Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Trials Evolution

Game » consists of 8 releases. Released Apr 18, 2012

The follow up to the best-selling hit Trials HD, Trials Evolution takes motorcycle platforming to a whole new level of ridiculousness.

The GB Track Central Community Thread - Tracks, Editor Tips, etc.

SpaceInsomniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By SpaceInsomniac

The intent of this thread is to give people a place to share any great Trials Evolution content that they either found, or made themselves. I'll be frequently updating this original post to spotlight both tracks and track creators. This thread is still under construction.

Legend: "Track Creator" - Track title - Type [Difficulty] - Date - You Tube link (when available)

== Community Created Trials ==========================================

"Hay Four Zee" - Trial Isle - Trials [Hard] - 4/22/12

"Dethfish77" - Camp ScetchyTechie - Trials [Extreme] - 4/22/12

"OptimalPower" - FlipperZone - Trials [Medium] - 4/20/12

"Fruitcocoa" - Earthbike - Trials [Hard] - 4/20/12

== Community Created Supercross =======================================

"trilby55" - Bridge Breakup - Supercross [Medium] - 4/22/12

"Dr Pongo" - Rooftop Rampage - Supercross [Easy] - 4/20/12

== Community Created Skill Games =======================================

"OptimalPower" - TwitchMaze - Skill Game [Hard] - 4/23/12

== Level Design Tips =================================================

- You can NEVER have too many checkpoints. If you don't believe me, just look at the official Trials level design. A lack of checkpoints doesn't make a track harder, it makes a track more frustrating to play.

- Don't hide the bike. If a player is unable to see their bike / rider, it can be extremely frustrating. This is especially true if they're in the middle of a jump, and can't tell how to land properly, because there is a giant building or set of trees blocking the player's view of the bike.

- Disable bikes that can't finish the track. If you used the Phoenix to test the track, it's possible that the Scorpion will be inappropriate for the same track. This is especially true on harder tracks that require very specific timing. Either test your level with all bikes, or disable the use of all bikes other than the bike you used to design your level.

- Know your difficulty. Rating the difficulty of your map is not a completely subjective process. If your map requires skills found on the "A" licence test, you should probably change the difficulty from "medium" to hard or extreme.

== Some Basics =====================================================

Click here to watch the Trials Evolution Quick Look.

Click here for a series of videos that explain how to use the Trials Evolution track editor.

Ravenlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By Ravenlight

I see these vids and all I can think is "Poor Brad."

SpaceInsomniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By SpaceInsomniac
    Ravenlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Ravenlight

@SpaceInsomniac:

Trials HD almost destroyed the man's soul. It's Stockholm Syndrome, I think.

SpaceInsomniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By SpaceInsomniac

http://www.thereticule.com/trials-evolution-an-interview/

Selected quotes:

When you host a Private online match or play Local multiplayer, you can race on user-created tracks! If someone in your race doesn’t have the track, it only takes seconds to download, because the actual size of the track files are less than 10 kilobytes!
    Our RedLynx track designers are very effectively using that exact same editor and gamepad to create the actual in-game tracks. And they do that on an Xbox 360, we don’t build our tracks or mini-games on a PC or some development system. It’s the exact same tool you get with the game.
    Anything you see in the single- and multiplayer game can be re-created by you in the editor and then shared with the whole world.
    You can also shape and re-texture the terrain, you can place and expand buildings, you can use more than fifteen hundred different objects (including variations), you can place effects like fire and smoke, and you can use the all-new trigger system to create a simple elevator or a complex skill game logic. Environment, lighting and camera settings can be modified to make tracks that look completely different from a “normal” Trials track.
    The only limitation is the capability of the Xbox – if you try to create a level featuring ten thousand exploding basketballs covered with flame effects all on one screen, you will get into trouble. As long as you are reasonable in terms of hardware performance and avoid having one thousand exploding basketballs, the only limit really is your imagination.

This game is going to be so damn amazing.

Avatar image for willthemagicasian
    WilltheMagicAsian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By WilltheMagicAsian

@SpaceInsomniac said:

Selected quotes:

Anything you see in the single- and multiplayer game can be re-created by you in the editor and then shared with the whole world.

And they can't sell us DLC tracks unless it includes new parts.

joshthebear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By joshthebear

I'm super excited for this game and looking forward to what the community can make. Also hearing about Brad diving back into a Trials game.

SpaceInsomniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By SpaceInsomniac

The game has only been out half a day, but I'm already noticing some fairly cool creations. Nothing that I'd like to add to the original post just yet, though. Please keep this thread in mind if you find or create anything worth sharing.

lithiumproject

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#9  Edited By lithiumproject

:D

Ravenlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Ravenlight
    The only limitation is the capability of the Xbox – if you try to create a level featuring ten thousand exploding basketballs covered with flame effects all on one screen, you will get into trouble. As long as you are reasonable in terms of hardware performance and avoid having one thousand exploding basketballs, the only limit really is your imagination.

