Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Trials HD

Game » consists of 2 releases. Released Aug 12, 2009

Trials HD is a 3D, physics-based motorcycle racing/platforming game played out on a 2D plane.

Down The Stairs Glitch

Ken420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Ken420

A great part of this game was being able to view top replays to study button movements & bike placement.  So I've spent a good number of hours & 100's of attempts at trying to legitimately get a high score.  But after watching the new top scores for Down The Stairs, the top spots are glitches.  Not very fair to those who are #10 who have done it legitimately.  

So I attempted the glitch over the course of  10 minutes, thinking that it was some difficult thing to do, and managed to get my highest score.  Suffice to say, I felt ripped off for putting in all that time, trying to do it legit.  

It's called Down the Stairs, yet you can get the absolute highest possible score by landing a few feet away from the start.  This should have been called Down the Stair.  I hope they release a patch to address the glitch and maybe eliminate the glitched scores but that seemingly would be a massive headache.  

This is a quality assurance nightmare as this is probably one of the more popular skill games.    I don't see how they missed this... clearly some of the landings (Down The Stairs, Ski Jump) are glitched.. like when you land on the white thing in the middle after the fire columns.  Any extremity that hits it gets stuck to it and you boomerang back to it.  Think of Stretch Armstrong.  The top score replay looks like Stretch on a bad acid trip.

Anyone else a little miffed about these glitched scores in a game where your score is everything?

Nefilim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Nefilim

The Ski Jump isn't glitched is it? Checked the leaderboards last night ( Standard time +1) and the top scores there seemed legit.

Ken420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Ken420

Yeah ski jump is working.  It's the down the stairs one that's glitched.  Watch the top replays, its kinda bs.  i don't even try on that one anymore.

R3cruit3D

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By R3cruit3D

47809 is now the record, compared to the legit 130's that people were proud of on release..
    Ken420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Ken420

That replay mysteriously doesn't load.  I wasn't aware we had over 47,000 bones in our bodies... now we know.  Down the Stairs leaderboards are officially broken. 

R3cruit3D

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By R3cruit3D

Yeah it didn't load for me, but i had probs with the internet all day yesterday so i thought it was just that. and i suppose he cracked many bones several times..

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.