Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Trials HD

Game » consists of 2 releases. Released Aug 12, 2009

Trials HD is a 3D, physics-based motorcycle racing/platforming game played out on a 2D plane.

This forum is way to empty (lots of info inside thread)

Robiin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By Robiin

I AM SO EXCITED FOR THIS GAME.

If your'e in doubt, you can try the Trials trial (pun definitley intended).. Redlynx releaased some info about it (the demo):

Demo version:

We offer a free trial (demo) version of the game for all Xbox Live customers. The free trial version contains eight tracks (six trials racing tracks and two skill game tracks), four bikes and a limited version of the level editor. You can also watch replays of other players' top scores from the leaderboards and use the in-game friend comparison features. Xbox Live Arcade trial games are not allowed to send scores to leaderboards or save any data to the hard drive. If you at any time want to compete in the leaderboards, save your game progress or custom tracks, you can unlock the full version with 1200 microsoft points. No extra download or game restart is required.

Also a lot of game info

Game features:
    - Two game modes: Trials Racing and Skill Games.
    - In Trials Racing you have to pass various obstacle filled tracks by doing as few faults as possible. Scores with equal faults are separated by time, so it's essential to get to the goal as fast as possible.
    - In Skill Games you have to ride in various extreme circumstances doing deadly stunts and tricks. For example riding inside a huge giant ball, hauling a cart filled with explosives or tumbling down stairs to break some bones. There's 12 different skill games present.
    - 51 tracks total separated in 5 difficulty levels (beginner, easy, medium, hard, extreme).
    - 8 tournaments: Tournament is a series of tracks played in a row, one after other. Your score is the time and faults of all tracks in the tournament added together.
    - 8 different bikes: 5 trials racing bikes and 3 special skill game bikes. Beginner bikes are slower, but much easier to ride, while the advanced bikes require lots of skill to master.
    - 12 challenging and fun achievements. Gamer picture rewards.
    - As you pass the tracks, you unlock new difficulty levels, new bikes, new skill games, new tournaments and hidden bonus features.
    - Each track has goal times and goal maximum faults. You are awarded with medals (bronze, silver, gold, platinum) as you pass the tracks and improve your scores.
    - You can customize your bikes and your rider outlook in the garage. Other players watching your replays online see your customized rider/bike.
    - Zero loading times (level and menu screen openings). All game content is loaded to the Xbox 360 memory at startup. No waiting required!
    - Fast restart feature allows you to restart the track instantaneously with a single button press either to the track start or to the last checkpoint visited. Non-stop action!
    - Checkpoint interval times show how much behind/ahead are you compared to your best run in the track.
    - Local session track leaderboards allow party playing using multiple local (offline) profiles.
    - Supports Xbox Live downloadable premium content. Content packs can include new tracks (racing & skill), new tournaments, new achievements and new level editor objects.

Online features:
    - Each trials racing track, skill game track and tournament has it's own global online leaderboard.
    - Total ranking leaderboard is combined by adding the scores of all the 55 separate leaderboards together.
    - The best run of 5000 top players in each leaderboard has a downloadable replay. Replays show control input of the player, so others can learn by watching replays of the best.
    - Nearest friends leaderboard and their global ranking shown in level selector menu. It's easy and fast to keep up with your online rivals.
    - Friend scores system allows real time in-game comparison of your current run and all your friend's best runs.
    - Friend scores in racing tracks: At top of the screen you see a meter showing how much behind or ahead you are compared to the currently closest friend's top score.
    - Friend scores in skill games: Markers with friends' gamertags can be seen around the level showing the positions the friends have reached in the track on their best runs.
    - All Trials HD online features are fully accessible with the free Xbox Live silver membership.

Physics features:
    - Advanced physics engine allows very realistic 3d physics simulation and full physics interaction between game objects.
    - Complex physics obstacles such as various vehicles, suspension bridges, elevators, explosion chains, huge structures falling down, etc.
    - Objects break into pieces on intense pressure or impact.
    - Over 100 different physics objects modeled to be as realistic as possible (weight contribution, friction setup, collision model and graphics outlook).
    - Realistic, very painful looking bike and rider (ragdoll) crashes. Damage to all rider body parts is simulated (including broken bones and body joints).

