Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Tropico 5

Game » consists of 5 releases. Released May 23, 2014

The fifth game in Kalypso's dictatorship simulation series. The game improves on trading, technology and research and adds competitive and cooperative multiplayer for the first time in the series.

Tropico 5 hype train!

Rowr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

Tropico 5 just landed!

I'm guessing most are holding out for watchdogs at the moment or playing through wolfenstein, but the pc strategy nuts know where it's at, though kalypso can be a little bit hit and miss sometimes.

Seems like reviews are a little mixed so far, though a couple of 8's from the likes of game informer and gamespot. Given the genre is not for everyone I can accept a few low scores.

Time for some good old fashioned DickTaterShips!

I'm keen to hear any early impressions/tales of oppresion from the gb community.

chiablo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

Rowr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Rowr
    @chiablo said:

This is a good writeup, and reaffirms my decision to skip this one: http://arstechnica.com/gaming/2014/05/tropico-5-review-empire-building-with-a-bit-too-much-guidance/

Sounds like they dropped the difficulty then?

Though I just booted it up and I've noticed theres like 6 difficulty settings for both political and economic difficulty, so maybe putting them up to hard is the way to go. I'll hold out hope this writer played it on too easy a setting or something.

edit - Well I set the difficulty on hard and so far it's kicking my ass a little on the first level even. So i'm not too worried.

Rowr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well, graphics are gorgeous, UI is clean and they seem to have added a bunch of new stuff like research, supervisors and building upgrades, more intuitive trading. I had my worries they might have dumbed it down a bit, but all the old stuff seems to still be here. So far so good.

chiablo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rowr said:

Well, graphics are gorgeous, UI is clean and they seem to have added a bunch of new stuff like research, supervisors and building upgrades, more intuitive trading. I had my worries they might have dumbed it down a bit, but all the old stuff seems to still be here. So far so good.

Good to hear, I have a buddy who was looking at a 4-pack, so maybe I'll grab one from him.

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

#7  Edited By mike

Getting some really bad tearing regardless of whether vsync is on or off. Played with all the options and can't figure out a way to eliminate it. Anyone else run into this?

Chop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm gonna try waiting for a steam sale, but Tropico is soooooooooooo tempting when it's boiling hot outside.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.