Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Tropico 3

Game » consists of 6 releases. Released Oct 20, 2009

EL PRESIDENTÉ! In Tropico 3, you play as a dictator on a Caribbean island trying to become as wealthy and successful as possible.

Official Tropico 3 DIscussion Thread

The_Drizzle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By The_Drizzle

I'm not seeing much love for this game which is surprising. Anyone else been playing this lately, any strategies, advice or anything like that to share? I currently just play the sandbox game type but continue to go into debt every game

toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By toowalrus

Looks interesting, haven't played it yet though. May pick it up for Xbox when it comes out, based on it's box art alone.

ImperiousRix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By ImperiousRix

Looks like it could be really interesting.  I like the concept, but there are two factors holding me back.  
    1) I'd have to get it on Xbox 360, and not only am I having trouble finding it anywhere, I have no idea whether it is on par with the PC version. 
    2) Being of Cuban descent in a home with proud Cubans, I might be ex-communicated from the household should I bring home a game that parodies the struggles of our people.  They just wouldn't get it.

zFUBARz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By zFUBARz

I played 1 and 2, both had ups and downs, maybe I'll get it off steam when it's 20 bucks some day.

erinfizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#5  Edited By erinfizz
    @ImperiousRix: 

It's not out until after the first of the year for 360. Apparently the demo is available already, though. 

As far as parody...well yeah. It doesn't make fun of the citizens during normal gameplay, but definitely the leader. I will also say that I thought the voice actor for your "assistant" that goes through the tutorial and goes over events in the game STANK and was pretty offensive. This would be easy enough to fix by just turning the voice off and listening to the nice music while you read the events. 

Otherwise, the game is okay and I enjoy it but it feels a bit limited to me. I have gotten more into big strategy games like Civ since I last played a Tropico which I think might be the issue there. The pacing is also not as tight as some older city builder games that I have played...but HEY, it's not like city builders are being put out left right and center these days, so I'm just happy that it exists to some extent.
    The_Drizzle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By The_Drizzle

Does civ have the option to build cities and such or is it just a over-world view 24/7?

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.