250 free gold promotion

#1 Posted by Moncole (636 posts) -
#2 Posted by Moncole (636 posts) -

You can't copy paste the code

#3 Posted by mortal_sb (514 posts) -

i don't know what to use it for. there are some weapons that cost 42000 XP (a CRAZY amount for not being a VIP) and will be yours for 240 gold. there are also classes for 240 gold which "only" cost 18000xp. hm.

#4 Posted by Olu (95 posts) -

18000 is not that much, it's like one week of casual play

#5 Posted by Ravenlight (8040 posts) -

The thing they don't tell you is that you'll always have 10 or 20 gold left over taunting you whenever a round ends.

#6 Posted by klinkcow (251 posts) -

thanks for this...worked like a charm!

#7 Posted by emem (1959 posts) -

Nice, thanks.

#8 Posted by Bankrotas (46 posts) -

@Olu said:

Casual, by who's standart? Let's say, for me casual would be about 1h a day.

#9 Posted by emem (1959 posts) -
@Bankrotas said:

@Olu said:

Casual, by who's standart? Let's say, for me casual would be about 1h a day.

It depends on what mode/class you play, how long a round is, and how good you are, it's not that easy to say. But I'm pretty sure that 18.000 in 7 hours might be very hard to get for someone who is new to fast paced FPS. I'm pretty new to Tribes, but I'm used to fast paced shooters and it takes me "forever" to unlock stuff...it's a bit annoying. The game is great and a lot of fun, though.
#10 Posted by Bankrotas (46 posts) -

@emem said:

It depends on what mode/class you play, how long a round is, and how good you are, it's not that easy to say. But I'm pretty sure that 18.000 in 7 hours might be very hard to get for someone who is new to fast paced FPS. I'm pretty new to Tribes, but I'm used to fast paced shooters and it takes me "forever" to unlock stuff...it's a bit annoying. The game is great and a lot of fun, though.

Well, I'll put my personal view into account. I you would play and win all first wins of the day each day, then you might reach 18000 in a week. But it would mean, you'd have to perform bit more than just as casual gamer would, since what's so casual in needing to join and win a game every day? Casual gaming is when you want to have some fun and give your best when you feel like playing the game of Tribes Ascend, not need. That all is my personal opinion about being casual though.

#11 Posted by katanalauncher (215 posts) -

I hate myself for doing this.

#12 Posted by emem (1959 posts) -
@Bankrotas: Hm yeah, well... I didn't really want to start a discussion about what's a "casual gamer" or what's a "pro-gamer". :)  

I'm just saying that if you are collecting XP it takes quite a bit of time to unlock stuff and if you just want to enjoy the game, without the pressure of having to do that, it's probably easier to just spend a little bit of money. Or do it like me, unlock the spinfuser (soldier) for 240 gold and have fun. ;)
#13 Posted by Bankrotas (46 posts) -

@emem: I did the same first. Soldier is quite universal to the point where you lack something to help you fight though. Also I've bought some gold to unlock all classes just to know, what they're all about. It's quite entertaining, to use more than one class instead going always with soldier.

#14 Posted by TheWholeDamnShow (232 posts) -

WHOO

#15 Posted by emem (1959 posts) -
@Bankrotas: Some of the classes are really cool and even though there are more useful classes in CTF I still have the most fun with the soldier. Most of the time I help my flagcarrier by slowing down the guys chasing him or try to return our flag, I'm basically just a supporter and I love it.
#16 Posted by Aronman789 (2676 posts) -

Got an extra code, for anyone that doesn't feel like having to go through the whole Facebook stuff. First come, first serve.

FB39499F0380424C4

#17 Posted by Nachoninja (8 posts) -

Gold code taken ... Thanks for saving me the hassle!

#18 Posted by whyareyoucrouchingspock (975 posts) -

Very useful, thank you.

#19 Posted by recharge330 (80 posts) -

I'm really beginning to hate this trend of facebook being integrated with everything. I shouldn't have to make a fake account on a completely unrelated service to get the most out of games.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.