Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Transfarring

Concept »

Conceptualized by Hideo Kojima, Transfarring allows saves to be transferred from home console to portable and vice-versa to continue playing anywhere. This currently only works on Sony platforms.

Transfarring possibly able to fix the PSP's game library?

vigorousjammer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 41

#1  Edited By vigorousjammer

Not the PSP specifically, mind you, but I'm hopeful this will keep the same thing from happening on the NGP (or Vita or whatever)

Think about it, They said Zone of the Enders HD collection will be "Transfarring Compatible" on the PS3 version, but they didn't announce any handheld versions.

This makes me think they won't require a PS3 & an NGP copy, and will let you simply transfer (transfarr?) your save & a lower-rez version of the game to the NGP system.

In the long run, this makes me think that, since the void is already filled, developers will stop trying to sell these lower-rez versions of games on the handheld (like they did with the psp), and it'll let them work on more creative stuff. Of course, this is only if every game developer starts to use "Transfarring" which seems maybe a little unlikely.

Twisted_Scot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By Twisted_Scot

Didnt they say the PSP would be more compatible with the PS3 and then just slapped the PSP store on PSN and gave up on it? Im going to pass on new handheld for a while, companies just don't seem to support them as well as they should. I kind of like the WP7 idea with Xbox live but I doubt there will be may WP& games id care to play.

beforet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By beforet

The system has a lot of potential; on the other hand I still don't like the sound of what is essentially PS3 Portable. I want to play console games on my big HD screen, not on a hand held. We'll have to see how it works, though.

@Twisted_Scot said:

Didnt they say the PSP would be more compatible with the PS3 and then just slapped the PSP store on PSN and gave up on it? Im going to pass on new handheld for a while, companies just don't seem to support them as well as they should. I kind of like the WP7 idea with Xbox live but I doubt there will be may WP& games id care to play.

I hadn't heard that, but I guess that's what Remote Play was supposed to be. If Transfarring (I can't believe I'm seriously using that term) turns out to be that, consider me uninterested.

vigorousjammer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 41

#4  Edited By vigorousjammer

@Beforet: I'm saying, though, it's quite possible the "PS3 Portable" comparison could only be for the games you "Transfarr" to it.

Thus, eliminating the need for developers to sell watered down versions of their games on the handheld.

Thus, letting companies work on stuff other than those watered down titles... which would hopefully be games that are creative and tailored to the handheld experience.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.