Graphics engine features:
    - Deferred renderer highly optimized for Xbox 360 architecture
    - Locked always 60 fps (frames per second) tearless (vsynched) graphics output
    - Floating point high dynamic range (HDR) rendering
    - Real time per pixel phong lighting from all light sources
    - All objects and scenery cast dynamic soft shadows
    - Sophisticated 12 channel per pixel material system
    - Parallax mapping on all surfaces
    - Anisotropic filtering on all surfaces
    - Tone mapping emulating eye iris adjustment to lighting conditions
    - Post process filters: depth of field and overexposure light bloom
    - Advanced GPU powered particle engine (up to 10k+ particles per frame)
    - Particle per pixel lighting, dynamic shadows and proper depth ordering
    - Sophisticated custom material and geometry compression algorithms allow uncompromized texture and object quality

Level editor:
    - Fully featured level editor that offers you all the same tools, objects and physics features we have used in built in tracks.
    - All the built in tracks have been done with exactly the same editor. You can create extremely complex levels if you like.
    - Level editor has "simple mode" for beginners, making it easier for new players to start creating their own levels.
    - Glue feature allows you to form complex physics objects by combining multiple simple objects.
    - Editor has a good selection of physics constraints: axis, hinge, slider and point-to-point (hard and soft). You can for example build your own vehicles using these.
    - You can place triggers around your level. Triggers can be used to activate object physics, to activate object animation or to break/explode objects.
    - Camera control objects can be placed around the level to create nice cinematic camera angles.
    - You have full control over sun light properties (time of day, angle, color, ambient, etc) and dust properties. There's also a good selection of light sources you can place around your level.
    - You can set medal goal times and fault limits for your own track (bronze, silver, gold, platinum).

Level Sharing:
    - Share your own tracks with your Xbox Live friends by using the online track sharing functionality.
    - Just a single click and the track is shared. You do not need to wait for your friends to be online at the same time as you are.
    - You can browse and download the tracks shared by all your friends whenever you want, even if your friends are not online.
    - You can play the downloaded tracks and save them to your Xbox hard drive and your Xbox memory units.
    - Level sharing is fully accessible with the free Xbox Live silver membership.

Sound and Music:
    - Dolby Digital 5.1 surround sound
    - Sound dynamics adjusted by room size/shape (reverb) and object/camera motion (doppler)
    - Physics engine triggered material to material collision sounds
    - Voice overs by Brandon DiCamillo, Art Webb and Rake Yohn! (famous from TV shows such as Viva La Bam ja Jackass)
    - High quality sound track

Trials racing track breakdown:
    - 4 tutorial tracks (one beginner, easy, medium and hard)
    - 6 beginner tracks
    - 6 easy tracks
    - 11 medium tracks
    - 8 hard tracks
    - 4 extreme tracks

Tournament breakdown:
    - Backyard Cup: 3 tracks (beginner)
    - National Bike Cup: 4 tracks (easy)
    - Regional Bike Cup: 4 tracks (easy)
    - Master's League: 5 tracks (medium)
    - World Cup: 5 tracks (medium)
    - World Championship: 10 tracks (hard)
    - Underground Cup: 5 tracks (hard)
    - Ultimate Endurance: 24 tracks (extreme)

Skill games:
    - Inside the Ball: Ride inside a giant iron ball. Try to roll the ball far as possible before you crash.
    - Ski Jump: Jump off a big ramp, bail out and fly as far as possible.
    - Ring of Fire: Fly through series of flaming rings using an afterburner. You get some extra fuel every time you pass a ring.
    - Delivery: Haul a cart filled with bombs. The further you reach in one minute time limit, the better score you get.
    - Down the Stairs: Bail out down the stairs and break as many bones as possible.
    - In Flames: The bike is on fire! If you ride slow the bike engine temperature rises, if you ride fast the bike engine temperature lowers. Don't let it overheat!
    - Target Hunt: Collect as many targets as possible in a two minute time limit.
    - Hill Climb: Climb the hill as high as possible.
    - Outside the Ball: Ride on top of a giant iron ball. Try roll the ball as far as possible without falling off the ball.
    - Infernal Pinball: Reach as high as possible inside a huge pinball machine. Don't forget to bail out at the end!
    - Flip Hunter: Make as many flips as possible in a two minute time limit.
    - Loose Screw: The bike front wheel bolt is loose. If the wheel touches the ground it gets more and more loose and finally detaches. Wheelie as far as possible.

Bike controls:
    - Accelerate: Right analog trigger or A button
    - Brake: Left analog trigger or X button
    - Leaning: Left analog stick or dpad
    - Bail out: Y button
    - During bail out - grab objects: Y button (hold)
    - During bail out - fly: Left analog stick
    - Fast reset (track): Back button
    - Fast reset (checkpoint): B button

Boosters:
    - Afterburner: Collectable booster. Attachs a rocket thruster to the bike. Lasts for 3 seconds. Hidden in several levels.
    - Ejection seat: Ejection seat is attached to the bike in many skill game modes. Ejection seat boosts bail out power immensely.

