Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Tribes Ascend

Game » consists of 1 releases. Released Apr 12, 2012

Tribes: Ascend is a fast-paced free-to-play FPS developed by Hi-Rez Studios for the PC. With a focus on projectile weapons, high speed and jet packs, Tribes: Ascend offers unique acrobatic aerial combat with intense class based teamwork.

Looking for Europeans in the Tribes: Ascend Beta.

Gargantuan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By Gargantuan

Anyone wanna play with me? :)

My ID is Durtoth

Avatar image for lordxavierbritish
    LordXavierBritish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By LordXavierBritish

Here Europeans, go play Tribes Ascend. 

V2FC8-881BF-57FB4-239AD-C02AD
    V262B-74BAF-B58F4-0B8B0-86304

Driam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Driam

Alright, snapped up one of those codes and am installing the beta right now. Probably won't have time to play right now, but FUCK YEAH TRIBES LET'S DO THIS BLOOD EAGLES FOREVER!

Also, my name is KFFFSSSSSCHCHCCH. That's a K, three F's, five S' and then CHCHCCH, all in caps.

Either that or just 'Driam', I'm a bit confused as to which one you're supposed to enter, so try both I guess!

Gargantuan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Gargantuan
    @Driam said:

Alright, snapped up one of those codes and am installing the beta right now. Probably won't have time to play right now, but FUCK YEAH TRIBES LET'S DO THIS BLOOD EAGLES FOREVER!

Also, my name is KFFFSSSSSCHCHCCH. That's a K, three F's, five S' and then CHCHCCH, all in caps.

I've added you but you're not on my list. I think both players have to add each other to their friend lists. 

@LordXavierBritish said:
    Here Europeans, go play Tribes Ascend.  V2FC8-881BF-57FB4-239AD-C02AD V262B-74BAF-B58F4-0B8B0-86304
     What's your Tribes name?
    DeF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#5  Edited By DeF

@Gargantuan said:

I've added you but you're not on my list. I think both players have to add each other to their friend lists.

whaa? that sounds like Nintendo is making that game :D :D

Gargantuan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Gargantuan
    @DeF said:

@Gargantuan said:

It's still a beta so I hope they improve the friends stuff and matchmaking. Those things are a bit primitive right now but the game is very good.
    DeF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By DeF

@Gargantuan said:

@DeF said:

@Gargantuan said:

It's still a beta so I hope they improve the friends stuff and matchmaking. Those things are a bit primitive right now but the game is very good.

I played about 30-40 minutes of the beta after it launched but as a Tribes newbie I was totally lost. didn't hit anyone, had trouble adjusting to the "skiing" and felt like an ant in the desert for most of my two matches^^

would you recommend I check back in?

shiftymagician

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#8  Edited By shiftymagician

@DeF said:

@Gargantuan said:

@DeF said:

@Gargantuan said:

I played about 30-40 minutes of the beta after it launched but as a Tribes newbie I was totally lost. didn't hit anyone, had trouble adjusting to the "skiing" and felt like an ant in the desert for most of my two matches^^

I would recommend it (sorry I'm not the guy you quoted). I never played a Tribes game at all and picked up the controls in 10 minutes or so. To skii basically either go down a hill and hold space, or jetpack up a bit then hold space. Just keep holding space to ski and the basic mechanics are:

• When going down a hill while holding space you gain speed
    • When going up a hill you lose it. Use jetpacks to go up hills faster
    • Learn to aim for downhill slopes when you land to keep your speed up. Shouldn't take too long.
    • When skiing and just on a flat surface, you can look around without worrying about accidentally turning. this lets you shoot guys behind and on the side without a problem

As for shooting, learn to shoot ahead of where you think your opponents are going when on high speed. Start with the soldier and use his main gun that shoots explosive discs to get a few kills. If a dude is nearly dead, just switch to the pistol and fire away, but know the bullets from the pistol also have travel time but are way faster than your main weapon. Lastly always expect you will hit something that will stop your skiing when you first start out and get a feel of the maps. The feeling of hitting a guy correctly whilst on high speed when you have the flag simply doesn't exist on any other game in this day and age.

