Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Transformers: War For Cybertron

Game » consists of 20 releases. Released Jun 22, 2010

A depiction of the beginning of the infamous war between the noble Autobots and the nefarious Decepticons, set on the Transformers' homeworld, Cybertron, long before they had even heard of humans or the planet Earth.

This game is broken. Returning to store.

• 60 results
    CouncilSpectre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By CouncilSpectre

Two levels in to the Autobot story the game refused to auto-save to my harddrive.  A message said that I had no more memory left despite having 60 gigs free.  Then, rather than lose my progress I went back to the last checkpoint.  After the cut seen at the end of the level the game kinda froze.  All I had was a first person view of the last level.  I could pan the camera around and see the autobots standing frozen but the game wouldn't advance.  This happened five times in a row after which I gave up.  This along with my pre-order redeemtion codes not working is the last straw.  Buyer beware! (Xbox 360 version).

JJWeatherman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 18

#2  Edited By JJWeatherman

I had a re-occurring freezing issue playing the demo--on my new slim xbox--, so I don't doubt your issues. Kinda lame.

clubsandwich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 9

#3  Edited By clubsandwich

That's what you get for buying movie based games.

CouncilSpectre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By CouncilSpectre
    @clubsandwich:
    Based on the comic / cartoon canon, not movies. (Yes I'm a nerd.)
    Avatar image for the_laughing_man
    The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By The_Laughing_Man
    @clubsandwich said:

" That's what you get for buying movie based games. "

From what I understand this one is a great game. And its not Movie based. Its pre movies. Before they even leave cybertron. Get your facts right. And has been named "Official canon" By Hasbro. Meaning this game is seen as part of Transformers history. 
    Avatar image for nikoalexander57
    NikoAlexander57

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By NikoAlexander57
    @CouncilSpectre said:
    " @clubsandwich: Based on the comic / cartoon canon, not movies. (Yes I'm a nerd.) "
    I believe a "pwned" is in order. Get your game lore down club!
    slyspider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By slyspider

i had the same issues... LAME

The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By The_Laughing_Man
    @slyspider said:
    " i had the same issues... LAME "
    Just 360? 
    Jayzilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#9  Edited By Jayzilla

There is a lot of loosely throwing around the word "canon" in here. I believe using the word canon for a cartoon/toy series is a little deep for me. If the game has the song, "You've Got the Touch, You've Got the Power" in it from the original cartoon movie in the 80's in it, THEN I officially OK it for everyone to use the word canon in this thread. If not, you all need to leave post haste.

The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By The_Laughing_Man
    @Jayzilla said:
    " There is a lot of loosely throwing around the word "canon" in here. I believe using the word canon for a cartoon/toy series is a little deep for me. If the game has the song, "You've Got the Touch, You've Got the Power" in it from the original cartoon movie in the 80's in it, THEN I officially OK it for everyone to use the word canon in this thread. If not, you all need to leave post haste. "
    Hasbro has given this game the "Yes" for it being Official Canon. Set before G1. 
    Avatar image for marcusravenheart
    marcusravenheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By marcusravenheart

I haven't suffered any glitches to be honest.  Course I admit my time spent with this game... even if I did find a glitch tomorrow I wouldn't return it. As far as redemption codes, did you go to the listed website and enter the code they gave you?  Registered an account, and then used the code from the website to unlock your character?  A lot of people try to just enter the code the retailer gives them... it will not work.  you must go to the website listed with the code and enter it there. (Site will require you to register with them.)  Before you start giving out the "Buyer Beware" warnings that we commonly see with all console games because one or two people rage quit after some odd glitch, try three options. 

1. Check your save location.  Should you have a repeating save error, you will probably have to delete your game data.  (This is commonly due to the system being shut off during a save point.  BTW warning to slim users, a update will be released for your systems bios, as there were some issues with power management.  Nothing dangerous but in some cases the systems went into a sleep mode during game play. (which could cause the data corruption problem is poorly timed.) ) 

2. Check the surface of the disk. Are there separations in the bands, scratches or any visible flaws.   (If so return to the store for a replacement.) 

3. If the top two things fail, ask a friend to borrow their copy, rent a copy of the game, or return to the store for a replacement. 

