Records-Eyepiece updated!

#1 Posted by Jeff (3400 posts) -

Looks like the new version of the Records-Eyepiece UI fixed the slow track changes we were experiencing a few weeks ago, so I ditched the Fufi UI and turned the good stuff back on. Woo!

Also this server is practically dead now. I mean, seriously. It's nuts.

Staff
#2 Edited by DonPixel (2585 posts) -

Battlefield 3 Shenanigans.. Red Orchestra 2 among others are almost death right now.

#3 Posted by Liber (648 posts) -

Yea a lot of games lost their population ever since BF3 came out.

Hey Jeff, come to our GB BF3 server and shoot some dudes in the face.

#4 Posted by IceOrb (182 posts) -

BF3 killed my RO2 server.

I expect TM2 servers to be a wasteland.

#5 Posted by EnchantedEcho (738 posts) -

@Jeff: I was on about two weeks ago and I thought I was running an old version of the game because I was the only one in the server. You should add some random european words into the server name or something. 'Gyant Bombe Officiel Classique'

#6 Edited by Mento (2413 posts) -

Clearly those people weren't getting enough dubstep.

As soon as someone figures out how to play Cher on an endless loop during Battlefield 3 matches, TrackMania is toast.

I have fulfilled the dubstep and Cher reference requirements for the thread, you may all continue to talk seriously about the lack of people on the server.

#7 Posted by Brenderous (1097 posts) -

This will not do.

#8 Posted by GorillaMoPena (1882 posts) -

I won a race. It might be because I was the only one on the server

#9 Posted by Insectecutor (1176 posts) -

Saw a giant bomb track on the Let's Rock server. Made me sad. Looks like all servers are suffering judging by the worldwide listings.

#10 Posted by Ravenlight (8040 posts) -

I stopped playing a few weeks ago because none of the plugins were working and the only track that played was the sweet* Limp Bizkit remix. If everything's up and running now, I'll be online tonight. I'd love to see this server become popular again.

*not sweet

#11 Posted by theodacourt (519 posts) -

As soon as my components get here, I'll be there. I think I'll probably split my time equally between this and battlefield. At least until Skyrim is out, then I'll be dead to the world until it's over.

#12 Posted by Winsord (1148 posts) -

Sadly it's not just your server that's taken a hit; everyone's has been losing people like mad. I was on last night though with like 15/16 other people though, so I get the feeling timing is very important.

#13 Posted by DonPixel (2585 posts) -

In the other hand I think this is rather just the "release effect" Lots of dudes on my friend list are no longer playing BF3 as compulsively as they did the first 3 or 4 days.

#14 Posted by Weltal (2272 posts) -

Too many other games to play.

#15 Posted by rmanthorp (3850 posts) -

I have deadlines! I used to be on everyday, I will return!

Moderator Online
#16 Posted by SharkMan (617 posts) -

i moved into my condo and so far there is no internet because apparently att doesn't know where their shit is.

#17 Edited by Uranium (31 posts) -

@Ravenlight said:

I stopped playing a few weeks ago because none of the plugins were working and the only track that played was the sweet* Limp Bizkit remix. If everything's up and running now, I'll be online tonight. I'd love to see this server become popular again.

*not sweet

I'm fairly sure this is the biggest reason why our server is almost dead now as opposed to just having less population like the other servers, people stopped going to it cause it didn't have a UI and was only playing that one song for several days.

(also it desperately needs some new tracks, and updating of the old ones. Maps like Haliwer's Dam still have a huge cut that was fixed all the way at the end of september)

#18 Posted by Soulblitz (349 posts) -

It's the end of year games rush, man! Gears 3, Dark Souls, Uncharted 3 and now Skyrim...

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.