Gargantuan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Gargantuan
    @DeF said:

@Gargantuan said:

@DeF said:

@Gargantuan said:

Yeah, It isn't easy to hit people while also trying to find the best ski path but when you kill that flag carrier with a perfect shot you feel like a god. 
    It's also fun to defend or attack a generator, that's more like Quake with jetpacks and weird weapons. 
    DeF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By DeF

@ShiftyMagician said:

@DeF said:

@Gargantuan said:

@DeF said:

@Gargantuan said:

I would recommend it (sorry I'm not the guy you quoted). I never played a Tribes game at all and picked up the controls in 10 minutes or so. To skii basically either go down a hill and hold space, or jetpack up a bit then hold space. Just keep holding space to ski and the basic mechanics are:

• When going down a hill while holding space you gain speed
    • When going up a hill you lose it. Use jetpacks to go up hills faster
    • Learn to aim for downhill slopes when you land to keep your speed up. Shouldn't take too long.
    • When skiing and just on a flat surface, you can look around without worrying about accidentally turning. this lets you shoot guys behind and on the side without a problem

As for shooting, learn to shoot ahead of where you think your opponents are going when on high speed. Start with the soldier and use his main gun that shoots explosive discs to get a few kills. If a dude is nearly dead, just switch to the pistol and fire away, but know the bullets from the pistol also have travel time but are way faster than your main weapon. Lastly always expect you will hit something that will stop your skiing when you first start out and get a feel of the maps. The feeling of hitting a guy correctly whilst on high speed when you have the flag simply doesn't exist on any other game in this day and age.

how dare you to respond! OFF WITH HIS HEAD! :D

yea the skiing itself was fun but combining it with a regular shooter setting just irritated me for some reason. I tried changing my class but didn't even manage to find how to do that, I clicked pretty much everywhere in the menu (remember, it was right around the beta launch I think). I don't recall which class I ended up with but the weapon felt weird and ineffective for me as a newcomer (even with the "aim where you think he guy'll be" tactic ...it's a lot easier with rocket launchers in UT/Quake :P)

@Gargantuan said:

It's also fun to defend or attack a generator, that's more like Quake with jetpacks and weird weapons.

that's how I managed to get my only 1-2 kills ... I stumbled onto the enemy's generator and managed to take it out along with a player because everyone else was just skiing around outside, probably not knowing how to play properly either :D

emem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By emem
    @Gargantuan@Driam@DeF@ShiftyMagician: Do you guys still play? I'd prefer to play with Europeans (on European servers), it's hard enough to hit something with a good ping. :P
    DeF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By DeF

@emem said:

@Gargantuan: @Driam: @DeF: @ShiftyMagician: Do you guys still play? I'd prefer to play with Europeans (on European servers), it's hard enough to hit something with a good ping. :P

haven't played since the beta started but I'd not say not to a game to check out what they changed (maybe I finally find out how to change my class/weapon)

shiftymagician

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#13  Edited By shiftymagician

@emem said:

@Gargantuan: @Driam: @DeF: @ShiftyMagician: Do you guys still play? I'd prefer to play with Europeans (on European servers), it's hard enough to hit something with a good ping. :P

Haven't in a while sorry. Mainly due to studies, casual work and a whole 'lotta rayman and skyrim hehehe. Tribes did some massive changes when I came back in a few days after the Tribes TNT here and although I do like the changes I'm not feeling their prices for things thus far. It isn't impossible to get a few good guns for free and stick with them though granted you play enough.

emem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By emem
    @DeF: Yeah, the menu was not particularly good when the game first went into beta, but it's really easy to find things now. So when you press escape while you are playing you immediately see the "class select" and "modify class" options. 

@ShiftyMagician: I did not buy anything, hehe. And I guess when you don't have that much time to play the game you should probably just get the 250 free gold and get the spinfusor for the soldier... it's easily the most fun to play, imho. 

If you guys want to play a few rounds you can add me on Steam or in Tribes (emem for both). I feel like adding someone in Tribes is kinda pointless though, because when I'm already playing I barely follow the chat and would probably not even realise when someone is trying to say "hello". :)

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.