I hope it comes out on PC eventually, I really want to play that 1000 exploding basketballs level.

aquacadet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 5

#11  Edited By aquacadet

Were you watching the quick look and thinking "God Brad, how could you not get over that concrete bag?" well now's your chance to try with my new amazing map: "Breaking BRAD! GB" simulate all the thrills, chills and spills of the quick look from the comfort of your couch.

SpaceInsomniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By SpaceInsomniac

@aquacadet said:

Were you watching the quick look and thinking "God Brad, how could you not get over that concrete bag?" well now's your chance to try with my new amazing map: "Breaking BRAD! GB" simulate all the thrills, chills and spills of the quick look from the comfort of your couch.

Actually, watching the QL, I was thinking "Crap Brad, that Mind Bender level doesn't look that hard." Then I played it, and got a silver medal on my first try. I don't even think I'm even good at the game.

Fruitcocoa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Fruitcocoa

Check out my track "Earthbike", my gamertag is Fruitcocoa!

Willtron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Willtron

I'm waiting for the eventual 1-1 World from Mario.

williamhenry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#15  Edited By williamhenry

@WilltheMagicAsian said:

@SpaceInsomniac said:

Selected quotes:

And they can't sell us DLC tracks unless it includes new parts.

Why couldn't they sell DLC? Just because the tracks are made with the in game editor doesn't mean they can't still sell ones they create.

SpaceInsomniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By SpaceInsomniac

@Fruitcocoa said:

Check out my track "Earthbike", my gamertag is Fruitcocoa!

Do you have any advice for the early part of the track where I'm stuck? Here's what I wrote about your track in the other thread:

From what little of it I could play, I thought it had fairly nice design. I did find it quite frustrating, though. You can never have too many checkpoints, and I found myself replaying the bit before the first mine over and over again. Not fun, and I couldn't quite tell what I need to do to avoid the mine every time. It seemed random to me.

If I rushed through and didn't stop, sometimes I'd hit the mine, and other times I wouldn't. If I hit the jump before it and tried to wait for the mine, I'd usually end up bouncing around too much and falling over, as you have to slow down really quickly after a large jump. Again, not fun, and made far worse by the 20 or so seconds of the beginning of the map I had to run through every time I failed.

Once I made it past the mine, I kept failing on the wood pile immediately afterwards. For reference, I've finished every Hard map in the game, so it's not that I'm just a bad player.

It's a shame I didn't make it further, as what I could play seemed fairly well put together.

@OptimalPower said:

Currently working on a pinball flipper based obstacle course. Shall update once complete!

Sounds fun. I'll look forward to checking it out.

optimalpower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By optimalpower

Just finished and uploaded my track.

You can find it by either searching for FlipperZone, or searching by my Gamertag: OptimalPower.

Any criticism is welcome as this is my first foray into the Trials Evo editor.

Oh, and one tip. When in doubt, do a wheelie.

SpaceInsomniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By SpaceInsomniac

@OptimalPower said:

Just finished and uploaded my track.

You can find it by either searching for FlipperZone, or searching by my Gamertag: OptimalPower.

Any criticism is welcome as this is my first foray into the Trials Evo editor.

Oh, and one tip. When in doubt, do a wheelie.

Argh! I had a post all typed up and ready, and then the forum didn't accept it for some reason. Here's the short version:

- I thought the track was too short, and too much of it felt like it was playing itself. Also could have used some more ramps and such instead of just the flipper sections, which would have helped with the length.

+ The flipper sections were all fun, the track was quite enjoyable, and getting wacked with a flipper when I screwed up was all sorts of great. I'll definitely look forward to any other tracks that you care to make, and this track will absolutely be making its way into my next multiplayer playlist.

Fruitcocoa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Fruitcocoa

I'm done with my track "EARTHBIKE" now, my gametag is Fruitcocoa. Check it out, watch my replay if you want hints and tips! :)

mustachio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By mustachio

I uploaded a Supercross track by the name of Rooftop Rampage. My gamertag is Dr Pongo, but there is one thing you should be aware of. When I first wanted to test it with a friend over Live I thought I had to 'share' it. Basically what that means is there is a beta version with the same name that is slightly broken yet somehow also has 4/5 stars. So if you want the one that's actually finished, it has a picture of a roof during sunset rather than just one of the jumps. I wish there was a way to get rid of the original but apparently once it's out there, it's out there.

SpaceInsomniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By SpaceInsomniac

@Mustachio said:

I uploaded a Supercross track by the name of Rooftop Rampage. My gamertag is Dr Pongo...

That was one of the better supercross tracks that I've played so far. The only minor suggestion I would make is changing the difficulty rating from "Easy" to "Medium." While not what I would call hard, your track was absolutely more advanced than all of the beginner and easy official supercross tracks. Other than that, very nice job.

