E05 - Endurance

#1 Posted by nakke (64 posts) -

So.. this is the last Stadium Solo black track. It's 60 laps (yes, sixty) around a ~1 minute track, so works out at about 1 hour (yes, one fucking hour for a trackmania race) total. The Nadeo time (1 hour 5 seconds) isn't impossible, since laptimes of 57 seconds are somewhat easy to sustain, but still, since everybody but Superman makes mistakes, it becomes an extremely intense catching up battle.

I just finished it for the first time. I was in the lead (vs. Nadeo time) for most of the time, had to catch up a few times (every time you make a moderate mistake you lose about 20-25 seconds, since the checkpoint placement is MEAN), but was still ahead 5 seconds or so when came lap 53. And I crashed. So I ended up losing 21 seconds to the nadeo time.

Anybody else finished it, or even tried to? Even though I lost to the Nadeo time in the end, it was probably one of the most intensive gaming hours I've played. I had played up to 40 laps or so without going crazy earlier, and will probably try to finish it under 1 hour in the coming days.

#2 Posted by Crembo (1 posts) -

Use official mode! Your name will be burned into history forever.
And then you can laugh as other people download your hour-long replay from the level selection menu. Oh, how you shall laugh...

#3 Posted by michaelenger (76 posts) -

Holy shit. I have barely even touched the official tracks and is nowhere close to getting to the black tracks. A whole fucking hour. That sounds epic!

#4 Posted by FearlessMagician (2 posts) -

I've never finished it, but well done! I've only ever managed about 45 laps before I crash and burn. It's such a nice track layout.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.