Five New Maps Headed To Tron: Evolution

Posted by BradNicholson (812 posts) -
Disney Interactive Studios isn't done supporting Tron: Evolution. The publisher has announced a second downloadable content map pack that adds a total of five new maps to the game's online component. 

Usually, this is where I would make note of said map pack's price and release date, but Disney is keeping that information to itself at the moment. The publisher did, however, lightly detail each map and even threw in a couple of screens to give us an idea of what's coming. Here's the intel for your viewing pleasure: 

• Skyline -- On the upper echelons of Tron City, combatants deftly navigate massive gaps among rooftops while battling.
  • Spires -- A Nexus Stream maintenance spire hangs precariously under the expanse of Arjia City. Vertical mobility is the key to survive.
  • Classic -- The first-generation game grid meets the next generation of grid combatants.
  • Relic -- A legacy of the past, the original game grid is slowly being eaten away by the Outlands. 
  • Drydock -- In a highly secure part of the Grid, Clu’s Regulator is nearing the final phases of its construction.

Tron: Evolution's first multiplayer map pack, which contains two maps, is being given away as a pack-in download code with every new copy of the game. This pack also includes a mutliplayer character skin, which can vary depending on where you buy the game. This second pack, by the way, will be released for all three versions of the game.
#1 Posted by BradNicholson (812 posts) -
Disney Interactive Studios isn't done supporting Tron: Evolution. The publisher has announced a second downloadable content map pack that adds a total of five new maps to the game's online component. 

Usually, this is where I would make note of said map pack's price and release date, but Disney is keeping that information to itself at the moment. The publisher did, however, lightly detail each map and even threw in a couple of screens to give us an idea of what's coming. Here's the intel for your viewing pleasure: 

• Skyline -- On the upper echelons of Tron City, combatants deftly navigate massive gaps among rooftops while battling.
  • Spires -- A Nexus Stream maintenance spire hangs precariously under the expanse of Arjia City. Vertical mobility is the key to survive.
  • Classic -- The first-generation game grid meets the next generation of grid combatants.
  • Relic -- A legacy of the past, the original game grid is slowly being eaten away by the Outlands. 
  • Drydock -- In a highly secure part of the Grid, Clu’s Regulator is nearing the final phases of its construction.

Tron: Evolution's first multiplayer map pack, which contains two maps, is being given away as a pack-in download code with every new copy of the game. This pack also includes a mutliplayer character skin, which can vary depending on where you buy the game. This second pack, by the way, will be released for all three versions of the game.
#2 Edited by Odyssey (115 posts) -

Neat, looking forward to it!

(FINALLY!)

#3 Posted by SammydesinasNL (840 posts) -
@Odyssey said:
"Neat, looking forward to it!  (FINALLY!) "

AAARRRGGGHHHH
#4 Posted by Jayross (2365 posts) -

Finally...  

we are getting some more maps.

#5 Posted by Fantomex100 (81 posts) -

Meh

#6 Posted by DeathbyYeti (761 posts) -

I imagine as with most DLC these were already finished and were just waiting a month until it seemed okay to tell people that they can buy more maps. Every game

#7 Posted by NickDynmo (177 posts) -
@DeathbyYeti said:
" I imagine as with most DLC these were already finished and were just waiting a month until it seemed okay to tell people that they can buy more maps. Every game "
It's a way of getting people to not trade in the game.
#8 Posted by DeathbyYeti (761 posts) -
@NickDynmo: I think once they sell a copy of the game they could not care less if you keep playing it. Just dont buy used and purchase DLC
#9 Posted by PKHilson (205 posts) -

Blahhh

#10 Posted by Vonocourt (2160 posts) -

I rented this today and yeah, it's not very good.

#11 Posted by TheHakku (360 posts) -
@Vonocourt said:
" I rented this today and yeah, it's not very good. "
Bah. It's fine. :/
#12 Posted by Goldenroad (58 posts) -

i cant remember which games came out in 2010 :( iv mostly been playin mw2 all year :D
#13 Posted by TheMartino (136 posts) -

While Disney Interactive hasn't stopped supporting Tron's multiplayer it sure seems the players have.

Wasn't able to find a single game when I had this. It put me in a match with bots or something.

#14 Posted by MrXD (240 posts) -

......really?

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.