Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Transformers

Franchise »

Transformers is a multimedia franchise that began as a popular line of action figures that could transform from humanoid robots into a variety of vehicles. This hugely popular concept expanded over the years to include comics, a cartoon, video games and multiple live action movies.

Transformers 2 Impressions

Artie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 17

Edited By Artie

I caught an employee viewing at my job at AMC.

Verdict: It's just as good (or bad) as the first one. Here's a few bullet points:

• Australian chick is gone, which I guess is a good thing since she was kind of annoying
    • There's another "chick" character and her relevance was very bizarre and never explained, I'll let you guys figure that one out
    • Despite the cast being cut in half, every character still gets about five minutes of screen time, including Shia Labeuof
    • The plotline was way more contrived and ridiculous than the first
    • Time seems to fly by. Megatron makes it from the deep sea to another planet in outer space within five seconds
    • Robot fights are better, more robots die, more awesome deaths
    • Forest fight is the best part of the movie
    • And the movie is way too long
    Artie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 17

#1  Edited By Artie

I caught an employee viewing at my job at AMC.

Verdict: It's just as good (or bad) as the first one. Here's a few bullet points:

• Australian chick is gone, which I guess is a good thing since she was kind of annoying
    • There's another "chick" character and her relevance was very bizarre and never explained, I'll let you guys figure that one out
    • Despite the cast being cut in half, every character still gets about five minutes of screen time, including Shia Labeuof
    • The plotline was way more contrived and ridiculous than the first
    • Time seems to fly by. Megatron makes it from the deep sea to another planet in outer space within five seconds
    • Robot fights are better, more robots die, more awesome deaths
    • Forest fight is the best part of the movie
    • And the movie is way too long
    JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By JJOR64
    Snipzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By Snipzor

Plot? There's no plot, there's just robots smashing into other robots and Michael Bay "Whooosh".

Claude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

#4  Edited By Claude

I'll watch it on DVD or maybe just wait for my on demand service to get it. I'm in no hurry.

Avatar image for gingertastic_10
    gingertastic_10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

User Lists: 16

#5  Edited By gingertastic_10

im just looking to be entertained. screw plot, screw cliche characters. im paying money to be entertained for 2hrs. it will deliver on that im sure.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f9398c1300c7
    deactivated-5f9398c1300c7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I wanted Transformers2 to be like Transformers1 with a better story, more in-depth human characters, and less humor. But I guess you can't expect anything "good" from Michael Bay--a director with the IQ of an elementary student.

teh_destroyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#7  Edited By teh_destroyer
    @Tru3_Blu3 said:
    " I wanted Transformers2 to be like Transformers1 with a better story, more in-depth human characters, and less humor. But I guess you can't expect anything "good" from Michael Bay--a director with the IQ of an elementary student. "
    Transformers without Michael Bay's name on it has never had any of those.Bashing Bay without a reason to or just to do it for the hell of it is really fucking annoying.
    ninjakiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#8  Edited By ninjakiller

I read it was shit, and that the "black" transformers were just like totally insane stereotypes.   Also, robot balls.   I'll catch it in budget theater. 

ChopperDave47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By ChopperDave47
    @Artie:

god... what a freaking terrible movie. i saw the midnight premiere just to spite some people i know and it was just awful
    Avatar image for deactivated-61665c8292280
    deactivated-61665c8292280

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Just got back from it. Pretty awful, and this from an apologist of the first film.

Far too long, and much of the humor doesn't go over well. Seriously, there is a five minute gag about Shia's mother being high on marijuana brownies. Almost completely unnecessary.

"Plot" doesn't get rolling until about an hour in, and even then things move really slowly. It's a two hour film, but it feels like a three hour film.

Also, plot devices are just plain contrived and there are logical problems all over the fucking place. What a piece of shit.

Avatar image for agnogenic_delete
    Agnogenic_delete

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Agnogenic_delete

I was entertained mostly through out the movie. Definitely not great but it filled my Transformers hunger for the time being. Oh, I know I'm shallow... but Megan Fox and that other girl are freaking hot. I wouldn't mind the long tongue either...

teh_destroyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By teh_destroyer

As far as I am concerned about trilogies. The first one is usually a strong start, the second film being weaker with the third installation being an awesome finish. Pirates of  the Carribean went down that same route, as did Lord of the Rings.

Xandurson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#13  Edited By Xandurson

Okay so yet another person hates it. I actually loved it! It was better than the first! And the ending screamed Transformers 3.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.