Bikes:
    - Turtle 80cc: Turtle is your first bike. It's really easy to handle, but like it's name tells you, it's not really fast.
    - Reptile 125cc: Reptile is a good bike for learning the basics of the game. It's both faster and more responsive than Turtle.
    - Scorpion 250cc: Scorpion has the best top speed, excellent shock absorbers, pretty powerful brakes and acceleration, but it's a bit heavy.
    - Phoenix EVO 250cc: Ultra light weight pro Trials bike. Hydraulic brakes, super responsive and quick to accelerate, but it's top speed is slightly lower than Scorpion's.
    - Micro Donkey 60cc: This bonus bike is very small and light, but almost too responsive. For professional boneheads only!
    - Hauler 600cc: This heavyweight bike is custom made for hauling big carts (filled with bombs!).
    - Phoenix REV 250cc: A mad max style stunt bike. This bike is custom made for riding on top of giant iron balls. It's reverse gear is as powerful as it's forward gear.
    - Scorpion AIR 125cc: A custom made ski jump bike. Comes with a pair of "MADDNESS" skis.

Unlockables:

- Easy difficulty + Reptile bike: Pass three beginner tracks
    - Medium difficulty + Scorpion bike: Pass three easy tracks
    - Hard difficulty + Phoenix EVO bike: Pass three medium tracks
    - Extreme difficulty: Pass three hard tracks
    - Micro Donkey bike: Pass "National Bike Cup" tournament with a gold medal result
    - Platinum Club: Pass one extreme track (this unlocks the hidden platinum medal track time/fault limits)
    - Skill game "Delivery": Pass one beginner track with a gold medal result
    - Skill game "Down the Stairs": Pass two beginner tracks with gold medal results
    - Skill game "In Flames": Pass three beginner tracks with gold medal results
    - Skill game "Target Hunt": Pass one easy track with a gold medal result
    - Skill game "Hill Climb": Pass two easy tracks with gold medal results
    - Skill game "Giant Ball Outside": Pass three easy tracks with gold medal results
    - Skill game "Infernal Pinball": Pass one medium track with a gold medal result
    - Skill game "Flip Hunter": Pass two easy medium with gold medal results
    - Skill game "Loose Screw": Pass three medium tracks with gold medal results
    - Tournaments: Pass all tracks in any of the eight tournaments to unlock that tournament 

AND, A REVIEW FROM EUROGAMER (9/10, the guy seems eally excited, and so should you)

"... But the fact is Trials HD does have all the rest. It may cost a hearty 1200 Microsoft Points (£10.20 / 14.40), but even playing it from start to end will take hours, and it's a game built for endless replay and community expansion beyond that. It may not have some of the PC features, like ghosts and multiple camera angles, but neither change intrudes on the experience. It may be on a gamepad, which is slightly less exact than the three-fingers-on-the-directional-buttons of the PC version, but Trials pros will be able to emulate the majority of their feats within a few hours of practice. And it seems to me those are the only slight issues. Otherwise it's wonderfully designed, justifies the price, and may end up being the best thing on Xbox Live Arcade all year. If you're in any doubt, there's even a trial version. Thud."

dopeman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By dopeman

Looks boring and overly frustrating.

Drebin_893

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3  Edited By Drebin_893

Looks bad. 

It's a free flash game, also.

Robiin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Robiin

Well, I tend to like games that people think are frustrating (Mirror's Edge was my second best game of 2008).

It's definitiley don't the same thing as the free Trials flash game. More of an upgraded version of the game Trials 2 (which is available for $10 I think, so go get it!)

Also, download the trial on wednesday, since it's available for free. Make decisions afterwards guys :D

brainwins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By brainwins
    @Robiin said:
    ...(Mirror's Edge was my second best game of 2008)...
    You are a masochist :P
    You are gonna love Trials. I have it on the PC. I stopped playing it after I tried a jump for 50 straight times and failed.
    Good luck.
    JJWeatherman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 18

#6  Edited By JJWeatherman

WTF is this? A super long advertisement?