If these do not resolve your issue... then come on the forum and post a "Buyer Beware"  Flukes happen when millions of discs are manufactured and you may just be one of the 1 in a million people who got a bad disc.  Sadly the gaming community is filled with people who make over stated claims about the defects of products without trying to resolve issues.  It is unfortunate that you can not play this game... it is a great title.  Especially if you are a transformers fan.  I recommend trying the above methods, then if they do not work getting your disc replaced.  as a 360 user, who has completed the game... this error never occurred for me and appears to be a rare thing. 

- Marc

sodiumCyclops

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By sodiumCyclops

Any word on the PC version? Does it run ok?

Coombs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#13  Edited By Coombs
    @clubsandwich said:
    Toy story 3 is pretty sweet.......
    jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#14  Edited By jakob187

I'm gonna have to rent this and check it out, namely because I wanna get the story in there.  The fact that Hasbro has recognized this as canonical intrigues me, and then there's that whole part about showing Starscream when he was with the Autobots...defecting over to the Decepticons. 

I wasn't impressed with the multiplayer demo, though.  =  /

Animasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#16  Edited By Animasta
    @sodiumCyclops said:
    " Any word on the PC version? Does it run ok? "
    you can't change your controls and a hard lock at 30 fps, but other than that it runs fine according to my sources (people on other forums)
    sodiumCyclops

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By sodiumCyclops
    @Laketown: That sounds kinda dumb. A hard lock at 60FPS I can deal with, but 30FPS? That is like an insult to us PC gamers! :P
    the8bitNacho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

User Lists: 2

#18  Edited By the8bitNacho
    @clubsandwich said:
    Critical reception has been pretty astounding.  This seems like a left-field comment to me.  Guessing you don't even know anything about the game. 

I picked it up yesterday, but I haven't gotten around to playing it yet.  I hope I don't run into any technical problems like some of you guys have, because I hear it's pretty great.
    LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By LiquidPrince

My friend has the PS3 version, and it's seems rock solid from what I've heard. He hasn't had any issues, and is enjoying it quite a bit.

Animasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Animasta
    @sodiumCyclops said:
    " @Laketown: That sounds kinda dumb. A hard lock at 60FPS I can deal with, but 30FPS? That is like an insult to us PC gamers! :P "
    It doesn't matter to me really (I once had a geforce like 6100 a few years back and played most games at around 20 fps) but they're probably patch it at some point.
    CouncilSpectre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By CouncilSpectre
    @marcusravenheart:
    Work for Activision much?  If so just create the page http://www.transformersgame.eu like it says on my pre-order redemption card, or better still patch your damn game.  Or maybe keep your ill-informed opinions to yourself.  What I told you is fact, I got no reason to waste my time making this up.
    Necrothug

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Necrothug
    @jakob187 said:
    "I'm gonna have to rent this and check it out, namely because I wanna get the story in there.  The fact that Hasbro has recognized this as canonical intrigues me, and then there's that whole part about showing Starscream when he was with the Autobots...defecting over to the Decepticons.  I wasn't impressed with the multiplayer demo, though.  =  / "

I don't think he was an Autobot. It looked like he was part of something called the Sky Guard. The peons Starscream had in his base were completely different than the Autobot ones you run into later.
    ohvee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By ohvee
    @CouncilSpectre said:
    " @marcusravenheart:
    Work for Activision much?  If so just create the page http://www.transformersgame.eu like it says on my pre-order redemption card, or better still patch your damn game.  Or maybe keep your ill-informed opinions to yourself.  What I told you is fact, I got no reason to waste my time making this up. "
    Even if he works for Activision what difference does that make? His was an informative post and there's no reason to be a dick about it. 
    bhhawks78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By bhhawks78

My save file got fucked to, luckily it was just a rental but still pissed me off bad.

71Ranchero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#25  Edited By 71Ranchero
    @Necrothug said:
    " @jakob187 said:
    "I'm gonna have to rent this and check it out, namely because I wanna get the story in there.  The fact that Hasbro has recognized this as canonical intrigues me, and then there's that whole part about showing Starscream when he was with the Autobots...defecting over to the Decepticons.  I wasn't impressed with the multiplayer demo, though.  =  / "
    I don't think he was an Autobot. It looked like he was part of something called the Sky Guard. The peons Starscream had in his base were completely different than the Autobot ones you run into later. "
    I dont remember exactly because its been so long but i want to say that they all jets were part of the decepticons from the get go. I think when the wars started the Autobots(keepers of Cyberton, workers and healers) and the Decetpticons(Military forces of Cybertron) started swaping sides, thus the Tanks and Jets in the ranks of the Cars and Trucks and vise versa. In the cartoon Jetfire was a Decepticon built for war but he wasnt evil, thus he defected.
    Rhaknar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#26  Edited By Rhaknar

might just be that copy, I had a similar problem with my Dark Void, everytime I finish chapter 3, the game will just stay in a cut scene style state where all i see are mountains and it won't advance. I never really heard anyone else with that problem, so you could just try to get another copy

