some Towerfall.

Gilby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pieforteeth: I'm sure you'll have fun! Be sure to sit within punching distance.

Gilby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Gilby

Speaking of Towerfall, why haven't we gotten a 4-player quick look of it? Is it because then they'd have to admit to its wrongful dismissal as launch game of 2013? (but seriously, why no quick look?)

richyeah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Despite seemingly having a tonne of fun the GB crew seem intent on dismissing Towerfall. I love both games for different reasons and played samurai gunn first and was similarly dismissive of Towerfall when I first heard about it. But after playing through the campaign (yes there's a campaign!) I'm incredibly impressed. The mechanics are super tight and the gameplay is deep despite you only needing two buttons a trigger and a stick. Also the animation and sound track and effects are superb with nice little touches like your hood/crown coming off when an arrow flies past your head or your cloaks catching fire when you're near an explosion. It's a pretty good game which is disappointing to get dismissed next to samurai gunn which is just as fun, yet not nearly as polished as Towerfall.

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

@richyeah: Indeed, the GB crew was ready to dismiss it after 30 seconds. Towerfall seems a little more tactical which leaves room to enjoy both.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

I haven't played either but Towerfall definitely looks like it offers a lot more options when you get bored than Samurai Gunn which is a bit of a one-trick-pony.

L33T_HAXOR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 26

@gilby said:

Speaking of Towerfall, why haven't we gotten a 4-player quick look of it? Is it because then they'd have to admit to its wrongful dismissal as launch game of 2013? (but seriously, why no quick look?)

They just played it on UPF last week. I don't know what happened to that archive though, hope it comes back soon

flakmunkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#10  Edited By flakmunkey

@gilby said:

They just played it on UPF last week. I don't know what happened to that archive though, hope it comes back soon

You mean this archive? http://www.giantbomb.com/videos/unprofessional-fridays-03-21-2014/2300-8663/

GERALTITUDE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 2

#11  Edited By GERALTITUDE

Very excited to try Towerfall.

Samurai Gunn is among the best couch competitive games ever made, easily.

Avatar image for fear_the_booboo
    Fear_the_Booboo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#12  Edited By Fear_the_Booboo

May I be an asshole for a moment?

NIDHOGG !!!

... is personnaly my favorite of the couch co-op game. Between Towerfall and Samurai Gunn, I feel like Towerfall is more varied and has more interesting gametype than Samurai Gunn.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.