Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Transformers: War For Cybertron

Game » consists of 20 releases. Released Jun 22, 2010

A depiction of the beginning of the infamous war between the noble Autobots and the nefarious Decepticons, set on the Transformers' homeworld, Cybertron, long before they had even heard of humans or the planet Earth.

Transformers: War for Cybertron Part 2

RiiMitsukai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

Edited By RiiMitsukai

Right, I've finally completed the campaign and I can honestly say...... It kicks ASS. 

The gameplay is great, the story is excellent (and been approved by Hasbro to be part of the official canon), the boss fights are alot of fun (if somewhat tedious at times), the soundtrack is awesome, the sound effects are just as good and its the first game that has made me want to sit and watch the credits. 

Multiplayer: 3 player co-op is great in campaign mode and can help alot with the harder parts of the levels (although i dont understand why they didnt just make it 4 player), Escalation mode is fun to play, especially with 4 friends although there couldve been a bit more variation in the maps, Online is great with a decent choice in game modes, maps, character customisation, leveling up, challenge system and (although i haven't tried it yet) prime mode. 

Final verdict: 8-8.5/10

RiiMitsukai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By RiiMitsukai

Right, I've finally completed the campaign and I can honestly say...... It kicks ASS. 

The gameplay is great, the story is excellent (and been approved by Hasbro to be part of the official canon), the boss fights are alot of fun (if somewhat tedious at times), the soundtrack is awesome, the sound effects are just as good and its the first game that has made me want to sit and watch the credits. 

Multiplayer: 3 player co-op is great in campaign mode and can help alot with the harder parts of the levels (although i dont understand why they didnt just make it 4 player), Escalation mode is fun to play, especially with 4 friends although there couldve been a bit more variation in the maps, Online is great with a decent choice in game modes, maps, character customisation, leveling up, challenge system and (although i haven't tried it yet) prime mode. 

Final verdict: 8-8.5/10

Naughton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By Naughton

Is Prime Mode just what they call "prestige" in WFC?

RiiMitsukai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By RiiMitsukai
    @Naughton said:
    " Is Prime Mode just what they call "prestige" in WFC? "
    I do believe it is but I'm not really a fan of the CoD series so i don't fully understand the concept of it, hopefully after unlocking it in transformers i'll probably understand more 
    DigitalJuno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By DigitalJuno
    @Naughton said:
    " Is Prime Mode just what they call "prestige" in WFC? "
    Yes. If participate in Prime mode it wipes everything out like Prestige and you get an animated icon next to your name in the matchmaking lobbies to show that you've done it.
    danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By danhimself

I know that Hasbro says that it's canon but this game is going against a lot of canon stuff from the G1 animated series

august

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By august
    @danhimself said:
    " I know that Hasbro says that it's canon but this game is going against a lot of canon stuff from the G1 animated series "
    It's cannon for a new cg series on cartoon network coming out pretty soon.
    danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By danhimself
    @august said:
    " @danhimself said:
    " I know that Hasbro says that it's canon but this game is going against a lot of canon stuff from the G1 animated series "
    It's cannon for a new cg series on cartoon network coming out pretty soon. "
    if you're talking about Transformers: Prime then that's going to be on new Discovery channel called Discovery Kids and from what I've heard there has been no mention of Transformer: Prime and War for Cybertron being the same universe....everything says that War for Cybertron is in the G1 Universe
    august

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By august
    @danhimself: I was wrong about the network but  

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/War_for_Cybertron     

"Transformers: War for Cybertron
     is a third person shooter that takes place prior to the Transformers: Prime animated series, when the Transformers still lived on the fictional machine planet Cybertron "   

It takes place in a version of the G1 universe. Just like how the original cartoon, original comics, original British comics, all the reboot comics over the last decade and the live action films all take place in separate but similar continuities. 
    RiiMitsukai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By RiiMitsukai
    @august said:
    " @danhimself: I was wrong about the network but  

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/War_for_Cybertron     

"Transformers: War for Cybertron
     is a third person shooter that takes place prior to the Transformers: Prime animated series, when the Transformers still lived on the fictional machine planet Cybertron "   

It takes place in a version of the G1 universe. Just like how the original cartoon, original comics, original British comics, all the reboot comics over the last decade and the live action films all take place in separate but similar continuities.  "

Don't always believe what you read on wiki, anyway back to the subject, if it does spawn a new cartoon series, as long as it feels like the g1 series and not like the stupid micheal bay films, i'll be happy because i've been wanting a new reboot of the franchise, i know transformers: animated is pretty recent but i could never get into it because the art style didn't appeal to me, i may give it another try though. if any of you have seen it, whats your opinions and is it worth sitting down to watch? 
    danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By danhimself
    @august:  that's news to me...thanks for the info

@RiiMitsukai:   despite it being geared towards kids the show was pretty enjoyable with lots of little easter eggs to
    august

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By august
    @RiiMitsukai: Transformers: Prime is in production. There's no "if" involved.
    danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By danhimself
    @august:  after looking around a bit...and reading the convention transcript from the link you posted...I don't believe that the game and the new show are the same universe....the designs for Bumblebee look completely different and the transcript kind of indicates that the show may be it's own universe.....
     Bumblebee from the upcoming show
     Bumblebee from War for Cybertron
    august

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By august
    @danhimself: I could be wrong, but I think I remember the story being that Hasbro decided to make the game in the same continuity pretty recently, when they realized the game was actually going to be pretty awesome. And the devs were pretty jazzed about it.
    RiiMitsukai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By RiiMitsukai
    @danhimself said:
    " @august:  that's news to me...thanks for the info

@RiiMitsukai:   despite it being geared towards kids the show was pretty enjoyable with lots of little easter eggs to "
    Thanks I might give it another go, hell I may even like it 

@august said:
    " @RiiMitsukai: Transformers: Prime is in production. There's no "if" involved. "

well if thats the case I hope it'll be great. 

@danhimself said:
    " @august:  after looking around a bit...and reading the convention transcript from the link you posted...I don't believe that the game and the new show are the same universe....the designs for Bumblebee look completely different and the transcript kind of indicates that the show may be it's own universe.....
    "

By the looks of it, Bumblebee in transformers prime looks more like the live action version, which if it is the film one, then war for cybertron wont have anything to do with prime because war for cybertron has no connection to the films.
    mazik765

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#15  Edited By mazik765

I agree completely. All these problems and nitpicks I read in Jeff's review and the review on Gamespot were things that I never experienced or didn't notice. I thought this was a great game, easily an 8/10 (or 4/5 stars for us GiantBomb users).

RiiMitsukai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By RiiMitsukai

hey guys just a quick note, i don't want to sound all pompous and what not but thanks for taking the time to read my blog post, i appreciate it.

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By danhimself
    @august:  I think you may be right there....my older brother is a pretty big Transformers fan and he's been pointing out all of the continuity problems as he comes across them....like Trypticon being in the game when he was built on Earth after the animated movie, I think it was either the 3rd or 4th season

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.