Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Trine

Game » consists of 12 releases. Released Jul 02, 2009

Trine is a fantasy 2D side-scroller for PC and PlayStation 3 that lets you switch between three different characters to solve puzzles and find treasure.

Trine was released on Mac via Steam...

MisterMouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By MisterMouse

Well I saw that it was on Steam for 5$ and it is just around that range where it is almost a must buy... but I wanted to make sure I would enjoy it. What are some games that are similar to it? and if I do buy it should I prepare myself in any way?

wefwefasdf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By wefwefasdf

I loved Trine. I played it in chunks though. Not all at once. I can't think of anything to compare it to though...

MisterMouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By MisterMouse
    @SpikeSpiegel: any specific reasons why you played it in chunks?
    wefwefasdf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By wefwefasdf
    @pyromaster222 said:
    " @SpikeSpiegel: any specific reasons why you played it in chunks? "
    I personally can't sit and play anything on the PC for long periods of time. I get distracted by the internet. :P
    Geno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 3

#5  Edited By Geno

I can't think of a specific game to liken it to, but what I can do is tell you that it's really good. It feels very tactile and organic; everything you touch reacts and bobs around, and at the same time you use such movements to get across the level. The art style and music are also quite charming. The only downside I found with the game really is its repetitive combat, but you can skip it a lot of the time, and the combat isn't very difficult at all.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.