Trine 2 And Splinter Cell HD Collection Hit With Delays

Posted by BradNicholson (812 posts) -

Two very different games, Trine 2 and The Splinter Cell HD Collection, have both been pushed back to a release later this Summer. Both games were previously expected to be out soon.

In the case of Trine 2, the downloadable follow-up was slated to hit this spring, but now it’ll see a release at some point in the “Summer” window. Atlus USA confirms this news in a press release, which didn’t, unfortunately, include a reason for the postponement. It’s still expected that the game will launch across all three of its slated platforms--Xbox Live Arcade, PSN, and PC download--at around the same time.  

As for the the Splinter Cell HD Collection, well, word is coming a little late since the PS3-exclusive collection was supposed to be on shelves this week. Obviously, it’s not, and it won’t be available until June 21, IGN reports. Once again, no reason was given for the delay, which is troubling considering how close it was to release. The collection combines Splinter Cell, Splinter Cell: Pandora Tomorrow and Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory into one nice, HD package.

If anything, though, it’s not like there’s a shortage of games to play right now. The 3DS launches a little later this week in the US and this Tuesday, for example, will see the release of Crysis 2, that new Ghostbusters downloadable and many other titles--plenty to keep you occupied while you wonder why Sam Fisher or the noble Knight can’t make their dinner dates.      
#1 Posted by BradNicholson (812 posts) -

Two very different games, Trine 2 and The Splinter Cell HD Collection, have both been pushed back to a release later this Summer. Both games were previously expected to be out soon.

In the case of Trine 2, the downloadable follow-up was slated to hit this spring, but now it’ll see a release at some point in the “Summer” window. Atlus USA confirms this news in a press release, which didn’t, unfortunately, include a reason for the postponement. It’s still expected that the game will launch across all three of its slated platforms--Xbox Live Arcade, PSN, and PC download--at around the same time.  

As for the the Splinter Cell HD Collection, well, word is coming a little late since the PS3-exclusive collection was supposed to be on shelves this week. Obviously, it’s not, and it won’t be available until June 21, IGN reports. Once again, no reason was given for the delay, which is troubling considering how close it was to release. The collection combines Splinter Cell, Splinter Cell: Pandora Tomorrow and Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory into one nice, HD package.

If anything, though, it’s not like there’s a shortage of games to play right now. The 3DS launches a little later this week in the US and this Tuesday, for example, will see the release of Crysis 2, that new Ghostbusters downloadable and many other titles--plenty to keep you occupied while you wonder why Sam Fisher or the noble Knight can’t make their dinner dates.      
#2 Posted by MjHealy (1837 posts) -

I don't know why but I thought Trine 2 was already out.

#3 Posted by abdo (1037 posts) -

I have a feeling Trine 2 will be pushed back even further.

#4 Edited by EgoCheck616 (782 posts) -

I liked Trine a lot but it doesn't surprise me that the sequel got delayed.
Wake me when Portal 2 / SOCOM 4 come out.

#5 Posted by ChrisTaran (1579 posts) -

Trine 2 was pushed back to be in the summer of arcade!
(crazy theory)

#6 Posted by buckybit (1455 posts) -

"The Summer of Summers"

#7 Posted by latros (80 posts) -

I NEED SPLINTER CELL HD REMAKE

#8 Posted by JimmyPancakes (119 posts) -

Maybe Trine2 got into the Summer of Arcade! (oh snap ChrisTaran great minds)
#9 Posted by Twiggy199 (496 posts) -

making splinter cell an exclusive on PS3 is like making Metal gear exclusive on Xbox 360, sam fisher was ours first don't take him away from us. i want them on 360 for pandora tomorrows and chaos theories multiplayer.

#10 Posted by TomA (2531 posts) -

I dont care about splinter cell but Trine delay makes me cry.

#11 Posted by PaulKemp (109 posts) -

9th? W00t! Got it!!! Oh yeah

#12 Posted by RYNO9881 (625 posts) -

Trine music has always been awesome.

#13 Posted by Soviut (164 posts) -

Looks beautiful!  That snail at the end is a really nice touch. 

I just hope they've tightened up the physics a bit so there are fewer issues balancing things.

#14 Posted by Pkshields (810 posts) -

Everytime I see Trine 2 it reminds me how much I'm looking forward to Trine 2.

#15 Posted by RandomInternetUser (6789 posts) -

I need to play Trine.  I only played like 35 minutes of it.

#16 Posted by HadesTimes (804 posts) -

This year is going to be SO THICK with games, I would expect to see all most everything delayed.  This is just the second or third round.

#17 Posted by SSully (4147 posts) -

I think the summer is a better release for Trine. The summer is notorious for dry spells. If it came out in spring I would have passed it up because there are so many other games coming out. Good choice on their part. 

#18 Posted by Tordah (2476 posts) -

Damnit. I want Trine 2 now! That trailer is just too awesome.

#19 Posted by AuthenticM (3706 posts) -

Sold, day one.

#20 Posted by Godlyawesomeguy (6396 posts) -

That sucks, I was looking forward to getting the Splinter Cell collection today.

#21 Posted by Skald (4367 posts) -

The wizard is the best.

#22 Posted by firecracker22 (535 posts) -

Message board rumor I've heard, and like the best for Splinter Cell's delay, is about adding the Co-Op and multiplayer from Pandora Tomorrow and Chaos Theory. 

Which, if true, is a good reason. I'd rather it ship with Co-Op, instead of no Co-Op.
#23 Posted by oasisbeyond (213 posts) -

How were they "Ours first?"
Part 1,2,3 were on all the consoles and pc.
Double Agent though was awesome on Xbox, and it still runs on 360 and looks great...
Don't need a HD "Cough pc versions. It's old stop crying about it, it's just milking the series to death.
Plus 360 has Conviction and the next one... You guys are nuts who buy these so called HD collections, they are just pc ports with nothing special added. Upscalled textures doe not make them true hd or remakes... It's like the old N64 putting 64 after every title, now it's HD... What's gona happen next gen? Super HD PortS? Then Super Duper HD? Stop buying this crap and just make ps3 backward copatible. STOC is the only one worth it, considering it ran like shit on ps2.

#24 Posted by Bloodgraiv3 (2712 posts) -

I want Trine 2 already!
#25 Posted by TwoOneFive (9459 posts) -

trine 2 took a big graphical leap thats for sure. looks gorgeous

#26 Posted by MisterMouse (3543 posts) -

This HD collections seem to be hot recently...

#27 Posted by BulletproofMonk (2720 posts) -

In Trine 2, I'm hoping for less skeletons and more puzzle-solving. Could not finish the first one, it was just too goddamn boring.

#28 Posted by Silock (238 posts) -
This is bad, this is very bad : ( 
#29 Posted by Filch (27 posts) -

Heavy on the Bloom effects, makes it difficult to see/focus a bit.

#30 Posted by BigBoss1911 (2426 posts) -

Why do developers even bother anymore with release dates, just seems like everything gets delayed.

#31 Posted by darkjester74 (1574 posts) -

Man, I need to finish Trine 1.  =(

#32 Posted by G0rd0nFr33m4n (762 posts) -

I want the SNAIL ! :D 

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.