Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Transformers: Fall of Cybertron

Game » consists of 8 releases. Released Aug 21, 2012

Transformers: Fall of Cybertron is the spiritual successor to 2010's "War for Cybertron", and depicts the climax of the war between the Autobots and the Decepticons, culminating in the destruction of the Transformer homeworld of Cybertron.

Here is some bullshit on-disk dlc.

forceman4077

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By forceman4077
    No Caption Provided

Here is the first "dlc" pack.

Avatar image for deactivated-5cc8838532af0
    deactivated-5cc8838532af0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

More like, In download DLC am I right?

I think the bigger issue is the price, damn that's a lot for 5 characters.

huntad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 13

#3  Edited By huntad

I'll say that it's not as huge of a deal as something like the Javik character in Mass Effect 3, because they are just multiplayer characters. It is a huge fucking bummer that this kind of stuff exists and they can't just be unlocked in some way just by playing the game.

Avatar image for alwaysbeclothing
    alwaysbeclothing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 4

#4  Edited By alwaysbeclothing

They're just trying to replicate the fever of buying the toys! GOTTA BUY 'EM ALL!

Giantstalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#5  Edited By Giantstalker

While unfortunate, I'm kinda surprised people haven't just come to terms with this stuff yet.

In a couple months you'll get it for 49 cents during a sale anyway. Of course, by then, nobody will be playing the game online, so there's that... man, what a lose/lose situation.

forceman4077

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By forceman4077

My main issue is that 2 of the characters are already in Escalation and Blast Off is in SP. There is no legit reason for this other then tying to screw people out of their money, after the just paid 60 for a game.

handlas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By handlas

Just don't buy it and hope no one else does. I've vowed to not buy Capcom games anymore... so far I've succeeded... probably cuz they haven't released anything good that I can think of since SF4. But I'll continue to not support their sh*tty DLC practices.

Instead award devs like, most recently, the Starhawk devs who released FREE DLC. Genuinely shocking... free DLC. That never happens on consoles anymore. Not that I expect that to be the norm but I also don't want the norm to be releasing a game and locking content that is finished on disc to be sold to you the second you put the disc in ur console.

And I was actually contemplating buying this game. I enjoyed the demo but I'm not a fan of Transformers really... just never watched it. This is a decent enough reason to pass on the game. I'm enjoying Darksiders 2 enough as it is.

ch3burashka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#8  Edited By ch3burashka

/thread

This is now a thread dedicated to the debate of disk-vs-disc. Discuss.

I vote c. It's classy.

forceman4077

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By forceman4077

@handlas said:

Just don't buy it and hope no one else does. I've vowed to not buy Capcom games anymore... so far I've succeeded... probably cuz they haven't released anything good that I can think of since SF4. But I'll continue to not support their sh*tty DLC practices.

Instead award devs like, most recently, the Starhawk devs who released FREE DLC. Genuinely shocking... free DLC. That never happens on consoles anymore. Not that I expect that to be the norm but I also don't want the norm to be releasing a game and locking content that is finished on disc to be sold to you the second you put the disc in ur console.

And I was actually contemplating buying this game. I enjoyed the demo but I'm not a fan of Transformers really... just never watched it. This is a decent enough reason to pass on the game. I'm enjoying Darksiders 2 enough as it is.

I won't buy, hell I don't even know if I'm going to buy the game now, but I've seen a lot of people on other websites have no problem with this bullshit.

david3cm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#10  Edited By david3cm

Really Capcom? You actually think people are going to play this game's multiplayer?

handlas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By handlas

@david3cm said:

Really Capcom? You actually think people are going to play this game's multiplayer?

You startled me for a second. Had to double check. Yes, it's not capcom. It's High Moon and Activision.

Barrock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Barrock

@david3cm said:

I think the last games multiplayer was actually pretty popular.

Anyway I wish instead of doing this they sold them like Skylanders but with Transformers figures and a code.

Gantrathor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Gantrathor

@david3cm said:

When did Transformers: Fall of Cybertron become a Capcom game? I was under the impression that it's a High Moon Studios/Activision game. Huh.

david3cm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By david3cm

@Gantrathor: Woops! All the capcom talk in this thread inceptioned the idea that this was a capcom game, my mistake. My opinion on the quality of the multiplayer stands though.

BraveToaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By BraveToaster

The only way this bullshit stops if people stop buying it, but I doubt that will ever happen. I mean, we live in a world where people spend real world money for extra in-game currency.