While I'm posting, I thought I'd make my first recommendation:

"Corruptedbomb" - Yeti - Trials [Hard] - 4/18/12

Next time you're playing with two or three friends in multiplayer, put this course at the end of your track playlist, and I just about guarantee that your party chat will be filled with laughter and screaming. That, or everyone playing will hate you. Perhaps a combination of both. Either way, that sounds like fun to me.

It's a really simple concept, but finishing the level took me over 11 minutes and nearly 100 tries. If you try it, you'll understand why.

Geurge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Geurge

@WilltheMagicAsian: They can definitely sell us DLC tracks, these guys are working full time on this game and have spend whatever time it took to make the game, they know how to make good tracks, have plenty of time to make them and are getting paid to do it.

Sure, it can be recreated by anyone in the community, but unless they know the exact geometry of the level, the exact location of every single item, etc. it won't be the exact same track. You're not just paying for new levels, you're paying for new levels with good level design.

Also, I really hope it does come to PC, user created content would be insanse without the 360's limitations.

EDIT: And of course with new DLC they can put in more achievements which people will eat up.

Just tried out Yeti, really good. He's uploaded 2 more Yeti tracks as well now. Yeti 2.0 which is more fleshed out, looks a lot more polished and has more track afterwards. Also Yeti Lulz...this guy has destroyed the editor with this track, it could quite possibly be the best track in the history of all racing games.

dethfish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#23  Edited By dethfish

I'm not very good with the Trials editor but I tried my hardest and spent most of today making a track. It's an extreme trials track called Camp ScetchyTechie. Please download it and let me know what you think. GT is Dethfish77.

EDIT: The medal times with the first version of the track were too crazy so I re-did them. I also fixed a bad checkpoint. So if you happened to download the first version you should probably delete it and get the new one. The newest one has the more zoomed in screenshot.

joshthebear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By joshthebear
    @SpaceInsomniac Dude that Yeti track is ridiculous. Have yet to finish it, but I definitely intend to try.
    Avatar image for willthemagicasian
    WilltheMagicAsian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Geurge said:

@WilltheMagicAsian: They can definitely sell us DLC tracks, these guys are working full time on this game and have spend whatever time it took to make the game, they know how to make good tracks, have plenty of time to make them and are getting paid to do it.

Sure, it can be recreated by anyone in the community, but unless they know the exact geometry of the level, the exact location of every single item, etc. it won't be the exact same track. You're not just paying for new levels, you're paying for new levels with good level design.

Yeah, I made that statement before I knew how in-depth the track editor actually was.

genis1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By genis1

When I started making this map i was going to make it a cop chase, but I wanted it to be multiplayer, and I wanted a lot of fun jumps and stuff. It was a lot of fun making it and I hope you guys have a fun time playing it.

ocdog45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#27  Edited By ocdog45

I think the community should ask the GB crew to make tracks so we can compete as a community.

SpaceInsomniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By SpaceInsomniac

@ocdog45 said:

I think the community should ask the GB crew to make tracks so we can compete as a community.

We can already compete as a community. Just download any of the tracks that were made by people in this thread, and I'm sure you'll see some GB gamertags. If not, just use this thread to hook up with some GB players.

If you mean that Brad or Ryan or someone should make a level or two that we could all play and compete on, I don't think that's going to happen. I don't think anyone on the staff would have time for that sort of thing.

@Dethfish said:

I'm not very good with the Trials editor but I tried my hardest and spent most of today making a track. It's an extreme trials track called Camp ScetchyTechie. Please download it and let me know what you think. GT is Dethfish77.

Many extreme tracks are beyond my level of skill, and yours was certainly no exception. A better Trials player than myself will have to post their thoughts on your map.

@genis1 said:

When I started making this map i was going to make it a cop chase, but I wanted it to be multiplayer, and I wanted a lot of fun jumps and stuff. It was a lot of fun making it and I hope you guys have a fun time playing it.

Unless I'm mistaken, it seems each player doesn't have the exact same track on that course. Some players have to go over a car hood to trunk, and some players have to go over the side of another car. I didn't play it with other players, but that's what it looked like to me. If that's the case, I'd suggest not doing that in the future. If players don't have the exact same tracks, some people are going to think that they were at a disadvantage. Other than that, it seemed like a nice track.

Two more suggestions that I found floating around:

"sLAENDA" - Waterworld ver2 - Trials [Medium]

"UberShedda" - End of Days ep#1 -Trials [Medium]

These are both great examples of what can be done with the editor. The first track has a couple of annoying sections that I don't think are appropriate for a medium track. The second track makes the sin of not including any checkpoints, and includes camera angles that make it hard to land your jumps. Without those two little issues, however, the track would be insanely easy, so they can be forgiven.

