Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

TrackMania² Stadium

Game » consists of 3 releases. Released Jun 20, 2013

TrackMania 2 gets a proper Stadium setting with this expansion.

Randomly banned from Giant Bomb Official Classic. WHAT?!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Calitar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

So I just downloaded the beta and of course I went straight to the Giant Bomb Official Classic. I played for about 15 minutes (with only one other person in there with me) and I was starting to write a chat message about how bad I am at the game when out of the blue I get a message saying that I had been banned from the server. When I try to join now I get a message that I can't join because my IP has been banned.

Now to be clear, I had not said anything in the chat at that point, my username was not offensive (same one I use here and everywhere else), and I was using the default car/horn (and I wasn't honking at all). The only "behavior" that they could have had a problem with was that I am really bad at the game. Of the three tracks I played, I only finished one. Also I wasn't really paying attention to the chat so if there was a warning there I didn't see it.

Has this sort of thing happened to anyone else here and do I have any recourse to dispute that ban or at least find out why I was banned? Also do any of you have any other ideas for why I might have been banned? I've never been banned from anything before and to be banned so seemingly randomly is especially upsetting.

Aegon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Maybe someone was having a bad day and decided to be mean?

Karsh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Trackmania has an auto-ban system that triggers when your times don't sync up with the server's times. It's very unstable sometimes. It happens.

Unbanned.

Calitar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@karsh said:

Trackmania has an auto-ban system that triggers when your times don't sync up with the server's times. It's very unstable sometimes. It happens.

Unbanned.

Thank you very much.

MattyFTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#6  Edited By MattyFTM  Moderator

<p>There are automatic bans for stuff. I got banned from unofficial classic for "time inconsistencies" or something like that. My internet connection sucks, so presumably my times weren't being reported to the server correctly and it assumed I was cheating. I just contacted Karsh via the forum thread about the servers and he unbanned me.</p><p>So yeah, contact Karsh in the other thread and he'll sort it out. There is no need for an extra, melodramatic thread about this.</p>

Edit: seems I was a bit late with this. Oh well. Everything's sorted now anyways.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.