Robiin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Robiin
    @brainwins said:

" @Robiin said:

...(Mirror's Edge was my second best game of 2008)...
    You are a masochist :P You are gonna love Trials. I have it on the PC. I stopped playing it after I tried a jump for 50 straight times and failed. Good luck. "
    Well, from my standpoint, it seemed like everyone was just.. not good.. on Mirror's Edge. Everyone kept complaining over how hard it was and whatnot, and I got most of the achievements without retrying things too many times. There were a few speed runs that began to make me mad, but I have every achievement now and haven't destroyed any controllers :D

@JJWeatherman said:
    " WTF is this? A super long advertisement? "

No, this is just some info that Redlynx released yesterday.. and a review for the game by Eurogamers. I'm just trying to get some more people excited. Maybe you don't "appreciate" (couldn't find the right word, I'm not a native english speaker) long threads on GB? I don't know, I'm pretty new here :D
    Diamond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#8  Edited By Diamond
    @Drebin_893 said:
    " Looks bad.  It's a free flash game, also. "
    This version isn't a free flash game...

I'm looking forward to it anyways.
    Scooper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#9  Edited By Scooper

I got some hard achievments on the Steam game Trials 2 including the fastest time in the world on 1 track. At first I hated the game because I just felt unweildly but once you hit the point where you understand how to control the bike properly it becomes a whole lot more fun.

mmarsu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#10  Edited By mmarsu

I'm looking forward to this game, I also can't wait to check out the Giantbomb Quick Look.

Daryl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Daryl

This game is awesome

mmarsu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By mmarsu

Yes it is :D. I've been making a level all day though :p.

Scooper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Scooper

You can use the level editor on the trail version hahaha. You could never buy the game and just make your own levels forever.

Diamond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Diamond

The game is fantastic.  Better than I had even hoped.  Really addictive and rock solid gameplay.

mmarsu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By mmarsu
    @Scooper said:
    " You can use the level editor on the trail version hahaha. You could never buy the game and just make your own levels forever. "
    You can? Can you use all the functions? Advanced mode? Etc..
    Druminator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Druminator

This does looks awesome, I'm going to go play the trial now.

Scooper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Scooper
    @MMaRsu: Yep it all works. It's quite funny they left a fully functioning map editor in the trial version. The downside is you can only create and play your own tracks, there's no downloading or uploading any tracks.
    JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#18  Edited By JJOR64

Is this game really worth the 1200 points?

mmarsu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By mmarsu

JJOR64, yeah it sure is :D. I mean you can check out all the reviews, most of them are all 9 or above. 

The game has alot of content and a great level editor :). I've been making levels all day, playing challenges and competing with friends. It's great.

Giantbomb has a quicklook this week though, hope that's up soon. Even though I've already bought the game, I like the quicklooks :)

PowerSerj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By PowerSerj
    @Robiin said:
    "you can try the Trials trial (pun definitley intended)"
    Not a pun ;)
    and333

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#21  Edited By and333

I love this game! its hard but fun as hell and the level creator is great speaking of which who wants to add me to their friend list so we can share levels?!

Avatar image for phaggybignastymckill
    PhaggyBigNastyMcKill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

QUE?????????????

TheGreatGuero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By TheGreatGuero

After reading IGN's review, I'm definitely very interested.

Diamond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Diamond

lol the people without 360s dissing the game.

Muttinus_Rump

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Muttinus_Rump

I loved the PC version, that took up so much of my time. But I won't be getting this cause my 360 aint connected to the internets.

Also, it's not a flash game.

RHCPfan24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 8

#27  Edited By RHCPfan24

Why didn't you put that information in the wiki instead of this forum topic?

sjupp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By sjupp

I gotta agree with OP: It IS a very fun game. 

I don't know if it's just me, but I find both this game and Mirrors Edge not that hard. Got stuck once but otherwise it was like a run in the park.. (See what I did there?)
    FireBurger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#29  Edited By FireBurger

You live in Sweden, Redlynx is in Finland. Sure you're not a dev? :)

But yeah, I never found Mirror's Edge to be too frustrating. There were a few times where you have to look around to figure out where to go, and getting shot can get annoying, but I didn't find it very hard at all. I don't understand how people found the jumping so difficult. You want masochism, play Call of Duty 4 on veteran. One or two parts there are enough to make you want to kill a kitten.

As for Trials: the demo was fun. Even though it's definitely much better and more polished than the flash games, I don't want to drop $15 on it.

sjupp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By sjupp

Damn, I've just got the best idea ever. 

1. Pretend you're rich 
    2. Buy the game 
    3. Enjoy it 
    4. ??????? 
    5. Poverty

Enyeez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Enyeez

game is good, thanks for all the unlock info.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.