Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Trials Fusion

Game » consists of 8 releases. Released Apr 15, 2014

RedLynx takes their bike-platforming franchise to the future (and PlayStation) with the addition of a physics-based trick system.

PC: Loading hangups when customizing bike or rider

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

I got this yesterday on PC, my first Trials game and all, and I've heard the past entries have had spotty PC ports. Well I'm having this weird issue on PC which isn't a major problem but I'm curious if anyone else encountered it. Whenever I go to customize my bike or my rider the game will seem to be in the loading screen indefinitely until I back out and enter again at which point it loads fine. It seems to work this way every time - won't load until I back out and try again.

Apart from this the game runs fine so it's not a huge issue, just curious if I'm the proverbial "only one" experiencing this issue.

Corevi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

sounds like a RAM problem, or maybe a hard drive one.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@corruptedevil: Well I have a brand new SSD and 16gb of Ram and my PC is maybe like 1.5 years old at this point so I'm hoping it's not an issue on MY end.

xanadu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

@humanity: it's not a ram or a hdd issue. I have the same exact same problem. I noticed if I just wait on the first time and don't back out the problem mostly goes away after that.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xanadu said:

@humanity: it's not a ram or a hdd issue. I have the same exact same problem. I noticed if I just wait on the first time and don't back out the problem mostly goes away after that.

Good to know I'm not the only one. Not a dealbreaker, just really weird.

The_Nubster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By The_Nubster

@humanity said:

@xanadu said:

A bit late, but I can confirm too. It seems to work after about 30-45 seconds of waiting on the screen, but backing out doesn't work reliably for me.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Humanity

@humanity said:

@xanadu said:

A bit late, but I can confirm too. It seems to work after about 30-45 seconds of waiting on the screen, but backing out doesn't work reliably for me.

After having spent a lot more time both in the game and in the Track Editor I can confirm that this only happens for loading in the bikes and outfit menu's. Thankfully the game performs without a hitch where it most matters - the tracks. Respawning, resetting, etc works instantly. The track editor also doesn't have any loading hangups and works quite smoothly - I've actually found it more comfortable to operate with a controller rather than mouse and keyboard which is insane.

So maybe this will get patched in at a later date. It's a small thing but it can be annoying as I'm the type of person that loves customization above all else in games.

buffaloseven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

I have the same problem as well and I'm running on a Late 2013 Retina MacBook Pro with a PCIe SSD and 16GB of RAM.

Really odd problem, though. I didn't ever have a problem while running the beta.

There are definitely a few bugs that they should *really* iron out on the PC though. The biggest one is to enable frame skipping. 90% of the performance complaints would go away if the game speed wasn't dependent on the frame rate (e.g. If you're running at 40FPS, the game runs at 2/3 speed). I wouldn't notice it much except for the fact that there's a few shaders in the game on some tracks that inexplicably make my frame rate tank, otherwise the game runs rock solid at 60FPS.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.