Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Transformers: War For Cybertron

Game » consists of 20 releases. Released Jun 22, 2010

A depiction of the beginning of the infamous war between the noble Autobots and the nefarious Decepticons, set on the Transformers' homeworld, Cybertron, long before they had even heard of humans or the planet Earth.

Lack of ammunition reduces the enjoyment of the game

Spectreman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Spectreman

I don´t know why the ammunition to be something so scarce in this game.  Perhaps this was a way to overcome some deficiency in combat.  But it is very annoying.     

And by the way 5gb install in PS3 and and still a looong loading (and checking...) when start the game.

Jeffsekai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By Jeffsekai

Are you playing in Co op?

Avatar image for the_laughing_man
    The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3  Edited By The_Laughing_Man
    @Spectreman said:
    " I don´t know why the ammunition to be something so scarce in this game.  Perhaps this was a way to overcome some deficiency in combat.  But it is very annoying.       And by the way 5gb install in PS3 and and still a looong loading (and checking...) when start the game. "
    I never have issues with ammo. The boxes are littered all over. Chances are you are just missing them. 
    Spectreman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Spectreman

It´s can be true. The ammo box don´t popup very much from the background.  But still a pack of ammunition should not have only 20 rounds.

Naughton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#5  Edited By Naughton
    @Spectreman: An ammo pack will only have 20 rounds if that is the maximum amount of ammo you can carry for a certain weapon, like a sniper rifle or shotgun. The assault rifle gets about 200 or so rounds. 
    Avatar image for marcusravenheart
    marcusravenheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By marcusravenheart

Yup, an ammo box fills your ammo to max... so depending on the ammo limit of the weapon, thats how much ammo you get.  By the way it also, maxes out all the weapons you have, which is way better than a lot of games that make you look for specific types of ammo. 

- marc

Spectreman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Spectreman

I know. I said 20 rounds how a example. Played only the first chapter in decepticon campaign and the megatron main weapon has the 20 rounds limit. I often transform because the vehicle mode function like a weapon with ammo left and  wish it had other reasons to use the transformation during the fighting.  In the multiplayer that's better because you transform to  to escape from an enemy or chase him.    

MooseyMcMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#8  Edited By MooseyMcMan

5GB install is nothing compared to the epic installs in MGS4. There's the one the first time you put the disc in, and then one before each of the five chapters. However, if the developers force the install, it probably is for a good reason. 

And the only games I've played where not having much ammo can be considered a "good" thing would be survivor horror games, where the point of the game is that you feel underpowered and are supposed to be "afraid". So I can see how it'd negatively affect a third person shooter like this. 

krackofdawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#9  Edited By krackofdawn

I also used Megatron for the first level of the Decepticon campaign and found the lack of ammo to be frustrating. That and the length of that first mission on hard difficulty put me in a mood where I put the game down last week and haven't been back to it since. Whoops.
    sjschmidt93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

User Lists: 20

#10  Edited By sjschmidt93

I never had any ammo troubles.

DigitalJuno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By DigitalJuno
    @Spectreman: I've heard this from a few different people. Perhaps it's different in co-op, but I'm playing the single player campaign on the hardest difficulty and I don't have a problem finding ammunition at all. Odd.
    XenoNick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#12  Edited By XenoNick

I haven't had to much trouble with the ammo in the game and i just started the autobots section. When i started playing though with Megatron its is quite a pain due to his cannon only having twelve shots so you have to find an assualt rifle to make up for it. Breakdown starts with one.

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By danhimself

I don't think I've had any ammo troubles at all....I'm surprised by how much I'm loving this game....I thought it was going to suck

Tennmuerti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#14  Edited By Tennmuerti

Not having this problem at all.
    Are you using the second weapon slot?

Hammerjelly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#15  Edited By Hammerjelly

I had trouble finding ammo at first, but I had just been missing the ammo boxes or not seeing the bullets hovering on the ground. Once you realize what to look for, ammo isn't as scarce as you once thought.

cikame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By cikame

Play Alan Wake, it'll teach you how to take looking for things to the extreme :)

Frostler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 7

#17  Edited By Frostler

I also found myself not every finding ammo but after a while I figured out they aren't always out in the open. Most of the ammo I find is in a different room than the battle or something like that.

Cold_Wolven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Cold_Wolven

I will agree that ammo scarcity can be a bummer, especially in the latter half of the game where your trying to defend ratchet from waves of Decepticons. The melee weapons do come in handy so to save on ammo I alternate between fire and melee depending on how many Decepticons there are in a room.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.