Why has this game not been featured on a TNT?

#1 Posted by Dezztroy (864 posts) -

Come on. We all know this needs to happen. It is the only skill-based FPS to come out of the industry this generation after all.

#2 Posted by jjnen (661 posts) -

It's not out yet?

#3 Posted by Dezztroy (864 posts) -

@Rappelsiini:

Fair point.

Still, getting into the beta is as simple as saying you want to get into the beta.

#4 Edited by MattyFTM (14432 posts) -

But isn't the Beta under NDA? It might be easy to get in, but that doesn't mean you can freely broadcast video of it. Most beta's like this have an NDA.

#5 Posted by Dezztroy (864 posts) -

@MattyFTM:

Nah, NDA has been nonexistent since it entered closed beta.

#6 Posted by ESREVER (2698 posts) -

@Dezztroy: Its not exactly at a point where you can organize community games. Wait till its officially out and all the features are live.

#7 Posted by Dezztroy (864 posts) -

@ESREVER:

You do have a point. I suppose being able to manage the players in the match would be a pretty important aspect.

Oh well, I'll have to hope for the future.

#8 Edited by TomA (2531 posts) -

@Dezztroy said:

@Rappelsiini:

Fair point.

Still, getting into the beta is as simple as saying you want to get into the beta.

That's not really a fair point at all. GB has done tons of TNT's for beta's.

EDIT: I'm pretty sure that their last TMT was actually a beta. Twisted Metal I think.

#9 Posted by Dezztroy (864 posts) -

@TomA:

They have? I wouldn't know, can't watch them live because of timezones, and I generally only watch the archived ones for games I'm already interested in.

#10 Posted by The_Laughing_Man (13629 posts) -
@TomA said:

@Dezztroy said:

@Rappelsiini:

Fair point.

That's not really a fair point at all. GB has done tons of TNT's for beta's.

EDIT: I'm pretty sure that their last TMT was actually a beta. Twisted Metal I think.

It wasnt. TM came out. They where ven talking about how a Patch was released for the beta before the games release. 
#11 Posted by alternate (2720 posts) -

FPS games can be dull to watch and a skill based FPS would be even worse unless one of the team started playing on their own time and got good at it. Nobody wants to see someone unfamiliar with the game running around like a headless chicken.

#12 Posted by CptBedlam (4457 posts) -

I'd definitely watch some kind of video feature of the new Tribes. Played Tribes 2 back then which was pretty awesome and I'm curious about the state of the franchise.

#13 Posted by jjnen (661 posts) -

@TomA: I don't remember there ever been a TNT for beta. Care to name one to remind me? Twisted Metal most definitely wasn't a beta TNT since the game came out in the US this week.

#14 Edited by Dezztroy (864 posts) -

@alternate: Well they usually don't do TNTs of games they've never played before, do they?

Edit: Actually, I suppose I'm just surprised that the GB guys seem to not know/care about the game. Don't think I've ever heard any of them even mention the game. Of course, if they don't care about the game, that's all good. But yeah, I'm surprised there hasn't even been a Quick Look of it.

The intern video doesn't count.

#15 Posted by LordXavierBritish (6320 posts) -

Because there is no justice in the world.

#16 Posted by Dunchad (506 posts) -

Doesn't have to be an TNT, but would like to see it get some coverage on GB. Just recently joined the beta myself and have been having a blast.

I would definitely like to see more people discover it, to help it become successful - the world needs a Tribes game with an active playerbase.

#17 Posted by LordXavierBritish (6320 posts) -

I LOVE YOU MOTHER FUCKERS WHO IS RESPONSIBLE FOR THIS I WILL SUCK YOUR DICK

#18 Edited by WarlockEngineerMoreDakka (428 posts) -

@MattyFTM said:

But isn't the Beta under NDA?

No it is not:

1. Tribes Ascend is currently in open beta to my knowledge- literally anyone with a computer that can run it can get into it now, you don't need a code. Just create a profile and you can get right in.

2. If there WAS ever a NDA- it must not have lasted very long. Otherwise, Total Biscuit would've been shut down ages ago. Cause he's been doing numerous videos of Tribes Ascend ever since the closed beta. >_>

UPDATE: And speak of the devil- tonight's TNT will be Tribes Ascend! :O

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.