Awesome kills you got

#1 Posted by Moncole (636 posts) -

What are kills you got that impressed you and you wish more people saw?

I was a Pathfinder and shot down a Shrike when it tried to kill me.

#2 Posted by Ubersmake (754 posts) -

I'm not a Tribes veteran. The only Tribes experience I can claim is that I tried Tribes 1 after it became free, and had no idea what I was doing. And then I played a few rounds of Tribes 2 after it became free, and still had no idea what I was doing. Yeah, definitely not a veteran.

So that made it extremely satisfying (and lucky) when I managed to kill someone in midair with a spinfusor while I was also flying through the air.

Accidental grav bike collision kills are nice, too. But they're a little too random to be satisfying.

#3 Posted by emem (1966 posts) -

Hmm I once shot at a Shrike with the Doombringer's lock on missile launcher, the guy I shot at managed to lead that missile back to me and it actually killed me. I didn't know that was possible and it blew my mind. 

It's probably a bit sad that my most awesome kill is a self-kill. ;p

#4 Posted by HaltIamReptar (2029 posts) -

I once meleed a dude to death while he was probably away from keyboard.

#5 Posted by Aronman789 (2676 posts) -

My mouse sensitivity fucked up and I ended up just shooting randomly while trying to fix it. I looked up from my mouse and saw I had gotten a Blue Plate Special.

Only been able to get two of those since then.

#6 Posted by Gargantuan (1882 posts) -

Always nice when you lob a mortar shell over a hill and hit the enemy flag capper.

#7 Posted by Marz (5651 posts) -

Sniping someone across the map about to cap the flag and saving the day.

#8 Posted by Nonused (215 posts) -

Always fun predicting the trajectory of a flag carrier and just nailing him with the spinfusor. Done that a couple of times and it's awesome every time.

Also, speeding down a hill to grab the flag while someone else is so close to it. Just walking. "I got this!" they'd say. "Nope," I say.

#9 Posted by Ravenlight (8040 posts) -

I got a good airshot in with the Thumper yesterday. Crossbow-wielding speedy motherfucker had me down to like 30 health and zipped over my head; I flicked the mouse up and knocked him out of the sky.

On a related note, the sound that chimes in whenever you earn an accolade in T:A is like sweet, sweet crack. I get a Pavlovian dopamine reaction or something whenever it dings.

#10 Edited by Anupsis (293 posts) -

I shot my Spinfusor randomly and somehow hit a GravCycle that was in mid air. Best feeling ever.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.