Quick Look: TrackMania United Forever

#51 Posted by BasketSnake (1205 posts) -

Your car needs only a dominoshooter attached to the roof.

#52 Posted by DG991 (1344 posts) -

I love this game, played it forever. But I am not gonna reinstall it.... If trackmania 2 comes out within the next year I might be ready to put a lot of time into doing some insane tracks! 

Oh and I am glad jeff completed one full curse... I was starting to get frustrated by the end watching.

#53 Posted by ervonymous (1297 posts) -

I used to play the free one years ago with a couple of friends, some of the tracks absolutely nuts.

#54 Posted by Airickson (120 posts) -

I hadn't seen any Trackmania since Sunrise.  

Wow.

#55 Posted by patrick (563 posts) -

This is the track you want

#56 Posted by Crushed (884 posts) -

Agent, u where sent out to an abandoned Facility in Antartica.

#57 Posted by zudthespud (3281 posts) -

Love this game so much, only ever played the free version though.

#58 Posted by formated4tv (24 posts) -

Cher music in the toilet looking track...

FOR

THE

WIN

#59 Posted by buckybit (1455 posts) -

I think it's great that Trackmania still exists and that it's basic package is free 'n all, but if I want to race for 1st place (on PC) I go for this game:

You might prefer other racing games (Forza, rFactor, GT...) - yet, when it comes to beating my own racing time, I like to play F1 2010. Reminds me of Crammond's Formula One Grand Prix. Watching Formula 1 Season 2011 on TV (preferably excellent BBC coverage) doesn't hurt neither. In fact, it helps me understand the real tracks and breaking points better etc. and motivates me to try harder. And for casual racing, there's always Dirt 2 and now Dirt 3 (for me). 

Again, Trackmania is nice - but if you have money and are willing to spend it, why spend it on a subpar, bad controlling, bad physics, bad graphics 10yr old game?
#60 Edited by Hudlommen (56 posts) -

@Rox360 i have to say the the technical part is to drift right. I know what you mean, i also love small 180 turns and all that jazz, but its nothing compared to a long well times drift started off a jump. 

@patrick Nice up, i love that kind of tracks too. But ppl should note that they are made for only pressing forward, no steering. Its only for showing off from a track maker. I have tried to make one of them, i got 3 jumps in and gave up, they are mad hard and time consuming to make!

#61 Posted by MOAB (375 posts) -
@Grissefar said:
Do you believe in life after love?
you son of a bitch
#62 Posted by Supercancer (183 posts) -
@UlquioKani said:
do you believe in life after love?
No, but I do believe in a thing called "love". Just listen to the rhythm of my heart!
#63 Posted by dungbootle (2457 posts) -

Would you download a car?

#64 Posted by Troncek (254 posts) -

Lol, french music.

#65 Posted by Warihay (481 posts) -

Had no idea what this was before watching but it looks awesome! Definitely raised my interest in Trackmania 2.

#66 Posted by Absolute_Zero (242 posts) -

At 0:34, does that say "suburbanallstars.com?" Jeff, you so crazy! 

#67 Edited by zaglis (910 posts) -

Jeff, PLEASE DO GMOD QL! For the lough out loudz!

#68 Posted by guypussy (29 posts) -

"Hey! I'm the first commentator on this Quick Look! Let me say the name of the other guy also commentating!"
"Is this a witty introduction? I'm the other guy, how are you doin', name of first guy who spoke?"
"Pretty good, second commentator! Here's some lame wordplay on the title of the game!"
"Sweet! And here's some lame wordplay of my own!"

And so on.

#69 Posted by elcalavera (344 posts) -
@guypussy: If that annoys you, why even come to GB?
#70 Posted by rmanthorp (3948 posts) -

/shout  TNT-MANIA

#71 Posted by Contra (247 posts) -

I do love this game for no clear reason.

i'll log in after months of not playing, spend 10 minutes shopping for a new car; then probably race only a few times.
But have a lot of fun doing it.

Then I'll make a quick track and uninstall it.

#72 Posted by EternalHaV0C (68 posts) -

Awesome game.

#73 Posted by Sarumarine (2238 posts) -

Heh heh, some of those tracks look like the Super Meat Boy of racing stunt puzzle whatever.

Trackmania is a weird game, but it looks awesome.

#74 Posted by drag (1223 posts) -

most appropriate use of the word -mania in a game's title 

#75 Posted by GetBentTheVideoGame (261 posts) -

awesome

#76 Posted by Vigorousjammer (2502 posts) -

@buckybit said:

Again, Trackmania is nice - but if you have money and are willing to spend it, why spend it on a subpar, bad controlling, bad physics, bad graphics 10yr old game?

Cause it's fucking insane, and I want to see the developers make more so the community can continue to create crazy shit with it.

#77 Posted by Devil240Z (3363 posts) -

@guypussy: then leave.

#78 Posted by kerikxi (541 posts) -

Oh god, I absolutely rofl'd along with Ryan at Cher. Fantastic.

#79 Posted by Zeemod (303 posts) -

RACING GAME!

#80 Edited by dr_mantas (1880 posts) -

Some fellow Lithuanian dude, with a silly name at 9:40. Makes me feel joy in my heart :)

Edit: And he came in 5th. nice.

#81 Posted by VincentVendetta (250 posts) -

#82 Posted by PillClinton (3291 posts) -

Fucking fantastic QL.

#83 Posted by JJOR64 (18990 posts) -

This game is great.  Will have to check out Trackmania 2 when it comes out.

#84 Posted by Osaladin (2519 posts) -

Jeff - "Just get in the damn hole"

#85 Posted by zombie2011 (4973 posts) -

Trackmania it's been a while since i've played one of these.

#86 Posted by DallyDoll (179 posts) -

This made me laugh so hard.
#87 Posted by countinhallways (632 posts) -

This game is pure fun.

#88 Posted by momspubis (19 posts) -

TrackMania is one of only two games I've ever paid $50 for and it was worth every penny. Arcade racing perfection.

#89 Posted by Soulblitz (349 posts) -

This game is so fucking good.

#90 Posted by Roomrunner (828 posts) -

That French pop song was awesome.

#91 Posted by Grayfox34 (63 posts) -

This was amazing.

#92 Posted by m0rdr3d (474 posts) -

Why are there badass games like this--that even have free versions--that I've never really heard of?  Why aren't games like these trumpeted from the rooftops?  My fellow gamers are asleep at the controls.
#93 Posted by Bass (692 posts) -

@Kovski: If you had watched you would realize that Jeff has been playing this game off and on for the past couple of years. He's not just now coming into contact with it.

#94 Posted by Hamst3r (4484 posts) -

I love Trackmania.

#95 Posted by wallacewells78 (3 posts) -

Do you believe in life after love?

#96 Posted by AjayRaz (12427 posts) -

probably won't watch it, but you gotta apperciate the love for Trackmania. it's one of my favorite racing game franchises. still occasionally go online to play some ridiculous ass tracks 

#97 Posted by Chadster (326 posts) -

I really don't think I'm strong enough.

#98 Posted by shinluis (428 posts) -

SONG. NEED. NEED!!!!

#99 Posted by Babylonian (837 posts) -

I've been a huuuuuge fan of Trackmania ever since I mistakenly downloaded the demo for the first game thinking it was one of Konami's Bemani rhythm games back in 2003 (which, yeah, 20/20 hindsight, but in a world where Beatmania, Drummania and Keyboardmania were all real things, it didn't seem that dumb at the time!)

I will always, always love this series.

#100 Posted by President_Barackbar (3462 posts) -

Do you believe in life after Trackmania?

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.