Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

TrackMania² Canyon

Game » consists of 3 releases. Released Sep 14, 2011

The long-awaited full sequel to TrackMania is here! Drive fast and drift long in this crazy, physics-based fun racing game. Features gameplay similar to that of previous games in the series. The player can race on various tracks, with the ability to do stunts in various modes.

types of multiplayer tracks that you love/hate

totriz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By totriz

After playing a lot on the GB server there are some tracks that I like a lot, and others that I just don't want to play anymore (and vote accordingly on the server). I wonder if it's just because I'm a noob at trackmania, or if most players feel the same way.

So far the things that I hate the most:

• Slow tracks that require over 40 seconds to finish
    • Tracks that require you to go full speed to make a jump, without a checkpoint near to train said jump.
    • Tracks that are hard to navigate, without direction signs or GPS. I don't mind a hard track, but trying to learn stupid hard tracks in 6 minutes gets boring quickly.

Things I like:

• No drift tracks, once you realize that you are not supposed to drift
    • Short tracks that have a skill obstacle in between (a fast drift section, a wall ride, narrow jump, etc)
    • Long tracks that are FAST

I tried making a track on the editor but got nowhere near a decent track, so maybe I shouldn't complain too much :P

Jimmi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Jimmi

I love high speed drifts, especially really wide one. Tracks under 50 seconds too, under 40 if possible.

panda21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By panda21

tracks that make you go full speed to hit a jump can be kind of annoying, but then restarting from a checkpoint is pretty much guaranteed to get you a really bad time anyway, so i generally always just restart from the beginning anyway.

what i dont like is tracks that have jumps that you need full speed for and are long and badly signposted, or that have cheap tricks that you have to learn by trial and error, so that you waste a lot of time just figuring out where you are meant to be going, and having to restart the track a lot. there are some that its really hard to finish in 6 minutes at all because you just have to learn one cheap trick after another.

stackboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#4  Edited By stackboy

I love any tracks with big jumps. Sweet drifts are cool too, bro.

heavyplay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#5  Edited By heavyplay

I hate it when people put those tiny chicanes (which require no steering at all) immediately followed by a hard corner. The road starts to wiggle and you can't tell which turn is the actual corner until you've crashed few times and memorized it. It's like the creator is trying to fake you out into taking the corner early. Not fun.

The thing I love are those corners where you can't be sure whether you need to take flat out or if you need to drift through it. Once you work out the perfect line it's sooo satisfying to fly through.

iamblades

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By iamblades

I hate tracks where you have to make jumps and land on a section of narrow track with guard rails or rocks and stuff on each side, and I hate tracks that have gaps in the track that aren't really jumps that you have to hit at just the right angle going full speed to clear, or you'll catch a wheel on the other side and completely mess up your run. That stuff is so annoying.

I also hate when there are pointless obstacles in the middle or right after a blind turn that are impossible to avoid unless you know they are coming. IMO if you can't complete a track most of the time on the first drive because there are obstacles you can't see or jumps with no margin for error, it's not fun. I like tracks that are about improving your times, not about finding the one path through where you don't crash.

sketch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By sketch

I'd like some tracks with some more crazy high speed loops.

I agree that most of the GB server tracks are not that drift friendly, once I realised that my times improved dramatically. Some really drift-heavy tracks would be cool.

mfpantst

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#8  Edited By mfpantst

So I rarely like a track that takes longer than about 1:10 to finish, but i also really don't like the 25-32 second tracks.  Too often the top 16 places occur within the same tenth of a second.  I like challenging tracks, even confusing ones, but at least where you can finish them once in the allotted 6 minutes.  I don't care about checkpoints because most tracks are about keeping up speed, so if I screw up on a jump I almost always restart.  That's ok with me.  However, one thing I really hate is when there is a skill portion of the map beyond the first 25% of the track.  I kinda like that if there is a hard part it's up front so you don't waste time getting to it.

Robo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Robo

I like tracks that are under a minute long and aren't difficult to finish but are challenging to master. Paths that make sense, clear direction signs, not too heavy on stuff that requires absolute precision to avoid failure (especially towards the end).

Basically tracks that allow you to spend that 6 minutes mastering your line and fighting it out for a top time. I hate frustrating maps where you spend that 6 minutes just trying to finish it one or two times. Some people love those...to each their own.

SharkMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By SharkMan

full speed tracks that have jumps you can barely do.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.