I've got ten beta keys up for grabs. Shazbot!

#1 Posted by JoeMarsden (304 posts) -

As the title suggests, I have ten closed beta keys up for grabs for Hi-Rez Studios' Tribes Ascend. I'm a huge fan of the Tribes series, and despite my reservations, I've really been enjoying Tribes Ascend. I imagine some of you guys are Tribes fans too, and if not, I would still recommend it heartily. Hi-Rez doesn't know when the beta is going to go open just yet, so if you want to get a key to play now, then I guess I can help you out.

Sadly, I've already given my personal beta keys out so you're going to have to work a little to get one of these ten. I've got a giveaway upon on my site, Reaction Time, and it's really simple to get yourself a chance to win. I hope this thread isn't taken as spam, because...it isn't. I haven't posted this on any other message board but I thought I'd give you Giant Bomb guys a heads up as it's a pretty damn sweet community. Anyway, follow this link, and if you have any questions about the game, I'd be more than happy to answer them.

#2 Posted by Lionheart377 (55 posts) -

I wonder if my PC can run this...

#3 Posted by JoeMarsden (304 posts) -

It's just Unreal Engine 3, so I think anything along the lines of a 8800GT or higher should be able to cope, graphics-wise.

Specs are here, actually. Just found 'em.

#4 Posted by ABritishNerd (318 posts) -

Thanks for the offer but I'm on a Mac.

#5 Posted by JoeMarsden (304 posts) -

Ah, that's a shame. Well be sure to tell your friends, it'd be much appreciated. :)

#6 Posted by The_Laughing_Man (13629 posts) -
@JoeMarsden said:

Ah, that's a shame. Well be sure to tell your friends, it'd be much appreciated. :)

I dont have a facebook page. 
#7 Posted by Lionheart377 (55 posts) -

@The_Laughing_Man: Head to the website, comment there, and we'll throw your name in!

#8 Posted by CptChiken (1987 posts) -
@ABritishNerd said:

Thanks for the offer but I'm on a Mac.

Snap, and the one windows computer i do have would not beable to run this... I keep it for my occasional age of empires marathons.
#9 Posted by thehexeditor (1404 posts) -

Thinly veiled video game website advertisement thread here..

Fuck that shit

#10 Posted by JoeMarsden (304 posts) -

We could have advertised our website in some dumb way like other people have with theirs here on Giant Bomb, but we're not idiots. We genuinely want you to get your chance at a Tribes key if you want one. Continue to be an ass if you like.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.