So I watched the quicklook...

#1 Posted by Koshka (187 posts) -

and within about three days I needed to buy it. Thank you Giant Bomb for helping me find the finest of the crazy games out there. :]

#2 Posted by MelficeVKM (160 posts) -

If it wasn't for Giantbomb I'd know nothing about this game, thanks for the heads up.

#3 Edited by Swoxx (3002 posts) -

I haven't played trackmania since trackmania united forever which everyone used to play against each other on their laptops during class, pretty awesome. Might have to pick this up, if only it was available on steam

#4 Posted by Sayishere (1840 posts) -

This game is ridiculously fun. Im not really into racing games at all, but the bat shit crazy tracks plus the time trial which makes you want to redo and redo tracks over and over to beat your opposition.

Im having a blast

#5 Posted by Strife777 (1596 posts) -

I'll probably get it at some point, looks really fun. But I might wait until it's on Steam.

#6 Posted by Binman88 (3687 posts) -

@Strife777: You might be waiting a while. Have they made any announcement or indication that that's a possibility in the future?

#7 Posted by Strife777 (1596 posts) -

@Binman88: Well Trackmania United is on there, so I would be surprised if they didn't put it up eventually, but you're right, I might wait a while.

#8 Posted by Dalai (7034 posts) -

Trackmania is the one racing series (I guess it's a series now) that I regret missing out on because it combines arcade-style racing with building shit. I might try the free version that's on Steam for the hell of it.

#9 Posted by Barrabas (326 posts) -

Yeah the free version is the way to go if you just want to see what the game is about. It's pretty much what everyone plays online in the original Trackmania so you won't be missing out on much in that regard.

#10 Posted by Th3_James (2578 posts) -

It's sooo fucking good. I love it.

#11 Posted by Infininja (881 posts) -
#12 Posted by Strife777 (1596 posts) -

@Infininja said:

@Binman88 said:

@Strife777: You might be waiting a while. Have they made any announcement or indication that that's a possibility in the future?

Steam is unlikely because of what they're trying to do with ManiaPlanet.

Full disclosure: I've only skimmed the text of that link and I have no idea who the poster is.

I might just get it then. I kind of want to play it right now, but I think it would be better with a controller, and I need to get a wireless thingie for my 360 controller.

#13 Posted by Koshka (187 posts) -

@Swoxx said:

I haven't played trackmania since trackmania united forever which everyone used to play against each other on their laptops during class, pretty awesome. Might have to pick this up, if only it was available on steam

I played quite a bit of united forever, but I was always turned off by the handling models in all of the games which is why I'm really loving this game.

I'm loving the editor again. In all honesty I'm a tiny bit disappointed at the number of tiles though, it's a bit more limiting than I'd like. I can see a lot of ways that it could be expanded easily without cluttering up too much, but overall I've been having a lot of fun with the editor and online play.

#14 Posted by Ravenlight (8040 posts) -

@Koshka said:

and within about three days I needed to buy it. Thank you Giant Bomb for helping me find the finest of the crazy games out there. :]

Yeah, the QL totally sold me on TM:C too. I love it when the staff is totally into the game they're showing.

#15 Posted by Airickson (120 posts) -

@Strife777 said:

@Infininja said:

@Binman88 said:

Steam is unlikely because of what they're trying to do with ManiaPlanet.

Full disclosure: I've only skimmed the text of that link and I have no idea who the poster is.

I might just get it then. I kind of want to play it right now, but I think it would be better with a controller, and I need to get a wireless thingie for my 360 controller.

It works well with a controller, but it also plays nicely with a keyboard. There is full controller integration in the game -- you can map the buttons to do whatever you would like.

On this note: if you want to use a PS3 controller for this game, you can, but it's a major pain in the ass to get it set up. At least for me. I had to download a bunch of crazy 3rd party software that made it sorta work. I personally don't recommend going this route. Why Sony hasn't come out with a driver for this is a mystery to me.

#16 Posted by emem (1968 posts) -

@Airickson: It's no pain in the ass at all, just install the DS3 tool (if you haven't already) and select the xbox 360 wireless controller emulation. :) By doing this you can play every game out there with a PS3 controller that supports the 360 wireless controller, so basically it means that you don't have to bind buttons ever again. Well, except for emulators maybe. :)

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.