Both of these are fantastic looking tracks, so if you're sick of playing levels made by people who only care about gameplay, you should check them out.

genis1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By genis1
    Unless I'm mistaken, it seems each player doesn't have the exact same track on that course. Some players have to go over a car hood to trunk, and some players have to go over the side of another car. I didn't play it with other players, but that's what it looked like to me. If that's the case, I'd suggest not doing that in the future. If players don't have the exact same tracks, some people are going to think that they were at a disadvantage. Other than that, it seemed like a nice track.

I did that on purpose. An example is at the end with the logs. There are four logs so I wanted to put a small ramp to f=get over one or two of them. I didn't like the way it looked with the ramps side by side, so I put them at different spots.

It shouldn't be unequal for anyone. Even though the track isn't symmetrical, everyone gets the same jumps and ramps, just not at the same time.

Thanks for the tip, though. I am really excited to make more levels! The next one I am working on is a trials Level 1-1.

HayFourZee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By HayFourZee

I uploaded a trial course called "Trial Isle" [hard] 4/22/12 Gamertag Hay Four Zee.

optimalpower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By optimalpower

Just finished my second project. It is a skill game called TwitchMaze. As before, just search by my username to find it.

SpaceInsomniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By SpaceInsomniac

@genis1 said:

I did that on purpose. An example is at the end with the logs. There are four logs so I wanted to put a small ramp to f=get over one or two of them. I didn't like the way it looked with the ramps side by side, so I put them at different spots.

It shouldn't be unequal for anyone. Even though the track isn't symmetrical, everyone gets the same jumps and ramps, just not at the same time.

Thanks for the tip, though. I am really excited to make more levels! The next one I am working on is a trials Level 1-1.

I'm glad to hear all of that. I'll have to give it another go in multiplayer, then. I'll also look forward to your 1-1 remake. I think it might be kind of hard to pull off, but I wish you good luck with it.

@HayFourZee said:

I uploaded a trial course called "Trial Isle" [hard] 4/22/12 Gamertag Hay Four Zee.

I thought it was a pretty good track. Had a good length, and just the right difficulty for a hard skill level course.

@OptimalPower said:

Just finished my second project. It is a skill game called TwitchMaze. As before, just search by my username to find it.

Very nice work on this. I hate these sort of games, personally, but you absolutely nailed the control. Easily one of the best skill games I've seen so far. Makes me really wish that skill games could be played in online multiplayer.

SpawnMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 10

#33  Edited By SpawnMan

My track is "Abandoned Highway" Trial. Hard. Made yesterday (24th? 25th?) by The Spawn Man. : )

dethfish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#34  Edited By dethfish

Here's some cool trials tracks I've downloaded. Most of them are pretty popular so you guys might have seen them already.

Test Subject 001 made by Templar Knight4. This is a cool portal themed level.

Terminator 2 made by suttonleo2. This a level based off the motorcycle scene in Terminator 2. It isn't too hard but it's cinematic.

Takeshi's Castle made by BOBSAUR. This is a level based off the Japanese game show. This might be my favorite one. 

Real Trials Comp 2 made by OoOoOomonkey. This one is made to look like an actual trials competition, which is pretty awesome. It's hard but not too hard.

Aishan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Aishan

The Micro Donkey didn't seem to get much love in the single-player, so I decided to make a track for it:

Donkey Trials 1 by Aishan

I'd appreciate any feedback you guys may have, will try to make a more 'dynamic' track next.

dietomaha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By dietomaha

@joshthebear said:

@SpaceInsomniac Dude that Yeti track is ridiculous. Have yet to finish it, but I definitely intend to try.

I've pretty much determined that track is impossible. I got about halfway through by sheer luck, and ever since then never been able to get even a quarter through.

I'd like to add 2 maps I've made as well: Tricky Track and Mountaineering.

The first one was my first attempt. It's a pretty basic map with basic trials obstacles, but still pretty fun. A bit....tricky....HA. Ok.

The second one is a hill climb-style map. Quite a bit harder than Tricky Track.

Both are rated Hard, and both have been completed with 0 faults, so I don't think the difficulty is too extreme (though some people have completed Mountaineering with over 100 faults). They've both got a 4-star average so far.

Gamertag is DietOmaha.

Chops037

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Chops037

Hi, I uploaded my first track last night. GT is Chops037. (zero37.) It's called Tricky Commute and is a Trials [Medium] track. (Tagged under 'realistic', 'jumps' and 'themed'.)

It's fully tested and works with every bike. Please check it out, thanks. :)

Supercancer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Supercancer

I realize that there hasn't been a post in the Trials forums for a month, so there probably won't be anyone here to read this, but I'm going to go through everyone's posted tracks and give them some kind words :)

In exchange if someone could try out my track called "Boom Town v.II" and give me some feedback, I'd greatly appreciate it!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.