Is the GiantBomb server down?

#1 Posted by LiquidSword (73 posts) -

So I just tried to get on the GB Trackmania server and it said "Could not connect: Corrupted Login." Anyone know whats going on with the server?

#2 Posted by rentfn (1282 posts) -

I'm getting the same thing. Maybe they are adjusting songs and tracks...I already miss the dubstep.

#3 Posted by BionicMonster (1032 posts) -

So I just realized you can rename the non-steam games in your steam library. Trackmania 2: Canyon is now Hot Wheels: Dubstep Edition

#4 Posted by sagesebas (2004 posts) -

happened to me, Ive had the game for awhile and never did a single thing but race on the giantbomb server, I don't know what to do now

#5 Posted by GiveUpNed (218 posts) -

Is this the server Jeff runs?

#6 Posted by sagesebas (2004 posts) -

@GiveUpNed: yes

#7 Posted by rentfn (1282 posts) -

Looks like it's back up now. I asked Jeff aboot it on twitter and he didn't seem to know of a problem. Maybe there was a hiccup somewhere earlier.

#8 Posted by Wormy22 (78 posts) -

@LiquidSword said:

So I just tried to get on the GB Trackmania server and it said "Could not connect: Corrupted Login." Anyone know whats going on with the server?

I know this is a month old but I've been getting this message today. Is it working for anybody?

#9 Posted by BionicMonster (1032 posts) -

@Wormy22: same for me

#10 Posted by EdIsCool (1122 posts) -

Same, dammit! It's been an awesome thing Jeff provided. Hopefully it comes back,

#11 Posted by Korwin (2897 posts) -

Seems pretty busted to me as well.

you might want to give the server a kick in the pants if you've got a sec.

#12 Posted by derskusmacher (20 posts) -

Yeah, I still can't get on to the GB server. I can get on other ones just fine.

#13 Posted by Jeff (3627 posts) -

Let me know if it's working now, I just manually restarted it. But I can't check it from here because I don't have a Windows box handy.

Staff
#14 Posted by derskusmacher (20 posts) -

Just played a couple tracks. Looks like all systems normal. Thank you Jeff.

#15 Posted by BestUsernameEver (4825 posts) -

Is it down again? Keeps counting down to 0:00 then staying there maybe 2 minutes, then it loads the next track, with everyone frozen, bunch a people leave, then I get an error message.

#16 Edited by WilltheMagicAsian (1546 posts) -

The server isn't down right now, but there are only two maps on the map cycle. Can't tell if this is intentional or not.

#17 Posted by BestUsernameEver (4825 posts) -

@WilltheMagicAsian: That is strange, I joined maybe four hours ago and no one was on, and kept going back to the xtreme trackers map with the 2 loops.

#18 Posted by wrathofconn (1463 posts) -

@WilltheMagicAsian said:

The server isn't down right now, but there are only two maps on the map cycle. Can't tell if this is intentional or not.

I'm guessing it is not. I was just in there, thought I smelled a computer on fire somewhere.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.