TRIBES 2 ?!?!

#1 Posted by bellmont42 (325 posts) -

Quake brought back a ton of nostalgia and insane fun on TNT.. but my next most remembered game? Tribes...
of course... Tribes 2....  its still going.. do it.
http://www.tribesnext.com/info

#2 Posted by Skullo (646 posts) -

Downloaded it and been meaning to play it,

#3 Posted by bellmont42 (325 posts) -

its a great game! PC gamers are letting me down here :(

#4 Posted by Goblix (24 posts) -

Tribes 2 IS pretty great, awesome team based game. 

And let's be honest with ourselves here.. you have no reason NOT to play, it's free now!

#5 Posted by bellmont42 (325 posts) -

exactly...

#6 Posted by Rolento (265 posts) -

Tribes 2 was damned good, though I must say I really enjoyed the first a lot more in general.

#7 Edited by MrChuckles (50 posts) -

DLing now. 

Loved me some tribes.

#8 Posted by BunkerBuster (1042 posts) -

Starsiege Tribes? 
Holy shit, I can't believe I still remember that game. Thanks for the heads up.

#9 Posted by mosdl (3259 posts) -

next tnt needs to be Starcraft 1!

#10 Posted by bellmont42 (325 posts) -

GB needs to know! spread the word!

#11 Posted by REDRUN (1410 posts) -

I am in... if there is going to be a GB TNT Tribe 2 night, I am there. Its been a while since I last skied across those large maps.

#12 Posted by endless_void (703 posts) -

Just googled it, seems like a basic online multiplayer game with jet packs. What makes this game special? Convince me! :P

#13 Posted by bellmont42 (325 posts) -

custom classes... the jetpack system requires skill :P lots of precise aiming since its so fast. vehicles! best CTF game.. requires teamwork

#14 Posted by Centimani (550 posts) -

I actually found my old Tribes 2 disc only 3 days ago, along with a copy of Sonic and Knuckles and Tomb Raider 2 :)

#15 Posted by jimmy5150 (122 posts) -

I am SO in on this. Definitely up there with quake as far as one of the best multiplayer shooters of all time.

#16 Posted by aproposshadows (182 posts) -

Used to love driving behind the enemy base and sniping then haul ass to another spot and snipe some more. Dam I forgot how much fun it was

#17 Posted by bellmont42 (325 posts) -

and now its freeee!

#18 Posted by bellmont42 (325 posts) -

anyone else? you know you want to

#19 Posted by Crocio (542 posts) -

Tribes would be a great game for TNT, but why not have a GB community led event as well?

#20 Posted by DukeTogo (1504 posts) -
@Rolento said:
" Tribes 2 was damned good, though I must say I really enjoyed the first a lot more in general. "
Yes, it's odd that the official sequel with more vehicles and better tech still wasn't as good as the first game with the mods that everyone made for it.  The saboteur with limpet mines and invisibility was so damn fun, as was the dual machine cannon on the soldier.  God damn was that game great.
#21 Posted by bellmont42 (325 posts) -

The third game was just terrible...

#22 Posted by OmegaPirate (5522 posts) -

Downloading!!

#23 Posted by bellmont42 (325 posts) -

I'm going to see what i can do about getting a Tribes 2 server going. I doubt it can be permanent though.

#24 Posted by august (3866 posts) -
@endless_void said:
" Just googled it, seems like a basic online multiplayer game with jet packs. What makes this game special? Convince me! :P "
Back in 1998 massive outdoor areas, tons of armor weapon and turret types and crazy vehicles with huge teams on each side was kind of a big deal.
#25 Posted by august (3866 posts) -

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.