Tropico 3 or Tropico 4?

#1 Posted by ProfessorEss (7308 posts) -

I've been planning to pick up a Tropico for a long time now and with the current Steam sale in effect I've run into a bit of a decision dilemma. I've read a lot of negative comments about 4 being too similar to 3 to make it a valuable sequel but for someone who's played very little of 3 I'm not sure which way to go.

So I'm asking you, fans of Tropico, would you recommend I buy Tropico 4 for $10.19 or Tropico 3 with the Absolute Power add-on for $3.74?

(My post is a little late, there's only like four hours till the sale ends but even if I miss out this info will no doubt help me when they both inevitably go on sale again)

#2 Posted by Grillbar (1807 posts) -

personallu i would say tropico 4

#3 Posted by cornwalliz (214 posts) -

Tropico 4

#4 Posted by Shirogane (3566 posts) -

4, and you missed the sale on that game earlier today. It was at like 75% off or something.

#5 Posted by ProfessorEss (7308 posts) -

@Shirogane said:

4, and you missed the sale on that game earlier today. It was at like 75% off or something.

It's still on for 66% off for the next 3 hours so not a big deal.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.