The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By The_Laughing_Man
    @Atramentous said:
    " @Necrothug said:
    " @jakob187 said:
    I don't think he was an Autobot. It looked like he was part of something called the Sky Guard. The peons Starscream had in his base were completely different than the Autobot ones you run into later. "
    I dont remember exactly because its been so long but i want to say that they all jets were part of the decepticons from the get go. I think when the wars started the Autobots(keepers of Cyberton, workers and healers) and the Decetpticons(Military forces of Cybertron) started swaping sides, thus the Tanks and Jets in the ranks of the Cars and Trucks and vise versa. In the cartoon Jetfire was a Decepticon built for war but he wasnt evil, thus he defected. "
    During the golden age of Cybertron he was a explore/scientist. And worked with Skyfire. But when the war broke out he went to the other side. 
    DDhanez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By DDhanez

Weird. My disc works perfectly without any problems, and I played it on my Xbox 360. 

sixpin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#29  Edited By sixpin
    @Jayzilla said:

" There is a lot of loosely throwing around the word "canon" in here. I believe using the word canon for a cartoon/toy series is a little deep for me. If the game has the song, "You've Got the Touch, You've Got the Power" in it from the original cartoon movie in the 80's in it, THEN I officially OK it for everyone to use the word canon in this thread. If not, you all need to leave post haste. "

Hasbro has called it part of the canon and worked with the developers on the story details of the project. Also, the game doesn't have "The Touch," but it does have a new song from Stan Bush that plays during the credits.
    citizenkane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 106

#30  Edited By citizenkane

A licensed game is broken?

I never thought I'd see the day...

Avatar image for fakeplastictree
    FakePlasticTree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By FakePlasticTree

Very strange. I've played through the entire Decepticon campaign and I am on the third level of the Autobot campaign and I haven't had any problems with freezing or saving. I'm playing it on PS3, but so far it's ran just fine (aside from the 20+ minute initial day one patch/crazy loading/longest install ever).

ProfessorEss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#32  Edited By ProfessorEss

I haven't had any issues with the 360 version(installed), but I'm just going to be starting the Autobot campaign tonight.

71Ranchero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By 71Ranchero
    @The_Laughing_Man said:
    " @Atramentous said:
    " @Necrothug said:
    " @jakob187 said:
    I dont remember exactly because its been so long but i want to say that they all jets were part of the decepticons from the get go. I think when the wars started the Autobots(keepers of Cyberton, workers and healers) and the Decetpticons(Military forces of Cybertron) started swaping sides, thus the Tanks and Jets in the ranks of the Cars and Trucks and vise versa. In the cartoon Jetfire was a Decepticon built for war but he wasnt evil, thus he defected. "
    During the golden age of Cybertron he was a explore/scientist. And worked with Skyfire. But when the war broke out he went to the other side.  "
    Right but I remember specifically that he had a Decepticon logo when they thawed him out of the ice block. 
    The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By The_Laughing_Man
    @Atramentous said:
    " @The_Laughing_Man said:
    " @Atramentous said:
    " @Necrothug said:
    " @jakob187 said:
    During the golden age of Cybertron he was a explore/scientist. And worked with Skyfire. But when the war broke out he went to the other side.  "
    Right but I remember specifically that he had a Decepticon logo when they thawed him out of the ice block.  "
    Skyfire was found in the ice. That was after Starscream joined the Decepticons. 
    OneManX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By OneManX
    @CitizenKane said:
    " A licensed game is broken?  I never thought I'd see the day... "
    Yeah... but this game is actually good... like VERY good.
    citizenkane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By citizenkane
    @OneManX said:
    " @CitizenKane said:
    Yeah... but this game is actually good... like VERY good. "
    A licensed game that is good?

