Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Transformers: Fall of Cybertron

Game » consists of 8 releases. Released Aug 21, 2012

Transformers: Fall of Cybertron is the spiritual successor to 2010's "War for Cybertron", and depicts the climax of the war between the Autobots and the Decepticons, culminating in the destruction of the Transformer homeworld of Cybertron.

This might just be a case of Jeff simply not liking it.

• 72 results
    Avatar image for taliciadragonsong
    TaliciaDragonsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 8

If memory serves the last Transformers (War for Cybertron) was also not that loved by the crew.

Yet I played it and I loved it, not to mention what a transformers fan would think of it!

LibraryDues

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#52  Edited By LibraryDues

What people need to understand is that whether or not someone is a good reviewer has nothing to do with how similar your rating of the game would be with theirs.

One of my favorite film critics is Michael Phillips, despite our very different tastes in movies, because his reviews are always well written and informative enough that reading them gives me a good sense of whether *I* would like the movie.

Vonocourt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#53  Edited By Vonocourt

My opinion of War for Cybertron matched pretty well with Jeff's, and playing through it again I can't go more than thirty minutes before taking an extended break. Which is why his review of Fall has made me decide to hold off on purchasing it for now.

Though I don't know how long, cuz I did wind up buying the Optimus Prime action figure.

Marcsman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#54  Edited By Marcsman

How could anybody dislike the Dinobots? Seriously?

fox01313

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 19

#55  Edited By fox01313

Seems average to above average on many sites so go play the game, then when done with it look at the reviews to see who made sense & who didn't with what they wrote. After hearing the bombcast, some of what Jeff said made sense about the frailty of some of the main characters you play against the generic mobs. Next time don't go looking at the review score but read the review as the scores are pretty much worthless to most people & the written/video review is what matters more. Personally can't wait to play it though agreed with many on the GB site about how stupid it is with bumblebee to go with the stupid film idea of removing his ability to speak, he spoke in all the original cartoons without a problem & the new cartoon series makes sense slightly as it's a small team on earth without the tech to fix things like that but on their own planet, they should be able to fix it.

iamjohn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#56  Edited By iamjohn

Guys I have a different opinion about something than someone else, isn't that crazy?

Julmust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#57  Edited By Julmust

3 is a good score.

Lukeweizer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#58  Edited By Lukeweizer

It'll be on sale in 2 months, like 90% of games these days.

DasUberOgre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By DasUberOgre
    No Caption Provided

I'm loving the game so far, personally. Although multiplayer is hella laggy.

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#60  Edited By jakob187

Jeff reviewed a game and gave it an average score...

...and someone says "it may just be a case of Jeff simply not liking it"?

Common sense is not common.

eclipsesis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By eclipsesis

what about when he doesn't like a different game?

Atary77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#62  Edited By Atary77

Whether I agree with any critic or not I like to take their arguments into consideration and understand why they would say certain things. I may like or dislike a game more or less than any given critic online but if they make their arguments compelling and reasonable I won't knock on them for it. I felt that Jeff's arguments were compelling and reasonable.

jillsandwich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#63  Edited By jillsandwich

I guess what I meant by it was that it's not a universally average game, it's a game that Jeff just simply didn't like as much as other people did.

Steel Battalion: Heavy Armor is a shitty game that no one liked. This, not so much. I was just saying that Jeff is an outlier. It is kind of his style to pick like...two really nit-picky things about a game and then give it an average score, but hey, that's his prerogative, not mine.

I guess keep my original intention in mind before posting eighty-million more "OH HE GAVE IT REVIEW BECAUSE NO LIKE NO SHIT" responses.

Avatar image for optimusprime223
    optimusprime223

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 4

#64  Edited By optimusprime223

Bar Wheet Granar Wheet Mini Bong.

altairre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By altairre

Jeff didn't hate the game, he gave it three stars and said that the last level is extremely awesome. I personally think that the shooting looks indeed generic as hell and I don't think that the game has improved enough in comparison to WfC (which I didn't finish because it was boring as fuck).

@Atary77 said:

Whether I agree with any critic or not I like to take their arguments into consideration and understand why they would say certain things. I may like or dislike a game more or less than any given critic online but if they make their arguments compelling and reasonable I won't knock on them for it. I felt that Jeff's arguments were compelling and reasonable.

Well said...or written anyway.

niamahai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#66  Edited By niamahai

@optimusprime223 said:

Bar Wheet Granar Wheet Mini Bong.

Sir, take your mini-bong and get the fuck out of this thread.

JEFF IS NEVER WRONG!

VIVA LA JEFFERY!

ThePaleKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By ThePaleKing

I like Jeff's objectiveness. It's a Transformers game, so what, it doesn't really matter if the underlying game isn't anything special. Besides there's absolutely nothing wrong with a three star rating.

FlarePhoenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By FlarePhoenix

So you're questioning someone's review of a game you haven't actually played yet? Why do we even have reviewers for shit anymore? Everyone seems to have made up their minds on everything long before it even comes out. Every review that disagrees with the popular opinion has someone going "well clearly they had a different opinion for some completely random reason, but absolutely not they just had a different opinion".

Also, putting aside the fact that three stars is not bad, the complaint in the title that Jeff scored it the way he did because he didn't like it is kind of weird. Unless you meant the fact he doesn't like Transformers in general. However, as Yatzee said in his War for Cybertron review (and I'm paraphrasing): "Some people might say I didn't like the game simply because I didn't like the Transformers cartoons, but this was the game's chance to make me interested in the series and it failed".

Now, can we please stop trying to justify every review that we disagree with, because the idea of someone having a different opinion is just too much to handle? Don't worry, you will survive if not everyone agrees with you.

graboids

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#69  Edited By graboids

was really exited for this game, picked it up tuesday, and after a few hours I am struggling to continue playing it, just bored by the gameplay. I was really hoping it would be an improvement on WfC, but I feel like its the same or maybe even less fun. Also it still bothers me that there is no cover system, not that every game needs it or that I thought this game would have it, I just wish it did.

I can see how someone could like this game, I just haven't found a way for me to like it so far, =/

Rafaelfc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#70  Edited By Rafaelfc

you know... Jeff could be totally right and you could still totally enjoy this game, these things aren't mutually exclusive.

I know I've enjoyed many MANY overall mediocre games...

Tennmuerti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#71  Edited By Tennmuerti

The game play is nothing to write home about.

However as a childhood fan of Transformers this game is fan service equivalent of felatio. The story beats, the transformers themselves, the voice work, the music, the set pieces, fucking AWESOME!

golguin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#72  Edited By golguin

I remember RDR being a big discussion in goty discussions because Jeff didn't like the setting despite the game being like gta4. I myself love that game but don't care about gta.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.