Gantrathor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Gantrathor

@david3cm: Yeah. I, too, doubt that it will be any good. It would have to be a mind blowing, face melting multiplayer experience to get people away from CS:GO, which comes out tomorrow (Not endorsing that game. I don't even like Counter-Strike.)

The_Nubster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#17  Edited By The_Nubster

@CH3BURASHKA said:

/thread

This is now a thread dedicated to the debate of disk-vs-disc. Discuss.

I vote c. It's classy.

Disk is a computer term, a round and flat data storage device that can be rotated to access the data. A disc is any other round and flat object, from a plate to a vinyl record. So vote 'c' all you want, you's wrong.

forceman4077

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By forceman4077

Anyone think that Jeff not even mentioning FoC for TNT is a bit tell of what he thinks of it?

Avatar image for deactivated-58b35aff00bcb
    deactivated-58b35aff00bcb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It looks like the DLC is only aesthetics. I'm fine with that.

buft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 4

#20  Edited By buft

@Forceman4077 said:

Anyone think that Jeff not even mentioning FoC for TNT is a bit tell of what he thinks of it?

no i think its because mann vs machine is an easier choice to make since the TF2 TNT has been popular in the past

ProfessorEss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#21  Edited By ProfessorEss
    @huntad said:

It is a huge fucking bummer that this kind of stuff exists and they can't just be unlocked in some way just by playing the game.

Y'know it's not the money that bothers me as much as the fact that games don't have that "unlock all the characters" meta-game that they used to have.
    Fastandslow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Fastandslow

I dont care i want ALL DLC FOR this game And the first pack lets you have wheeljack so im not complaining I know some people hate this but u dont want it just dont buy it problem solved its all cosmetic ill only get annoyed if that G1 pack gun is over powered?

Canteu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Canteu

@CH3BURASHKA: Disk is magnetic storage, Disc is optical.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e49e9175da37
    deactivated-5e49e9175da37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

As long as you people continue to act like junkies and buy it anyway, it's aha you'll get.

Instead of going disc-this or whatever, why don't you look at what's actually included in the 60 dollar package and what's included in the X dollar DLC packs and figure out what good value is. 60 dollars buys you the retail package, not everything the studio has made in the last 2 years. If the retail package isn't enough by itself, then don't buy it. If the retail package IS enough, then why are you upset? If they couldn't sell this stuff, they wouldn't make it. Just like the main game itself, it they couldn't sell it, they wouldn't make it.

Shortbreadtom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#25  Edited By Shortbreadtom

I hope the next gen consoles have something in place so that multiplayer games still work if the data is different on two different consoles. It might prevent on disc DLC, which is unfortunately still the best option to prevent another MK9 disaster.

By the way, I'm being generous. Multiplayer consistency is the only excuse for on disc DLC in my eyes, and it may not even be the case here.

Fastandslow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Fastandslow

Next up Metroplex dlc play as metroplex (That would be fair) 1600msp lol

Yodasdarkside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 5

#27  Edited By Yodasdarkside

It's like they're trying to dissuade me from downloading the game. Eleventh hour announcement that it's a day and date download? No option to preorder on the PSN, no benefit to downloading the game, full price and then to add insult to injury, $10 DLC for an as-yet-unproven multiplayer experience.

I really wanted to get this today, but I'm seriously thinking twice, with the MGS HD games both out, as well as R&C next week, and Leviathan for ME3 as well.

Solh0und

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Solh0und
    @Yodasdarkside said:

It's like they're trying to dissuade me from downloading the game. Eleventh hour announcement that it's a day and date download? No option to preorder on the PSN, no benefit to downloading the game, full price and then to add insult to injury, $10 DLC for an as-yet-unproven multiplayer experience.

I really wanted to get this today, but I'm seriously thinking twice, with the MGS HD games both out, as well as R&C next week, and Leviathan for ME3 as well.

I would just rent it if you're concerned.  

On Topic:  
    To be fair guys, other games like Sleeping Dogs and Even P4 Arena had day 1 DLC.  

REMEMBER: It's YOUR choice if you want to buy it. No one is forcing you
    mesoian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#29  Edited By mesoian

@david3cm said:

I lol'd. But you're half right. The multiplayer in this game isn't nearly as good as War for Cybetron's online multi, and even that had a boat load of problems that haven't been addressed. Expecting people to shell out for characters that they will use once or twice then shelve is rather silly.

mesoian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#30  Edited By mesoian

@Forceman4077 said:

Absolutely. Plus, the multiplayer isn't that good.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.