I really didn't see this day coming.
    Rhaknar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#37  Edited By Rhaknar
    @CitizenKane said:
    " @OneManX said:
    " @CitizenKane said:
    A licensed game that is good?  I really didn't see this day coming. "
    Arkham Asylum says hi
    citizenkane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By citizenkane
    @Rhaknar said:
    " @CitizenKane said:
    " @OneManX said:
    " @CitizenKane said:
    A licensed game that is good?  I really didn't see this day coming. "
    Arkham Asylum says hi "
    I was clearly joking.  I have even made a list of good licensed games over the years.
    Necrothug

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Necrothug
    @Atramentous said:
    Right but I remember specifically that he had a Decepticon logo when they thawed him out of the ice block.  "

@The_Laughing_Man said:

@Atramentous said:

I was speaking specifically to the events in the game, but if we want to get all geeky up in here... 
    Jetfire/Skyfire's origin depends on wether you follow the comics or the TV show. 

On the TV show, SKYfire was found frozen in the ice by the Decepticons. He bore no symbol at all because he crashlanded on Earth well before the great war started. Starscream and Skyfire were explorers at the time. Megatron took advantage of Skyfire's lack of mem ories to talk him into joining the 'Cons, but he quickly changed sides when he realized exactly what the Decepticons were. 

In the comics, JETfire was a mindless creation of Shockwave. He was ordered to find Buster Witwicky. When Jetfire found him, Buster, who had been given the powers of the Creation Matrix by Optimus Prime, disassembled Jetfire and rebuilt him as an Autobot.

Moridin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#40  Edited By Moridin

I had the "cannot save, blah blah" thing pop up on me - but it still saved. No idea what went on there.  

I also had one freeze during my entire run through the Decepticon and Autobot campaigns, but I think I caused it. I was racing around as Bumblebee and I'm pretty sure I got somewhere I wasn't supposed to be and broke the scripting of the level. Other than that, no problems.

CouncilSpectre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By CouncilSpectre

I'd like to take this moment to thank Mr Activision for finally putting up the pre-order code redemtion site for their valued Australian and European customers (four days after I picked up my pre-order, and 24 hours after I returned it for being busted.)  Good job Activision!

Avatar image for marcusravenheart
    marcusravenheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By marcusravenheart
    @CouncilSpectre:  
    Sucks to be you.  The site was actually put up three weeks ago.  It was just down due to the servers being hit hard. ( Activision had the mart idea of using a Canadian Host for a European Website. I looked into it for you ... since you said...

@CouncilSpectre said: 

@marcusravenheart: 
    Work for Activision much?  If so just create the page http://www.transformersgame.eu like it says on my pre-order redemption card, or better still patch your damn game.  Or maybe keep your ill-informed opinions to yourself.  What I told you is fact, I got no reason to waste my time making this up. "

You really are missing out on a great game.  I hope you at least tried the steps I listed, but by your posts I some how doubt you did.  You may want to learn to not "rage quit" on things so easily. 

On the bright side if you still have the code, you can sell it on e-bay and make a decent buck off of it. 

- Marc 

Also on a side note... No i do not work for Activision.  Had my time with EA though.
    CouncilSpectre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By CouncilSpectre
    @marcusravenheart:
    Man, you need to get a life.  "Looking into" issues for complete strangers about problems that you say don't even exist and giving that advice without being asked for it?  Congratulations I think you might had discovered a new mental disorder.., in you.., just now.  Hopefully they'll name it after you. 

PS: Working for, or working with.  Don't split hairs.
    mazik765

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#44  Edited By mazik765

I picked up the 360 version and have had no such issue.

Avatar image for randominternetuser
    RandomInternetUser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Rhaknar: I had this problem with Darksiders too, but I fixed it by installing the game.
    DrPockets000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By DrPockets000

That's ok, it's not an amazing game anyway. 

Avatar image for deactivated-6022efe9ba3cf
    deactivated-6022efe9ba3cf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@clubsandwich said:
    shadows_kill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By shadows_kill
    @LiquidPrince said:
    " My friend has the PS3 version, and it's seems rock solid from what I've heard. He hasn't had any issues, and is enjoying it quite a bit. "
    knowing you im surprised you dont have it... heck i'd expect you to reserve it :P
    renmckormack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By renmckormack

Yea I had a weird save issue as well on the 360 (also there have been some wacky co cop stuff with people flying through the roof or getting locked out of areas)

It was hard to notice though because I was jumping up and down with joy playing as megatron and listening to Soundwave give me reports. 

TG47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By TG47
    @CouncilSpectre: I saw the same message about not having hard drive space and supposedly unable to save progress.  It appeared once.  I just kept playing as usual.  Achievements unlocked and the game progressed normally.  Dunno what that was but it had no impact I am unaware of.  Cool game.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.